Why isn't this macro working?

JoeMage

32 minutes ago, JoeMage said:

I changed it to:  /macro fly "cce 1 CCMurderOfCrows$$powexectoggleon fly"

But it still doesn't work. Is sorcery fly (as opposed to regular fly) maybe called something else?

Yes, its called "mystic flight".  It's a totally different power, so you need to use the right name.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Omega-202 said:

Yes, its called "mystic flight".  It's a totally different power, so you need to use the right name.

Or you can make it more generic:

/macro fly "cce 1 CCMurderOfCrows$$powexectoggleon Fly$$powexectoggleon Mystic Flight"

That way, it doesn't matter whether you have the Flight or Sorcery pool, it will toggle the correct movement power. I have a set of standard binds that I load for all of my characters that has commands like this, where a functionally-identical power exists in two different sets -- Fly and Mystic Flight, Super Jump and Mighty Leap, Teleport and Translocation -- so that I can have a common bind that functions for each pair regardless of which of a pair the character actually has.

Another trick that I use for low-level characters is to make a bind that toggles on Sprint and Ninja Run:

/bind ctrl+L "powexectoggleon Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Sprint"

Now you might think "this activates two powers, so it won't work". And that's true, it does activate two powers. But they're toggles -- you press ctrl-L once, it turns Sprint on; press it again, it turns Ninja Run on, as well. Once Sprint is on, the bind falls through to the next functional command. Now, you can turn off as many toggles as you want with one command:

/bind shift+L "powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Sprint"

Pressing ctrl-L once turns off both Ninja Run and Sprint.

Edited by srmalloy