Which villain groups are fun to fight, which are boring to fight, which are annoying to fight - and why?

DougGraves

4 hours ago, RialVestro said:

That's kind of the point of a PRACTICE dummy. They can't be killed, they're designed to last forever. They only exist to test out powers.

Nurse!  Get this man 10 CCs of "sense of humor", STAT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Many moons ago I used to run a private up shard, one weekend when feeling particularly bored, and a little impish, I changed the practise dummies all over Britannia (which are a handy thing for upping your combat skills) to have the same stats and abilities as giants, so when an unsuspecting.player thought he'd have a quick.spar...whomp

I may be a killer gm

• Confused 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the most insidious group in the game.

This foe is everywhere. It fights both villains and heroes. You are powerless to resist it. You can be the most powerful incarnate and you will eventually encounter this foe and it will stop you in your tracks. No hero or villain can overcome the power of the curb.

All the power in the universe, and you cannot step over a curb.

• Confused 1

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

1 minute ago, TyrantMikey said:

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the most insidious group in the game.

This foe is everywhere. It fights both villains and heroes. You are powerless to resist it. You can be the most powerful incarnate and you will eventually encounter this foe and it will stop you in your tracks. No hero or villain can overcome the power of the curb.

All the power in the universe, and you cannot step over a curb.

I would have said pushy pedestrians are worse myself...

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

1 minute ago, boggo2300 said:

I would have said pushy pedestrians are worse myself...

Oh, pushy pedestrians are far outclassed by pushy MM pets. Especially in doorways on sewer runs.

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

Just now, TyrantMikey said:

Oh, pushy pedestrians are far outclassed by pushy MM pets. Especially in doorways on sewer runs.

I dunno did a Freak rave mish yesterday, and the pushy panicky pedestrians had the door blocked between me and the next mob for what felt like 6 days!!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

How about an honorable mention for the evil foe:  lag.  You can zip around fighting and winning then when you least expect it BAM lag.  Usually doesnt hit me unless I haven't rebooted my computer in a week or so but still evil and unexpected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

I dunno did a Freak rave mish yesterday, and the pushy panicky pedestrians had the door blocked between me and the next mob for what felt like 6 days!!

They were moving. Wait until you do the Faultline missions and Arbiter Sands and his drones lock you into a small room permanently.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

7 hours ago, SaintD said:

They were moving. Wait until you do the Faultline missions and Arbiter Sands and his drones lock you into a small room permanently.

Been there done that, unfortunately for Arbiter Sands I was a WS, hello shadow step MWAHAHAHA

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I love fighting Malta, in part because everyone hates them so much.  

But my 2 main characters are a Mind Controller and a Plant Dom, and both have Confuse.  Confuse makes malta, super easy.

My next 2 characters are a Stalker (stabbitize the sapper) and an SR scrapper (sapper can't touch this).

all of which make Malta really a non-issue for me.

I used to really dislike fighting Carnies, because they have Very high Psi defense, and that was an issue for my Mind/Kin.  Esp the Master Illusionists.

With Nerve alpha, it's not a problem anymore. 

So I'd probably say Freakshow annoy me the most because it feels like I always have to kill them twice.

Family, even after the revamp they got are just pretty generic and boring.  Warriors as well. Warriors probably have  lots of potential to be revamped with the newer weapon sets, maybe archery and trick arrow stuff as well.  Why not a Dual Blades, or Shield using Warrior?

Back on live, as a I mainly played non-melee, Devouring Earth were super annoying without Mez protection.

Clockwork can be quite annoying at low levels.

3 hours ago, RialVestro said:

I like killing enemies twice. It's like double XP weekend but ALL THE TIME! and if you already have double XP then it's quadruple XP!

The rez would be more annoying if there was no XP the second time.

I said a while back that, if WoW had mobs with the Freakshow mechanic, based on my 10 years playing that game, they would rez every single time, and you'd only get XP after the second kill.

• Like 1

My archvillain nemesis is Mold Wall. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

6 hours ago, RialVestro said:

I like killing enemies twice. It's like double XP weekend but ALL THE TIME! and if you already have double XP then it's quadruple XP!

The rez would be more annoying if there was no XP the second time. Like the enemies who spawn from portals, they don't give XP but they will continue to spawn until that portal is destroyed. I freaking hate those guys. I kinda understand why they did that, to prevent farming the portal... but I kinda wish there was a cap on the enemies instead to make it easier to deal with instead of they can spawn endless mobs hypothetically forever that won't give you XP but will give you plenty of debt.

I was so sad when they took the XP of the Rikti from a Commo Officers portal 😞 changed the order I kill Rikti mobs in now, I always used to yell over Vent "LEAVE THE COMMO!!" no more *sniff*

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

I was so sad when they took the XP of the Rikti from a Commo Officers portal 😞 changed the order I kill Rikti mobs in now, I always used to yell over Vent "LEAVE THE COMMO!!" no more *sniff*

Yeah, Commos are first in the targeting order now. Sad. Very sad. A travesty, really.

20 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

That must have changed pretty early on because I've never gotten XP from those. As far back as issue 2 they were totally worthless. I did try it once and was getting killed for nothing because the portals never stopped summoning and filled an entire freaking map with Rikti that weren't worth any XP.

Can't remember when it was, I do remember my anguished scream when I read the patch notes for it though!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!