My scrapping brethren.. I need help.

Bill Z Bubba

20 minutes ago, tafilr said:

So you have two Brutes that are both Claws/SR?  Are they at least different genders?  Curious why you'd do two of the same.  

After the servers were available again, I built BZB#1 Brute on Torch. Got him to 50, relearned a bunch stuff I had forgotten, ended up with a real mess of a character. Fully functional, all T4ed, too many T4s, but then most of the folks I used to know from Pinnacle ended up on Excel.

So I cranked up BZB# 2 Scrap. Got to work on him. Then my brother decided to live on Ever... so I figured, ok, fine...

I'll do a nice clean BZB #3 Brute over there, make him perfect and clean. And he was. Then my brother, for reasons, ended up on Excel. So, I had this clean groovy brute that I still liked playing, sitting on a server that I never went to. Transferred him to Excel. Thus, BZB Scrap and BZB Brute live on Excel. And I play both. Scrap more when I solo, Brute more when I team.

A stalker was created on Ever, the tank on Indom, for no reason other than name grabbing, and I just haven't been able to delete BZB #1 from Torch cuz... well, he's the first since the rebirth.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, MunkiLord said:

Now I'm curious how many levels I can get in an hour and which of my characters would be best at that. Non farming missions of course. I was starting to get a little burned out, this may spark my interest as a new challenge.

Have any time for this testing, Munki?

Not at the moment, I'm having both ISP and motherboard issues. I'm hoping both are solved this weekend, but we'll see. 

I have a few different characters I'm curious to try though. I have DM/SR, TW/WP, and Mace/WP. Also have Elec/SD, but bosses are sooooooo slow. 

edit: I should say I can't guarantee I do. Some days my computer lets me play, others it blue screens before I can finish my market activity. Temps aren't supposed to be cold this weekend, but if it gets freezing or below, my internet drops. So hoping for new computer and new ISP soon.

Edited by MunkiLord

On 11/10/2019 at 6:48 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Thanks for the thoughts, yall. I hit the halfway mark this afternoon, so I'll just keep trucking along and running team stuff with the grind gets to be too much.

Quick update. While I'm capable of 3 lvls/hr, I wanted to come back and share the real world average.

In 8 days I've gone from 333 to 375. That's only 5.25 lvls per DAY.

Real life does interfere....

• 3 weeks later
On 11/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Another thing I'd love to know is why I used to get 4-5 purples a day doing this and over the past week or so I've dropped to 0-2/day.

I get crap for purple drops. Maybe 2 in the last few months. And of course oddball ones like the Mez dom set not Hecatomb. I have one Heca in my base and sold maybe 2 and that is all i have gotten since Homecoming booted up

23 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I get crap for purple drops. Maybe 2 in the last few months. And of course oddball ones like the Mez dom set not Hecatomb. I have one Heca in my base and sold maybe 2 and that is all i have gotten since Homecoming booted up

With converters, there's never any reason to pay too much for, or sell, purples if you need purples.  Any purple can be converted into any other purple, as long as you have enough converters.  With purples going for around 20M Inf each, that's the equivalent of 250 converters (at 80K each).  I believe that converting by rarity costs only 2 converters per attempt, so worst-case, that's 125 total attempts to get the purple you want.*  I've started sniffing around the AH for "cheap" purples, just so I can convert them.

(*: I'm at work, so I can't confirm this in game)

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer