thevernshow

Hi,

I made a Radiation/ Poison Corruptor cin an attempt to finally play a ranged character. I was hoping someone would be able to provide me with a build to use, or at least give me some tips on what to build a corruptor. If you think the power sets don't work well together I'd also take suggestions on a good corruptor powerset with a build for it.

Thanks for any help

So, it's not that I don't think the power combination doesn't pair well together. It's more that poison is not the greatest of powersets and I think it'd be a shame for you to start your first ranged character with it.

I would suggest a fire/kin or a fire/time instead to showcase some of the power of corruptors and ranged characters in general.

However if you are set on either radiation blast or poison. I'd suggest either water/poison (water allows you to heal yourself and has good aoe) or rad/time (time will allow you to get to the softcap easily and proc out radiation).

Allow me to second the above comment regarding Poison. You can make a character that functions with it, and I have done so more than once. But I also had experience playing a lot of Defenders and Corruptors at that point.

While Fire/Kinetics and Fire/Time are both solid suggestions, let me also toss Ice/Time out for consideration. What you end up with is a damage dealer with a side order of control.  This gives you the ability to face groups solo because you can delay incoming attacks to so great an extent. Because you have three holds, keeping boss mobs locked down is simple (and two of your holds deal damage).

As a first ranged character I'd suggest something that can bring a lot of pain down on the mobs from a ways out.  For secondaries /Rad is always good with anything and it's very useful in a team setting as well as solo, I'm currently leveling a Water/Rad and it's a strong combination.  Kinetic is always welcome on a team and like Rad it works with most anything... mine's Sonic/Kin.  I'm not really up on Poison but I don't see it used very often and I've heard several comments on it like those made above.

There's lots of very effective secondaries to choose from and pair up with lots of effective primaries.  If you want lots of damage it's hard to go too far wrong with Fire/Kin or Fire/Rad... interestingly enough the same combos are top performers in the Controller world as well. 😁  Sonic Blast works great in lowering mobs resistances so they take more damage from the entire team, Rad blast can build considerable amounts of -defense so the bad guys are easier to hit, Dark Blast can nuke the bad guy's ability to hit you or your team... there's lots of good choices there.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I run this combo and its a lot of fun, here is my build, it is Soft capped to Melee/Smashing/Lethal and has some decent resists also

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Poison
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Alkaloid -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Irradiate -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Obl-%Dam(11)
Level 4: Envenom -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(11), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 6: Weaken -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(13), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(13), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Proton Volley -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Rchg(19), Apc-Dam%(19)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 12: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Ksm-ToHit+(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 16: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Cosmic Burst -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 20: Elixir of Life -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 22: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Weave -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 28: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), HO:Cyto(34), HO:Cyto(37)
Level 30: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atomic Blast -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Kick -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(39), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 38: Venomous Gas -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(40), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 41: Oppressive Gloom -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(42), PrfShf-End%(43)
------------

Edited by Techno

People seem to be missing the OPs point that the power sets are determined by the theme of the character. Which I assume /time and /kin might not go with very well. If that is the case then Rad/Rad might work better? I never ran a corrupter with Rad secondary but on a controller it is pretty strong.  Lots of good debuffs and just about the best single buff in the game. Not a lot of control, though.

Not saying fire/time and anything/kin might not be way stronger, so go with those if I am off base with the theme thing. If not I cannot think of any more "corrupter-ish" sets to pair up. Dark?

Dark is pretty strong I think, and has a built in stealth, as well as some controle which is nice for a ranged character. Being hidden allows you to choose the distance at which to start a fight, because nothing sucks more as a sqishy than running around a corner and aggroing things that you cannot keep at bay. Of course you can pick up stealth as a pool power, so it is not necessary to have it as part of a secondary, just nice.