Which zones do you play in and which zones do you rarely/never enter?

DougGraves

22 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Can’t remember the last time I was even near Boomtown, let alone inside the zone.

I think I went in there on Live simply BECAUSE I had never been in there. It's basically contentless. Nothing happens there. It's just a packed street sweep zone with the merest handful of missions sending you in it.

Honestly, it's a perfect blank slate for any new development because there's nothing to get in the way of new content.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

2 minutes ago, SaintD said:

I think I went in there on Live simply BECAUSE I had never been in there. It's basically contentless. Nothing happens there. It's just a packed street sweep zone with the merest handful of missions sending you in it.

Honestly, it's a perfect blank slate for any new development because there's nothing to get in the way of new content.

I don't know about this. I've done the "prison break" event there and have had several contacts give me missions there as well. Not saying it is jam packed with content or anything.  Just that there are things to do and that it is hardly a content wasteland.  It might be the origins of the characters I chose led me there on a few guys? I'm pretty sure that has a bit of an effect on the chain of contacts you get. 

5 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Aaaaand ANOTHER thing!
The densely packed, realistically inconsistently-built buildings which most of Redside have make it fun and easy to do parkour, as opposed to the towering skyscrapers of more than half the Blueside zones.

I have a character on redside since I need to do a patron arc.  Superleap was much more fun over there due to just that.  Superleap in Steel Canyon is just going around boxes.

3 hours ago, SaintD said:

I wouldn't say "nothing".  There's quite a few hunt missions, and several door missions.  And the Council War Walker event...

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

Can’t remember the last time I was even near Boomtown, let alone inside the zone.

I played a blue side Radiation Melee/Radiation Armor Brute from late June through early August, (I level up one character at a time almost completely solo from level 1 to 50).  I swear (okie, this is probably an exaggeration, but it felt like), almost every third mission I had from level 15 onwards sent me to freaking Boomtown.   I became intimately familiar with the zone's nooks and crannies.  I think that's what helped drive me back to red side...

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

I played a blue side Radiation Melee/Radiation Armor Brute from late June through early August, (I level up one character at a time almost completely solo from level 1 to 50).  I swear (okie, this is probably an exaggeration, but it felt like), almost every third mission I had from level 15 onwards sent me to freaking Boomtown.   I became intimately familiar with the zone's nooks and crannies.  I think that's what helped drive me back to red side...

OK, so BOOMtown, not BRICKStown. I cAn sOMe rEaD GOod tiMe aT Am. While I think my original sentiment still kind of stand, it's way less strong. I know I've done content there, but not much. Now that I think about it I can't remember if I have ever actually talked to contact IN that zone. Are there any?

1 minute ago, quixoteprog said:

OK, so BOOMtown, not BRICKStown. I cAn sOMe rEaD GOod tiMe aT Am. While I think my original sentiment still kind of stand, it's way less strong. I know I've done content there, but not much. Now that I think about it I can't remember if I have ever actually talked to contact IN that zone. Are there any?

Nope.  There's Babbage, Council Goliath War Walker, and a bunch of door missions.  About it.  Boomtown is so boring and depressing that even one of its GMs frequently leaves for Skyway City.  I feel bad for him really.  Babbage isn't trying to hurt us... he's just so overly excited about actually seeing people after being trapped in Boomtown for fifteen years.

Most of my characters tend to live in Cimerora.  Solo grinding means working the Roman wall, or running Marcus Valerius missions, esp. on characters that rely on stealth.  The logout bonuses you get there are more beneficial than most. 

I have also taken to doing the Dark Astoria arcs on a number of my characters, mostly for the incarnate geemies and merits.  But there's too much stacking mob debuff there so that stuff is solo only.  Knives and Talons are fun to play against, though. 

I tend to avoid Atlas Park as soon as I have outlevelled it.  The zone is busy enough that characters logged out there take noticeably longer to log back in to. 

I try to avoid Boomtown until I have well outlevelled it.  But some of my favorite exploration badges are there. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I only enter Boomtown for the badges that are part of Accolades (Regal I think in a tunnel), the door mission in the Synapse TF and the gray hunt in Numina.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I really enjoy the faultine arcs, the croatia arcs, the pi tina/unai/maria arcs, and post-50 I hang around DA sweeping moth cemetery since it’s the only incarnate zone in game.  

kings row, perez, boomtown, steel, skyway, bricks, creys, eden, founders, independence port i generally visit only for task forces or occasional level appropriate  radio teams.  They are just either bland or inconvenient (looking at you IP)

Edited by mcdoogss

On 11/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, Xeres said:

Well for me part of the problem is I follow the bread crumbs.  So It's Atlas > KR > Skyway / SC etc.  I've not found the bread crumb that leads me to the Hollows.  If I go there it's because I've ignored the contacts I do have and made it a point to go there.

When Homecoming came along, I had completely forgotten about The Hollows (I only discovered the live game about a year before it shut down). It was only after somebody else mentioned it that I realized, "Huh, I'm like 15 alts in and I haven't gotten a single referral to Hollows." I finally found it after clicking the "Find Contact" button and clicking through until it gave me Wincott.

But that left me wondering, "How did I get there on live?" I was asking somebody, on another forum, about what the content was in Kings Row before the new Skulls/Superadine arc was added, because I honestly couldn't remember, and they said, "Well, a contact there sent you to The Hollows..."

On 11/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, DougGraves said:

Yes, but running DFB for a 5th time is more fun than running Habshy and Shauna's arcs for a 5th time.  I can only assume that people without altitis have no idea how often we create and play low level characters.

Heh, yeah. I think I was up to about 40 alts before I decided I was really tired of AP and KR, so my last 30+ alts have all done the Galaxy City tutorial, then the first four missions from Habashy to get 3 Merits to buy Converters to sell for starting pocket money, and then it's off to AE to powerlevel to 12, equip themselves with DOs, and then straight to Steel Canyon.

7 hours ago, RikOz said:

When Homecoming came along, I had completely forgotten about The Hollows (I only discovered the live game about a year before it shut down). It was only after somebody else mentioned it that I realized, "Huh, I'm like 15 alts in and I haven't gotten a single referral to Hollows." I finally found it after clicking the "Find Contact" button and clicking through until it gave me Wincott.

But that left me wondering, "How did I get there on live?" I was asking somebody, on another forum, about what the content was in Kings Row before the new Skulls/Superadine arc was added, because I honestly couldn't remember, and they said, "Well, a contact there sent you to The Hollows..."

As I said back on the first page, the trails that used to lead to the Hollows were blocked off when they revamped the zone.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I use Indy Port a lot, as the base beacon, science store, trainer and tram are all close. Never get teams their though unless its to murder the GM. Plus I like to use the SE corner for lvling up late 20's characters. Family and Tsoo there, and a magic store close.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty