KB to KD in Repel (Kin) Question.

Solarverse

On 11/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, Papaschtroumpf said:

how bad is the per hit endurance drain? Mid's doesn't seem to show it. It shows a .78/s endurance drain, so it's an expensive power to run (so is hurricane for that matter).

0.78 end/s is just the cost of running the toggle ... but you also add in 2 end/s per $Target being affected because it's -1 endurance per affected $Target every activation (which is 0.5 seconds).

So ... max targets of 16 ... if you're hitting 16 of them that means you're DRAINING AWAY -32 endurance PER SECOND until those $Targets "leave" the 9 foot PBAoE radius.

Whether or not that's "sustainable" amount of endurance cost is left as an academic exercise for the disinterested observer ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I decided to get it at 44 last night anyway, I can respec out of it. Without a KB-KD it's a load of fun but somewhere between useless and situational. I was annoying myself with how it tossed does, so I'm guessing teammates would not be amused.

I do want to try it with a KB-KD in something like an ITF ambush with Conserve power on, but it's probably not sustainable that way either. Maybe with the right Destiny that boosts recovery 600% but I don't like powers that are too situational. I'll likely grab a power from my secondary as I don't know that I want anything else from kin/, unless you guys can think of why I should be excited about Inertial Reduction? Between the prestige powers and jet packs I have never felt the need for an additional superjump-like power 

I'll likely look at Patron powers as a place to get more us out of my 40s slots.

32 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I decided to get it at 44 last night anyway, I can respec out of it. Without a KB-KD it's a load of fun but somewhere between useless and situational. I was annoying myself with how it tossed does, so I'm guessing teammates would not be amused.

I do want to try it with a KB-KD in something like an ITF ambush with Conserve power on, but it's probably not sustainable that way either. Maybe with the right Destiny that boosts recovery 600% but I don't like powers that are too situational. I'll likely grab a power from my secondary as I don't know that I want anything else from kin/, unless you guys can think of why I should be excited about Inertial Reduction? Between the prestige powers and jet packs I have never felt the need for an additional superjump-like power 

I'll likely look at Patron powers as a place to get more us out of my 40s slots.

Remember as a kin that you have transference, so even without conserve power is is sustainable. My transference is on a less than 9 second cd so you can definitely do it, but I'd only run it with conserve power or ageless. Otherwise you are spending too much time managing end and not killing things.

Note that Homecoming patched repel so that the chance for Knockback is reduced to 10% when slotted with Sudden Acceleration.  So the end drain is not as bad as it sounds.

From homecoming pre-5/16/19 patch notes:

The following powers have their chance to Knockback reduced to 10% every 0.5s (unless otherwise noted) if slotted with Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown:

·         Controller Buff / Force Field / Repulsion Field

·         Controller Buff / Kinetics / Repel

·         Controller Buff / Sonic Debuff / Sonic Repulsion

·         Corruptor Buff / Force Field / Repulsion Field

·         Corruptor Buff / Kinetics / Repel

·         Corruptor Buff / Sonic Resonance / Sonic Repulsion

·         Defender Buff / Force Field / Repulsion Field

·         Defender Buff / Kinetics / Repel

·         Defender Buff / Sonic Debuff / Sonic Repulsion

·         Epic / Force Mastery / Repulsion Field

·         Mastermind Buff / Force Field / Repulsion Field

·         Mastermind Buff / Sonic Resonance / Sonic Repulsion

·         Pets / Bonfire / Bonfire (40% every 2s)

·         Pets / Tornado / Tornado

·         Pets / Singularity / Repel (0% chance)

·         Pool / Speed / Whirlwind

Whirlwind, Repel, Repulsion Field and Sonic Repulsion (all versions) will no longer use endurance if they tick on an entity but don't apply the knockback due to the Sudden Acceleration proc. It will still consume endurance if the knockback is applied, but resisted by the entity.

I have tried slotting the KB-KD in Repulsion Field for my FF/Rad Def and I was not impressed.  To my knowledge, Repel and Repulsion Field are identical powers.  I was hoping for a portable Bonfire, but it was much less than that.  Knockdowns would only trigger every couple seconds.  Mobs would resist the knockdown about half the time.  When they resist it, they flinch a little and occasionally run out of the field.  So you end up with mobs only getting knocked down only about once every 10-15 seconds.  End drain wasn't too bad except when standing in the middle of a tightly packed group.

In the end, I decided to take the KB-KD back out.  I now use Repulsion Field as an always-on keep-away power.  End usage is not bad when there are no mobs close by.  And I can use it to chest-bump a stray that gets too close to a nearby squishie.  This does mean that I have to keep my distance from the melee folks and the mob-pack, though.  The radius is only 9 feet, so it is pretty easy to keep it out the team's way, (unlike Force Bubble, grumble, grumble.)  I never received any complaints about it.

Yeah I put the kb to kd in Repel last night and it sucks, as highlited above, the chance for KD is now minimal although the end cost in a crowd becomes manageable. I will definitely respec out of it once I figure out what I want instead. Probably another Sonic power (Siren's song?  It very useful in teams)

7 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Yeah I put the kb to kd in Repel last night and it sucks, as highlited above, the chance for KD is now minimal although the end cost in a crowd becomes manageable. I will definitely respec out of it once I figure out what I want instead. Probably another Sonic power (Siren's song?  It very useful in teams)

The power of repel with kb to kd lies more in having an FF proc in it as well so that you get a 100% recharge buff occasionally. This allows you to keep the mobs tightly packed on you while firing off your nukes at the damage cap.

Edited by Darkir