Rare salvage

Psylenz0511

The seeding was done at 1 million. Also my internet had been down for a few days, so last evening when I was finally able to log on I put out bids for 400-500 pieces of rare salvage around 502-505k each, that probably hasn't helped you. I have a ton of recipes I need to craft. 

I expect my bids to have filled by the time I get home today, but salvage has been slowly creeping up, so that may not have happened for me either. 

As of this very moment:

Last 5 are:

16,461 bidding

9,985,226 for sale

Based on that last 5, I'd guess that the highest outstanding bid is 555,555.  Tested it by selling one piece of salvage at 5 inf.  Yup, 555,555.

What surprised me is where the lowest outstanding offer is.  I bid 600,000 and nothing.  I bid 650,000 and bought 50.  I stopped there.  (I should have bid crept for finer resolution.)  I honestly didn't expect to be able to buy 50 at that level, but that tells me the profit motive is working.  Normally you can buy (over time) some pretty good bulk at around 500k.  If you do that and are able to sell at 650k, that's 850k profit on a block of 10.  I'd probably work for that if I had the time and inclination.  Normally, I don't find a block of 50 or more offered until the 700 level or so. 

I'd also note that originally there were 10mm for sale at 1mm a pop, which was the initial seeding.  This tells me that since launch, there has been a slightly more agggregate demand for rare salvage than supply.  Contrast to common salvage, which has 10,521,049 for sale; this tells me that there is more supply than demand.  Probably a lot more, since who knows how much common salvage has been vendored.

Who run Bartertown?