How close to Perma can you make Force of Nature?

DocRadio

Playing my Elec/KIN corrupter is a blast... but it does require me getting into range of some fairly nasty stuff to use fulcrum shift at it's highest potential. Rune of Protection helps a LOT, but the resists from Force of Nature look great. And I'm not too worried about the crash because of conserve power and transference. With that being said I was wondering how often I could keep it up?

FoN has a 1000 second cooldown and a 120 second duration.  The recharge cap is +400%.  That means the lowest recharge you can get is 200 second recharge (1000/5, where 5 is 100 base + 400 enhanced).  

So you'll have an 80 second gap, best case scenario.  Kin probably comes the closest of any build to self hitting the recharge cap, but even Kins would struggle to stay there.  +330% is more reasonable (70 from hasten, 60 from triple siphon speed, 100 from sets, 95 from slotting) so its actually more like a 100-120 second gap. 

Have you considered Melee Hybrid and Barrier Core Incarnate powers to help your squishiness?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

FoN has a 1000 second cooldown and a 120 second duration.  The recharge cap is +400%.  That means the lowest recharge you can get is 200 second recharge (1000/5, where 5 is 100 base + 400 enhanced).  

So you'll have an 80 second gap, best case scenario.  Kin probably comes the closest of any build to self hitting the recharge cap, but even Kins would struggle to stay there.  +330% is more reasonable (70 from hasten, 60 from triple siphon speed, 100 from sets, 95 from slotting) so its actually more like a 100-120 second gap. 

Have you considered Melee Hybrid and Barrier Core Incarnate powers to help your squishiness?

Yeah they were in the plan also. And thank you, an 80 second gap isn't all that bad. Even 120 second gap. RoP runs about 90 seconds, and Barrier at the highest tier provides 2 minutes of diminishing protection, so filling the gap shouldn't be hard. With all that going for me along with Transfusion for the occasional quick heal My character should be good to go. Though I might have to use clarion instead of barrier. So far inspirations and RoP have done a fair job of protecting me from status effects

Edited by DocRadio

13 minutes ago, DocRadio said:

Yeah they were in the plan also. And thank you, an 80 second gap isn't all that bad. Even 120 second gap. RoP runs about 90 seconds, and Barrier at the highest tier provides 2 minutes of diminishing protection, so filling the gap shouldn't be hard. With all that going for me along with Transfusion for the occasional quick heal My character should be good to go. Though I might have to use clarion instead of barrier. So far inspirations and RoP have done a fair job of protecting me from status effects

For what it's worth, I run Rune, Melee and Barrier on my Ice/Dark/Dark corruptor.  I find that Rune and Melee do more than enough to keep me from being mezzed and Barrier, although it doesn't provide mez protection, does make me unhittable for a minute due to capping my defenses.  Have to hit me to mez me.

I don't know how useful Clarion would end up being, especially if you're adding FoN on top of Rune and Melee.  Seems like overkill.

Edited by Omega-202

11 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

For what it's worth, I run Rune, Melee and Barrier on my Ice/Dark/Dark corruptor.  I find that Rune and Melee do more than enough to keep me from being mezzed and Barrier, although it doesn't provide mez protection, does make me unhittable for a minute due to capping my defenses.  Have to hit me to mez me.

I don't know how useful Clarion would end up being, especially if you're adding FoN on top of Rune and Melee.  Seems like overkill.

I'm an overkill kind of guy. But honestly I think I will run Barrier. I run it on my Sent and I think it's fairly incredible.

Edited by DocRadio

• 1 month later
On 11/6/2019 at 7:31 AM, Omega-202 said:

Go water blast or another knockback blast set with kin and make sure you use repel and blast powers with FF procs (corruptor or defender, doesn't matter. Take either the spiritual or agility alpha. Now use ageless. This will make you hit the recharge cap a lot like a lot a lot.

P.S. Don't actually do this unless you have some magical way of making up for your defenses being poor due to focusing on recharge.

Edited by Darkir