Daily missions

drdread

• Retired Game Master
3 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Competitive zone sounds like a bad idea, PvP is pretty unpopular in this game and making existing zones PvP would cause them to be even emptier than they are now.

I believe (but am certainly open to being corrected) that the intention was indirect PvP, not direct PvP. IE: Heroes are working on salvaging the zone/rooting out the malignant denizens and their entirely PvE missions are themed to that, while villains would be directly or indirectly undermining those, or just furthering their own agendas, and their entirely PvE missions would encompass those styles. It could even mean that there's zone events where heroes and villains are competing with one-another towards mutually exclusive goals, but not directly fighting one another. Hijacking a more recent addition to the game, imagine if you will a revamped version of the Goliath GM in Boomtown:

Heroes are attempting to destroy the Goliath to keep it from running rampant. At the same time, villains are working to take control of the Goliath by teleporting it to the Isles for Some Various Nefarious Purpose and have to fight through some equally difficult content to achieve their goal. They don't ever even see one another, but heroes and villains are still competing.

That's just one poorly thought out example. 

• Like 2

GM Sijin is correct, while both Heroes and Villains would coexist in these revamped Hazard Zones they would have completely different PvE storyarcs given out by different contacts working towards separate, opposite goals leading up to 2 TFs (a Hero TF and a Villain SF).

No PvP or physical confrontation involved.

GM Sijin's Goliath idea sounds awesome.

5 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

I believe (but am certainly open to being corrected) that the intention was indirect PvP, not direct PvP. IE: Heroes are working on salvaging the zone/rooting out the malignant denizens and their entirely PvE missions are themed to that, while villains would be directly or indirectly undermining those, or just furthering their own agendas, and their entirely PvE missions would encompass those styles. It could even mean that there's zone events where heroes and villains are competing with one-another towards mutually exclusive goals, but not directly fighting one another. Hijacking a more recent addition to the game, imagine if you will a revamped version of the Goliath GM in Boomtown:

Heroes are attempting to destroy the Goliath to keep it from running rampant. At the same time, villains are working to take control of the Goliath by teleporting it to the Isles for Some Various Nefarious Purpose and have to fight through some equally difficult content to achieve their goal. They don't ever even see one another, but heroes and villains are still competing.

That's just one poorly thought out example. 

If that's the case then I see no problems from a non-technical standpoint.  I just saw "Competitive zone" and thought of the PvP zones.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler