Solarverse

KB to KD in Repel (Kin) Question.

Right now I have an Sudden Acceleration in Repel. It works wonders, but it can take several attempts before it actually knocks anything down. Is there a better option to use? Does the IO from the SBB work better and have a higher chance to Proc? Are there any other options that work better?

The chance to knockdown is based on the repel power itself. Normally when it would have knocked back, now it knocks down. The only options for procs are a +100% force feedback proc and a smashing damage proc. Both do not go off constantly, but when the force feedback proc goes off, you'll notice and it makes a difference in the recharge of your higher recharge powers, like your T9. I often hit the recharge cap on my fire/kin because of it. The smashing damage proc is pretty lackluster and not worth it in my opinion, unless you have nothing else to do with the slot.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Darkir said:

The chance to knockdown is based on the repel power itself. Normally when it would have knocked back, now it knocks down. The only options for procs are a +100% force feedback proc and a smashing damage proc. Both do not go off constantly, but when the force feedback proc goes off, you'll notice and it makes a difference in the recharge of your higher recharge powers, like your T9. I often hit the recharge cap on my fire/kin because of it. The smashing damage proc is pretty lackluster and not worth it in my opinion, unless you have nothing else to do with the slot.

God deal, thanks for the info, Darkir. Much appreciated.

I'd wondered about KB-KD in Repel myself since I seem to remember the game having two distinct mechanisms, one was KB with KD just being a low mag KB while the other was a "push or repel" that simply pushed the mobs back instead of knocking them down or sending them flying.

Guardian Survivor

My DP/Kin Corrupter gets a lot of use out of Repel. I just zip into Repel range, use Fulcrum Shift, and nuke while 2/3rds of the mob turns to Swiss cheese.