Jerk hackin’

0th Power

2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

It's mostly long forgotten now...  But the early attempts to create a replacement for OG CoX were...  Well, riddled with spectacular explosions and implosions.  There was a ton of disagreement on practically every facet of every revival effort.  Just keeping track, let alone trying to understand them, of the various efforts and schisms was practically a full time job.

I can well enough imagine.

1 hour ago, Jeneki said:

Related to the screenshot of the Justice forum: When did UniqueDragon get to 20 posts?  I remember him having only 1 post for such a long time.

He came back right before the game shut down. He was shocked at how many replies he had gotten. Funny thing is, I had prophesied his return. 

😄

Odd thing is though, I could have sworn he made that post on Freedom server. I didn't recall it being Justice.

Edited by Solarverse

16 hours ago, Solarverse said:

But the early attempts to create a replacement for OG CoX were...  Well, riddled with spectacular explosions and implosions

It seems that a lot of the current projects are limping along as well. As much as these forums have proven, there are many different opinions of what makes CoH good, and what we would change given the opportunity, I believe it to be nearly impossible to create a spiritual successor that the majority will be happy with. We have endless arguments just about how the team dynamic should function, Imagine trying to create a game from scratch. I hated the open instance format in Champions, and the lack of Structure to the power selection, and that almost everything good was behind a paywall. I applaud their tenacity, but will be surprised if any of them get to completion.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

It seems that a lot of the current projects are limping along as well. As much as these forums have proven, there are many different opinions of what makes CoH good, and what we would change given the opportunity, I believe it to be nearly impossible to create a spiritual successor that the majority will be happy with.

I also think a lot of people vastly underestimated the amount of time and effort it would take to create a new game from scratch.  There were multiple confident predictions that we'd all be back in a new (spiritual successor) within a year.

Here we are seven years later, and the biggest effort with the most sustained support...  Is only just now releasing a beta of the costume creator.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

20 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

Oh, yeah. The cult of UniqueDragon. He was rather surprised at that...

Why does that tempt me to make "GenericDragon", a loudmouth Sonic character?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Here we are seven years later, and the biggest effort with the most sustained support...  Is only just now releasing a beta of the costume creator.

Not true, Ship of Heroes just had Beta testing that went far beyond costume designing. Ship of Heroes looks most promising.