Rare tanker

Tingglebells

Hello so yesterday I was playing around in character creator and I liked the idea of elec armor/energy melee and it seems pretty cool idea now the question I have is it a good combo I never really seen anyone with this combo for certain just wondering what you guys think?

will it be a good combo to run all the way with

Energy Melee has issues, no ifs or buts about it.

Regardless... you can *definitely* make it work.

It's not like it's broken to the point you couldn't do your job. It's just that virtually any other secondary will do a better job.

There may be buffs coming to Energy Melee at some point, but this is likely months away.

Elec Armor is a great, solid primary. It has strong resistances to near everything, a good heal, great endurance management, and a couple underrated extras (immunity to end drain, resistance to slows).

2 hours ago, Tingglebells said:

Hello so yesterday I was playing around in character creator and I liked the idea of elec armor/energy melee and it seems pretty cool idea now the question I have is it a good combo I never really seen anyone with this combo for certain just wondering what you guys think?

will it be a good combo to run all the way with

Well, I have an energy melee Elec armor brute.

It works pretty much the same as a tank would just with less HP and more damage basically.

Energy isn't horrible, it will still output the absolute most ST damage per click than any set in existance.  It's very slow with a weak AOE though. 

It needs a buff and I believe will fondle day get one.  So it's not a bad set to run with for now or the future.

If you want the capability to one or 2 shot some bosses energy is still the way to go albeit slowly.

The other set that has something of the feel of the old Energy Melee is Kinetic Melee.  Tried it on both tanker and scrapper, and I think it's a bit underrated.  Solid single target damage and a fast recharging PBAoE. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

15 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

The other set that has something of the feel of the old Energy Melee is Kinetic Melee.  Tried it on both tanker and scrapper, and I think it's a bit underrated.  Solid single target damage and a fast recharging PBAoE. 

Kinetic melee suffers from long feeling animations and less damage than EM.  It doesnt feel right to me, but thatd just personal preference, there really isnt anything wrong with it.

• 2 weeks later

I've always liked Electric/Fire, it was one of my mains on live.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Its rated # 136 on the power set combos in the Flavor of the Month report, but I really like my Shield Defense/Martial Arts tanker. Tough, decent AOE, looks great comboing MA attacks, and holds aggro like a champ. I never thought I'd like Shield, but I'm a convert. And Tanker MA just goes so well with it to boost Defenses/Damage. 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 11/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

In my opinion, claws is the most perfectly balanced melee attack set between ST and AoE damage output. It goes great with everything. Liked whipped cream or beer.

Agreed!!! However, never together! They go with everything separately,

*Holds whipcream in left hand and beer in right, shakes head*

Never.... Together

😢

• Haha 1