Tell us. What's your favorite Scrapper combo?

Crowcus Pocus

My freshly 50’d and IO’d to the gods DM/Ice Armor/Fire scrapper. she is a freaking BEAST, even without incarnates unlocked!! i was able to fill the psi hole in ice, and having icicles to use as a proc mule for Critical Strikes is excellent. one round of soul drain + fire ball is enough to kill the majority of the mobs i face. even dark consumption has turned into a small aoe nuke with procs as i don’t need it for endurance management. the crits are massive and sustain is better than i expected.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Claws is my favorite primary by far. Right now though I'm liking claws electric. I enjoyed leveling up Claws/Energy Aura, but at 50 it feels.. boring, kine of like Claws/Willpower. 

I haven't done anything with claws/dark yet, but back on live I had a claws / dark so I'll probably reroll that at some point. I also want to try claws / fire, and claws / bio at some point. 

Edit:

So currently claws/electric is destroying all my other claws combos in the fun zone. Claws /energy, dark armor, invuln, fire, ninjitsu, willpower. Are all great in their own way bit man claws / electric is just speshul.  I will for sure be stripping the 500mil or so in IOS I have on my main scrapper and giving them to this guy at 50. 

And I actually rerolled my claws /da to a da/claws tanker cause it just seems to fit better for a tanker IMO. 

Srsly, try a claws electric scrapper. 

Edited by Rokkeb

i think it's difficult to compare many of the old/launch sets with the newer ones, but Kat/Reg is where i have the most hours, most incredible moments, & best memories since 2004. one of my most tweaked builds over time too... so many nerfs, lol. but also so many comebacks & learned mechanics from trying to overcome the nerfs & outlive much newer/better sets. all the upset wins in Siren's FightClubs on HOs before IOs (go ahead & judge me, lol, it was fun), & all the "that's a Regen?!? WTF!!!" tells after we got to eliminate visual effects of powers - great shit!

Jinsoku Subeta has been recently reborn as TW/Rad, because i just can't be bothered yet to recreate the magic again. tho, maybe...

Originally, I was going to recreate the highest scrapper I ever had on live - I got Elec/Regen up to level 33. It was a ton of fun, but I created it before Kinetic melee was live and thematically KM felt like a better fit.

So when I fired up homecoming I planned to reroll as a Kinetic/Regen. Spur of the moment I decided “let’s try something different,” and chose instead EA as my secondary.

I am loving Kinetic/Energy Aura. It’s so different from what I had planned but it’s such a blast. Only at level 22 so far, and my only gripe is it feels kind of end starved. I struggled a bit with that while finishing up the last Agent G Faultline mission last night.

Otherwise, what a total ball I’m having!

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

8 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Once you get energize and energy drain you'll forgot all about your endurance issues.

Ooo and looking it up I see those powers are the next two to become available to me (28 and 35, respectively). I’m definitely looking forward to that. It’ll be a major help.

• Like 2

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

On 11/16/2019 at 12:25 PM, Falsey said:

I am yet to find a Scrapper that I loved as much as my Claws/SR or DB/Invul back on live.

I've rolled a TW/Bio. It's stronk, but I hate how OP and popular it is. I'll probably never touch it again, even though it has full T4 incarnates.

I have also thought of bringing the classic Claws/Regen back to life, but it's way too clicky for my taste. /Shield bores the heck out of me, /FA is kind of reserved for a F^3 Tank (and I already got the Brute, so I'm done with FA for a while).

In the end, I know I will end up recreating my favorite combos. I was just thinking of what else could I find fun that would make me want to play it for long enough.

How about you? Which combo keeps you on full scrapperlock mode?

Think Fire/SD and second was DB/EA though I been thinking of trying  the db.inv

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

Personal favorite is the dark melee/dark armor. It is a bit squishy, a bit endurance heavy, a bit lacking in AoE, and soft controls have been nerfed to oblivion; however it is just fun to run and gun. The PBAoE damage and endurance boosts beg for large spawns to jump into and start swinging. Loads of fun to target switch and swing away. While running SO enhancements, cloak of fear usually doesn’t hit until you fire soul drain. I like the Idea of gaining max Damage boost and THEN they all start getting scared. 😂

Edited by Ruby Rocket
  • Haha 1

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

On live I was a Inv/SS Tank since beta. I loved tanking but since this game has  changed I spent a year looking for my next main and have over 12 50's with well over 30 other alts.  In dec I created a Spine/Ice scrapper and I never felt more at home. I can tank, I can farm I can do everything its got to be the most balanced I have ever felt and I hated spines on live because of all the farmers. It's the only toon I have actually started to fully gear out.   You  know what the coolest thing is? You have to play a scrapper to experience it. A stalker does not have icicles  and Tanks and Brutes don't have the T9 bastion.   So you can only play this combo on a scrapper which makes it even cooler in my eyes.  Btw spines and icicles together  on your character looks awesome. I even made a Ice exemplar farm for it 21522 (might change the npc so the number might change but its called  Frosties Ice exemplar so u cant miss it). 

For the short run down spine/Ice is awesome because they both slow and -rech , chilling embrace slows them so they will never escape Quills and Icicles. The bad is all that auto auras  attracts allot of npc  aggro which is fun 90% of the time but when against psi damage  in a group and your aggro is stronger than everyone else it can hurt. Beside the psi hole before gear,  its amazing and so balanced I feel like a Tank that does some crazy damage.

Pros

Great Aoe

Great Survivability

Can get 2 T9 if u want to in Hibernate and Bastion

double stacking secondary effects of slows and -rech

Cons

Lots of Toggles

Very End hungry

Psi hole until geared

Single target damage is Avrg

expensive build

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Penitentes: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17)
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(11), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 4: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 8: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hoarfrost -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), Prv-Heal(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam(39), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), Ksm-ToHit+(43), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 16: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 18: Quills -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Energy Absorption -- GifoftheA-Run+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(21), GifoftheA-EndRdx/Rchg(21), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 26: Ripper -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(45)
Level 28: Permafrost -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Throw Spines -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(34)
Level 35: Icicles -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(36), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37)
Level 38: Icy Bastion -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-Psi/Status(39)
Level 41: Water Spout -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(42), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(42), JvlVll-Dam/Rech(43), JvlVll-Dam/End/Rech(46)
Level 44: Impale -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Hibernate -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Cryonic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
------------

Best of luck but if you are looking for a balanced character with massive survivability I would try a Spine/Ice.  

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Thanks 1

For me my favorite ever scrapper is my MA/SR

• Martial Arts: Very straight forward set. Nice animations, and very solid ST damage
  • Super Reflexes: Nothing to enjoy about it per say (but i do like the look of the toggles when running at super speed). Sometimes its a hinderance (Quartz, Observeers etc) but sometimes the DDR makes you a GOD (aka ITF runs)

Mostly it was the "theme" and the costume of the toon that made me love it then and love it now

On 1/19/2020 at 7:13 AM, TungstenShark said:

I will give you the other points, but how in the world can you say Dark Armor is "squishy?" Wow. Are Scrappers "squishier" than Tankers or Brutes? Yes. Is DA a squishy set on Scrappers? No. Unequivocally no.

Of the resistance sets, DA has less resistance with very little defense to make up for it.  It relies on heals and soft controls to aid in survivability.  Nobody mentioned Tanks or Brutes.  Of the resistance sets within the Scrapper secondary sets, it has very little Defense, to make up for the 8% plus lower native resistance in most all categories.  Without IO'ing the set out, it is "squishier" than most of the sets.

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

I started a Titan Weapons / Ninjitsu a couple days ago, currently at level 31. I've tried TW with Ice, Willpower, and maybe a couple other armors except Bio. I just can't get into Bio.

It's fun with /nin. Particularly since the hide lets you auto crit on your first attack! That comes in super handy when jumping into new spawns.

Just need a little more recharge so the +end power recharges a little quicker, and more slots for +Def bonuses.