Winter event schedule?

J-Naught

13 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

What -- you don't care for the HallowThanksgivingmas decorations going up at the start of August?   🙂

Lol there is a house about a mile from me who, I swear, owns every decoration ever created.  Every month, she/he/it has their front yard decorated for something so much so that you don't even see grass or the color of the bricks.  Its atrocious!  I still prefer that, seperate holidays, to this massive blending people do.  To each his own but I prefer my holidays one at a time (less food to cook that way lol).  

But bring on the pressies!

Edit: by every month I mean EVERY month...July is red white and blue all month, May, September, no holiday? No problem, that house decorates for....something lol

Edited by EmmySky

10 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I do prefer the radio stations wait until after thanksgiving to start christmas music (last year they started it Nov. 1) BUT I am game to open pressies EVERYDAY!

When I was living in California, I worked for an Inventory company. I've heard Christmas music before Halloween...

I'm down with Christmas music. I just prefer it to start in the month of December.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 2:31 PM, Mister Mass said:

If they follow the precedent on Live, the Winter Event will begin in mid-December & run into the first week of January.

According to the wiki, the Winter Event dates were as follows:

2004  01/12/05-02/08/05

2005  12/05/05-01/02/06

2006  12/14/06-01/02/07 & 01/08/07-01/15/07

2007  12/17/07-01/06/08

2008  12/15/08-01/04/09

2009  12/15/09-01/12/10

2010  12/17/10-01/02/11

2011  12/13/11-01/03/12

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the event runs for a full month this year.  There were always complaints that some people couldn't participate because of their holiday schedules, so a longer run time would allow more players to join in the fun.

After Thanksgiving then!  The 29th 😉

I agree with you and Tahliah though, to at least start early on the month of December with the longer event run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

I really wish the event was already active. We have 14 inches of snow on the ground outside and most of the city was closed yesterday. Would have been a great way to fix the winter blues.

Project Manager, Haphazard Projects

Founder of the L.A.U.G.H. SG

"If you don't laugh at yourself, someone else will laugh at you first!"

I asked on chat but other than a laconic 'badges' none seemed interested in answering. There are winter lords chasings, baby farms, etc, but what *are* the rewards for doing wintery stuff?

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

I asked on chat but other than a laconic 'badges' none seemed interested in answering. There are winter lords chasings, baby farms, etc, but what *are* the rewards for doing wintery stuff?

Badges. 😁

Also Candy Canes, which can buy badges, temp powers, and respecs. Possibly a few other things, too.

4 minutes ago, Roderick said:

Badges. 😁

Also Candy Canes, which can buy badges, temp powers, and respecs. Possibly a few other things, too.

The Winter's Gift recipes -- travel, travel/end, and 20% cold resistance

Opening the presents scattered around the zones can give you temp powers, too -- Build Snow Beast (a pet summons), Instant Snowstorm (creates a visual snowstorm around allies -- no combat effect, though), Duplicating Gift (to chain passing around among allies), Snowball (make and throw snowballs -- snowballs don't cause aggro, so they're fun to throw at enemies), and Mystery Gift (open for a random reward). Note that the consumable temp powers you get from the presents (Mystery Gift, Duplicating Gift, Build Snow Beast, and Instant Snowstorm) stack (before burning one each on a Posi 1 and 2, I had five Snow Beast uses), but the ones you buy with canes from the vendor don't, and if you have any of the present-awarded versions, you can't buy more from the vendor.

The Mystery Gift, when opened, randomly awards one of: Candy Cane, 250 Inf, Build Snow Beast, Snowball, or Jingle Jet. You can also get a Mystery Gift when someone gives you Holiday Cheer (purchased from the candy cane vendor).

On 11/26/2019 at 12:30 PM, Kismette said:

After Thanksgiving then!  The 29th 😉

I agree with you and Tahliah though, to at least start early on the month of December with the longer event run.

Ding-ding-ding!  We have a winner! 😄

When I logged in Friday & saw the snow in Atlas Park, I wondered why it had never occurred to me that the perfect day to start the Winter Event would be Black Friday.  Well played Kismette - well played! 😉

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!