Farming Signature Heroes/Villains

sushiloving123

Last mission of Mender silos arc is good for the signature villains, defeat the 6 EBs then reset the mission.

I have heard that doing who will die part 4 in Brickstown as a hero/vig easily gets you the bloody hands badge which is is blue version of the hero slayer badge

• Like 1

Red SSA1 (Who Will Die)  part 4 in St. Martial will also get you Hero Slayer.

Both the Bricks and St. M SSA have to be set for team size of 2 to get the badge in 1 session, from 0 to 25.

To get Villain Disruptor you can farm the first mission of Khan.  IIRC, there are 4 of them.

• 10 months later
1 hour ago, Mageman said:

I haven't done the "Who Will Die" stories before. Do I have to do Episodes 1-3 to unlock Episode 4?

I am 95% certain that they are independent of one another and don't need to be unlocked by running the previous chapters in the set.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, Hedgefund said:

To get Villain Disruptor you can farm the first mission of Khan.  IIRC, there are 4 of them.

Another suggested method of earning Villain Disruptor is to repeat the first two missions from the primal Earth Provost Marchand arc called A New War. I've not run it personally but it apparently has 10 signature villains in those first two missions.

• 2 weeks later

From blue side, trying to get villain disruptor, I found that doing Provost Marchand's 2nd arc did it for me. If you look it up on the wiki, you'll see that you get 4, I think on the first mission and 7 on the second. I just reset it and redid it until I got it. 

• 1 month later

I have found the easiest way to get the Villain Disruptor badge (defeating 25 Signature Villains) is easiest to get by "bugging" a bank mission - preferably a bank mission WITHOUT an elevator to the vault in the bank (I know the bank in Peregrine Island has an elevator). You run to the bank door and as soon as you get there, enter the bank (you should get the message "The bank is being robbed" as soon as you get to the door). The Villain is entering the bank and you can defeat it - along with whatever enemy spawns with it - DON'T attack the guards in the lobby of the bank.

What happens is the bank timer starts as soon as you defeat all the enemies in the bank (and getting the "mission completed" message). Since you haven't defeated everyone in the bank, the timer never starts and the mission isn't complete. So after defeating those two (you have to defeat both otherwise the other one can continue to the vault, take the money, and you'd get a "mission failed"), run back to the mission exit, exit the mission, and reset the mission (go to your mission list and select a different mission - getting the popup asking you if you want to lose any progress in your current mission - then select the bank mission again). Now that the mission is reset, the "signature villain" will respawn next time you get to the bank entrance. Rinse and repeat as necessary until you get the badge. By doing this +2 levels to the mission (get the bank mission, make one level, set the difficulty to level -1, team size 1, and no bosses). It took me about 15 minutes to get the badge.

The reason this is more difficult in a bank mission with an elevator to the vault is that when you get the message "The bank is being robbed!" is that the villain and his/her friend spawn at the elevator in the vault area not at the entrance door to the bank lobby. This means you have to run past the guards in the lobby (without defeating them) to get to those attacking the vault door. Then you have to run past those guards again to get to the mission exit. This adds time and some difficulty to getting the badge.

Also, the reason this doesn't work for the "Hero Slayer" badge (defeating 25 signature heroes) is that the 15 minute timer starts as soon as you enter the bank mission for the first time. Then you have to run to the vault door, beat your way through the door, steal the money, then run back to the bank entrance and wait for the "hero" to come after you (for me, most of the time the hero arrives about the time I get back to the bank entrance). You have to defeat the Hero WITHOUT defeating the longbow that comes along with the hero (as defeating both get the "mission complete"). Then run back to the entrance and reset the mission. All this takes time while the timer is continuing to count down. I haven't been able to get more than about 10 heroes before the timer runs out and I get the "Mission failed." This means I have to do more Newspaper missions to get the bank mission again so I can get about 10 more heroes. So it's a lot more time-consuming to get the badge this way.

Edited by Mageman
Minor clarification
  • Like 1