Spectrum Internet 'Lost Connection' Issues - SOLVED

PeterDutcherJr

I am losing connection like crazy today  (Sunday).

Running Win 7 64 bit. Normally have zero issues. Dell Inspiron n5050 laptop. Updated drivers. Re-validated. I just keep on crashing. I can stay on for about a minute.

SOLUTION:

For those using Spectrum Internet, I fixed my connection issue (so far) and no longer need to use a VPN.

I use a Spectrum provided router, and cannot afford buying my own router. So here's what I did:

• I logged into my router through it's address (192.168.1.1) in a browser. There are only around 3-4 standard addresses used on Spectrum routers, so this is a publicly used address. I imagine that means you must be using your home internet to access it. Username and password are both 'Admin'.
  • Click 'Advanced'. On the left menu, click 'Admin', then click 'System'.
  • Under ' Miscellaneous ', it will have a drop down for 'Time Zone'.
    I live in Florida, which is Eastern Time Zone. Spectrum had mine set to Denver, Colorado, which is Mountain Time. I believe this was where my issue was. I clicked the drop down and scrolled down to 'American/New York', then clicked apply.
  • It reset my internet connection, however, just to be safe, I clicked 'Reboot', which is also under 'Admin'.

• On a side note, if you wish to change your router channel, you can do this my clicking 'Network' on the top left menu, then 'Wireless', then 'Radio' (on the resulting page). The channel is found under Radio Setting as ' Control Channel'
    After some research, I discovered channel 11 was the best choice, switched it and applied. It switched my to Channel 11, and my Internet speed is now stable.

Edited by PeterDutcherJr

Well, I guess I cannot play the game anymore. Four days of this issue and no end in sight. I've tried different servers, revalidated 4-5 times, updated drivers, tried 32 and 64 bit, tried safe mode. Nothing keeps me on for more than 2-3 minutes.

And this issue started just a few days ago. Up until then everything was perfect.

Okay, this is just ridiculous. As a final effort, I completely unistalled the game and Tequila. Even from the registry. Then I reinstalled it all.

The issue still remains.

Honestly, I'm a bit fed up with even trying now. Getting close to a week of only being able to log on for under 5 minutes. I have no idea what to try now.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, PeterDutcherJr said:

I am crashing like crazy today  (Sunday).

Running Win 7 64 bit. Normally have zero issues. Dell Inspiron n5050 laptop. Updated drivers. Revalidated. I just keep on crashing. I can stay on for about a minute.

When I used my laptop it did the same (win 7) (Acer), found out it was overheating, cranked the Fan Utility app up for the gfx card and it stopped it.  hope this helps.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:20 AM, Eirwen said:

When I used my laptop it did the same (win 7) (Acer), found out it was overheating, cranked the Fan Utility app up for the gfx card and it stopped it.  hope this helps.

Not my issue here. I just recently opened up the laptop and cleaned the fan. This problem started last Sunday (5 days ago) and I have not been able to play since. At this point I'm thinking of dropping the game altogether.

Edited by PeterDutcherJr

• 1 month later

make sure your .net from microsoft is updated coh still uses a lot of those files. on my test bed windows 10 pc every time i wipe and reload newest test version of windows 10 i have to reinstall the newest .net files to launch coh.

2 hours ago, microc said:

make sure your .net from microsoft is updated coh still uses a lot of those files. on my test bed windows 10 pc every time i wipe and reload newest test version of windows 10 i have to reinstall the newest .net files to launch coh.

Thanks! I will give it a try. Just timed myself in the game...5 minutes until lost connection 😞

35 minutes ago, PeterDutcherJr said:

BTW, I can sit at character select for a good long time, and no disconnects. Once I enter game, the timer starts. 5 minutes.

You've said crash, but also mentioned mapserve, these are very different things under the hood with very different solutions, can you give a little more detail on what actually happens?

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 1/5/2020 at 3:43 PM, PeterDutcherJr said:

This issue has returned...ever since the unannounced client update (again). The fixes that worked last time are no longer working. It took 3 days to fix it last time.

Frustrating.

I might actually have to get work done this week.

When you say "crash" do you mean "lost connection to mapserver"... if so the problem isn't on your end or Homecoming's its a bad ISP along the route between. The only solution that's worked solidly is to use a VPN that changes the route your data takes through the internet around the bad patch. Using New Jersey as an exit point for the VPN has provided me with absolute stability (the closest route without a VPN probably took my data to Canada through Detroit... now its probably going through Buffalo).

• Like 1