Participating in your FIRST Rikti Mothership Raid (MSR) - 5 minute video guide

Oklahoman

Have you never participated in a Rikti Mothership Raid before, or has it been a few years? I made a short 5 minute video to familiarize you with the basics of participating in an MSR.

Note that your server, or even your individual raid leader, may run things slightly differently, so pay attention to League chat. Make sure to grab a jet pack (if you don't have flight) and your Double XP booster before heading out!

Also, if your character is level 35 or above, it's worth your time to visit Levantera in the base to earn the MEMBER OF VANGUARD badge. This will let you earn Vanguard Merits during the raid, which you can convert to Award Merits at a vendor or used for other items.

Be safe out there!

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later

Hello,

Good introductory video guide on the Rikti mothership raid!  I just want to point out a couple of things.

1.  You mentioned, "[...] You want to get all six done (bombs planted), because that increases the amount of time that you'll have in the bowl."  That's not entirely accurate.  If you are in a league of 24 or fewer people, you only need to plant two bombs.  If you are in a league of 25 or more people, you need to plant three bombs.  In regards to the timer, any additional bombs planted does exactly nothing.

Dropping the Rikti mothership's shield nets you ten minutes.  Planting one bomb nets you three minutes.  If you're in a league of 25 or more people, planting a second bomb nets you three more minutes.  Spawning U'Kon Gr'ai (the second or third bomb, depending on league size), nets you ten minutes.  Defeating U'Kon Gr'ai nets you five additional minutes.  So, if you're in a league of 24 or less, that's 28 minutes in the bowl.  If you're in a league of 25 or more, that's 31 minutes in the bowl.

Planting a fourth, fifth, or sixth bomb is only good for badge credit.

2. The ejection of the league from the mothership back to the Point du Hoc Vanguard compound only occurs in the zone Rikti mothership raids.  In the Rikti mothership raid trials, the Rikti just stop spawning and eventually retreat back inside the mothership when the raid ends, leaving your league all alone in the bowl.

All in all, good video guide!

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later
39 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

In recent raids I have noticed  the timer sometimes ticking up at the end.

How is that triggered?

It's caused by server lag.  The timer isn't perfect as a result, so there will normally be another twenty to thirty seconds added at the end to account for it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Just FYI - I've been experimenting with focusing on the 3 bombs on the left only - 2 teams per bomb - and ignoring the bombs on the right side. The idea being to increase our net time in the bowl itself by going as quickly as we can from SHIELDS DOWN to U'KON DOWN. We've been pretty consistent on Everlasting with this approach and are finding that the timer is often showing 32 or greater AFTER U'Kon falls. I'm not sure where that extra time is coming from, but I will try to record it next time so we can dissect.

Here's an example where we were left with 31:21 on the clock AFTER U'kon went down. We didn't have everyone on the left side like I asked, and it took us a bit longer to take down U'kon than I would have liked.

A player suggested instead of focusing on the 3 left grates to focus on the 2 at the edge of the ship plus one in the middle, leaving the 2 closest to the bowl available for characters who like to anchor stuff on the grates (we call it "Rain Deer Games" because a character named Rain Deer was the first on our server to do it).

OK, I just ran an MSR on Excelsior with the normal 6 bomb distribution, and we had just south of 32 mins after U'kon hit the ground. Still, I think the quicker you can go from Shields Down to U'kon Down, the more net time you have in the bowl.

The way that I've ran it from before sunset and now is to have everyone gather at the site of the first Pylon, buff up, and then only have one or two people from each team plant a bomb and have everyone else rush right to the bowl.  It works well.

Especially now with the instanced Rikti mothership raid trial, where everyone can get Vanguard merits while on a team no matter how far apart away they are from each other.

Edited by Apparition