Ebil Wednesday 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yomo Kimyata

I just wanted to get that title out there.

Also, I stepped away from marketing for awhile to see someone bought out a few hundred Miracle procs.  I’m watching the higher prices with interest;  the last time I checked, the highest outstanding bid was 6mm.  I sold a few into that, but I’m more inclined to let people lift my offers a few mm higher.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Ha!  I inadvertently summoned you!

Miracle proc has always been good to me, in part due to the last 5 error that often plagues it.  Someone appears to have bought out all supply under a certain level (which was 10mm when I noticed it yesterday), which left 50-60 for sale.  It looks like 80-90 now. 

I don't offhand remember what the "normal" backlog is, but a month or two ago, the IO sold about 100-200 units a day and I think there were 300-600 for sale at any point in time.  50-100 of those were generally mine.  For a while I locked down the market and offered supply at a lower price than I was bidding.  Since I was doing it in pretty big volumes, I generally got every trade except a few that would slip through in the wee hours when my bids/offers got filled/lifted.  The pricing bug more than made up for my trading losses!

Who run Bartertown?

I did the opposite of Ebil. I had an ATO that had 60 bids, 0 for sale, and all the sale prices were around 9-12 Million. I thought, sweet, I'll just post for 5, get the highest current bid, and probably walk away close to even for the price of the super pack I got it from!

...it sold for 6 mill >=( Less after fees, of course. I would ask what would possess people to bid half of the going rate for something, except it's pretty obvious why, now!

Miracles are spiking again. Perhaps someone has bought the one I listed way to high a couple of months ago by mistake. 

I recall doing that on Live a few times Steele to similar disappointing results. It seems a fair enough idea but I learned to never list for less then i was willing to accept. 

My scheme to list silly high and patiently wait did not turn out so well. Nothing really sold. My brain had decided to let them just sit there further but my finger just started clicking and getting all of the enhancements back.   All the listing fees gone poof simply because I was sleepy. 

Not really a major setback except now I need to list them all again. The only real hardship was to my mouse button. 

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ha!  I inadvertently summoned you!

Miracle proc has always been good to me, in part due to the last 5 error that often plagues it.  Someone appears to have bought out all supply under a certain level (which was 10mm when I noticed it yesterday), which left 50-60 for sale.  It looks like 80-90 now. 

I don't offhand remember what the "normal" backlog is, but a month or two ago, the IO sold about 100-200 units a day and I think there were 300-600 for sale at any point in time.  50-100 of those were generally mine.  For a while I locked down the market and offered supply at a lower price than I was bidding.  Since I was doing it in pretty big volumes, I generally got every trade except a few that would slip through in the wee hours when my bids/offers got filled/lifted.  The pricing bug more than made up for my trading losses!

16 hours ago, Sakai said:

Miracles are spiking again. Perhaps someone has bought the one I listed way to high a couple of months ago by mistake. 

I recall doing that on Live a few times Steele to similar disappointing results. It seems a fair enough idea but I learned to never list for less then i was willing to accept. 

My scheme to list silly high and patiently wait did not turn out so well. Nothing really sold. My brain had decided to let them just sit there further but my finger just started clicking and getting all of the enhancements back.   All the listing fees gone poof simply because I was sleepy. 

Not really a major setback except now I need to list them all again. The only real hardship was to my mouse button. 

My home internet was out for a few days. I'd like to think my lack of activity Sunday through Wednesday afternoon made an impact, but I don't know.

In all honesty I dont even bother with my salvage it seems. Just fill it up on every character and dump whatever I need at 1 for the slots needed for crafting materials. 

Same thing with enhancements. I wish there was an option to turn off those drops at P2W but it's ok that there isn't. 

I wish you luck though. 

6 hours ago, 0th Power said:

Anyone want to get together and crash the price of rare salvage? 

I'm not a big fan of collusion, but the rare salvage market is a lot more fragile than you might think.  If you were to dump a couple thousand rares onto the market, you could knock the price down into the 200s.  But I'm not how long it would stay there.

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm not a big fan of collusion, but the rare salvage market is a lot more fragile than you might think.  If you were to dump a couple thousand rares onto the market, you could knock the price down into the 200s.  But I'm not how long it would stay there.

Probably not too long, but it would be fun to see for a little while

I’ve not found a way to accumulate large amounts (thousands) of rare salvage in a short period of time at a “reasonable” price.  I mean, if you want to lock in losses, it’s trivial to buy Ten thousand at 1mm a pop that would mostly come from the ceiling.  Then you could dump them.  It would cost you 10bn and you might recoup as much as 1/3 of that but probably less.

brainstorms are great, but again I’ve had troubles buying large amounts of them at “reasonable “ prices.

Who run Bartertown?