[Proposal] UNGIMPING basic Peacebringer design game mechanics

Also, knockback is the single best form of CC in the game. Mobs can't kill players when they're being chucked 50 feet through the air on loop.

I'd ask you to marry me, but I'm already married, so....

I'm out.

PBs are actually disgustingly good at their job, no changes necessary.

Also, knockback is the single best form of CC in the game. Mobs can't kill players when they're being chucked 50 feet through the air on loop.

QTF

I get why it can be a pain for team mates - usually a grumpy scrapper for some reason, still it can be managed.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I would happily accept Kheldian knockback being reduced to KnockDOWN on some of their attacks. But.

There are only a handful of characters in this game that can enjoy the satisfying level of flinging their enemies across the battlefield with big hard-striking attacks. It's also something many players push to remove from the game, entirely, due to the frustration it causes them.

To me, there is very little in this game that feels more dramatic than a permahastened perma-lightform Peacebringer throwing big and wild knockbacks into a group of enemies and watching them flail through the air, helplessly ragdolling, before the sheer power being used against them crushed them against a wall in a useless pile.

One of my most important characters was a Peacebringer. And without that raw sense of power, she would not have felt half as impressive.

And no. KnockUP would not replicate that feeling. If anything it'd look freaking weird. Yeah, Warshades do a lot of gravity style control stuff 'cause it's what they're meant to evoke. Peacebringers aren't their "Opposite", it's not a binary. And smashing you in the face with a big rising double-fisted overhead strike should not cause you to spontaneously leap up to smash your face to the ceiling.

There is absolutely nothing more satisfying than activating Crowd Control on a pack of -1 enemies and yeeting a dozen shmucks into the shadow realm with a single swing of my mace.

If knockback really upsets you so much, then play a blaster.

And smashing you in the face with a big rising double-fisted overhead strike should not cause you to spontaneously leap up to smash your face to the ceiling.

Use Air Superiority on a -10 (or better yet, -49) mob sometime.

Tell me where the overhead strike of Air Superiority sends them.

Go on ... take your time ... I'm in no rush.

NegativeDistantBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

And smashing you in the face with a big rising double-fisted overhead strike should not cause you to spontaneously leap up to smash your face to the ceiling.

Your sarcastic memeing is not conducive to continued constructive discussion.

Air Superiority's function is to be used in the air on a flying opponent and send them crashing to the ground. The mechanical Kludge used in the beginning of the game was a knock power and people loved it so they never changed it. Yes. Due to the limitation of the game's engine this results in hilarious consequences when used against significantly weaker opponents who are standing on solid ground.

But used in the air it still just drops them from flight like ragdolls, no matter how large your level-disparity is.

I wondered how long till the old anti KB threads began again. Look OP, this may surprise you but alot of players enjoy knocking their foes back a good distance. Alot of us like to ahve to constantly and dynamically move in combat rather then sit there and pound.

I personally would never touch my PBs( have 2 already both human form, one a iron man style build the other a kryptonian build) again if they nerfed knockback to knockdown or knockup.

Knocking enemies around is one of those things that really add the sense of impact and and real power to a build meant to be super strong. Ive no issue with sets like MA and SJ being more KD centric as they are not meant to be connected purely to physical might. But kheldians are energy melee in concept. they are releasing loads of it with every attack.

And I personally think some universal change or even an option would ruin them, as yes obviously keeping foes on their ass up close is very formidable CC.

There are loads of power sets through out the ATs. even if you just really want to play as a kheldian doesnt mean it should be some 1 size fits all AT.

Id suggest just using auras and the power sets you prefer to play as a different kind of kheldian.

And seriously it doesnt hurt teaming. Back in the old days of virtue and now, most people Ive run with have no issue with abit of chaos from aggroing another group etc, its half the fun.

You META players need to stop trying to make everything all about optimal game play and more about active fun.

Air Superiority's function is to be used in the air on a flying opponent and send them crashing to the ground. The mechanical Kludge used in the beginning of the game was a knock power and people loved it so they never changed it. Yes. Due to the limitation of the game's engine this results in hilarious consequences when used against significantly weaker opponents who are standing on solid ground.

But used in the air it still just drops them from flight like ragdolls, no matter how large your level-disparity is.

ngl, the idea of slam-dunking a dude so hard into the ground they ricochet 50 feet back into the air is goddamn hilarious

I would happily accept Kheldian knockback being reduced to KnockDOWN on some of their attacks. But.

There are only a handful of characters in this game that can enjoy the satisfying level of flinging their enemies across the battlefield with big hard-striking attacks. It's also something many players push to remove from the game, entirely, due to the frustration it causes them.

To me, there is very little in this game that feels more dramatic than a permahastened perma-lightform Peacebringer throwing big and wild knockbacks into a group of enemies and watching them flail through the air, helplessly ragdolling, before the sheer power being used against them crushed them against a wall in a useless pile.

One of my most important characters was a Peacebringer. And without that raw sense of power, she would not have felt half as impressive.

And no. KnockUP would not replicate that feeling. If anything it'd look freaking weird. Yeah, Warshades do a lot of gravity style control stuff 'cause it's what they're meant to evoke. Peacebringers aren't their "Opposite", it's not a binary. And smashing you in the face with a big rising double-fisted overhead strike should not cause you to spontaneously leap up to smash your face to the ceiling.

Welcome Home, Steamy.

I'm out.

Welcome Home, Steamy.

Thank you!

Your mind is closed.

Thank you for making that clear.

Ahhh, yes. By declaring that I am closed minded in response to your disrespectful discourse you reject my position without having to discuss or refute the particulars of it while presenting yourself as the egalitarian party who has tried to present reason and been met with stonewalling foolishness.

It's remarkably common for women to be shut down like that. Presented as unreasonable or illogical. Didn't expect it to be my second post on the forum that caught -that- particular reaction.

Not liking people using Sarcasm to talk down to you in an example of classic infantilization is close mindedness, you heard it here, first, folks!

Ahhh, yes. By declaring that I am closed minded in response to your disrespectful discourse you reject my position without having to discuss or refute the particulars of it while presenting yourself as the egalitarian party who has tried to present reason and been met with stonewalling foolishness.

It's remarkably common for women to be shut down like that. Presented as unreasonable or illogical. Didn't expect it to be my second post on the forum that caught -that- particular reaction.

Not liking people using Sarcasm to talk down to you in an example of classic infantilization is close mindedness, you heard it here, first, folks!

>sarcasm is bad and sexist

>let me demonstrate this by being sarcastic

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Your mind is closed.

They say "should not", not "does not". That Air Superiority functions the way it does isn't a contradiction of the claim that it "should not" function the way that it does.

So when presented with a counterFACTual example of something that has been in the game unchanged since Issue 0, something that you can even go TEST if you don't want to take my word for it ... you cry insult and play the victim card as hard and as loudly as you can at the very first opportunity.

Oh, and being female has nothing to do with the facts or the case or the arguments being presented.

But you're right ... we heard you here, first.

What did you hear?

IifneyR.gif

So when presented with a counterFACTual example of something that has been in the game unchanged since Issue 0, something that you can even go TEST if you don't want to take my word for it ... you cry insult and play the victim card as hard and as loudly as you can at the very first opportunity.

Oh, and being female has nothing to do with the facts or the case or the arguments being presented.

But you're right ... we heard you here, first.

What did you hear?

Again, factually, they said that something like overhead strikes "should not" cause knockup. If you're going to be rude about being the supreme factmaster, you could at least show that you read and understood the actual words people have used.

PBs are actually disgustingly good at their job, no changes necessary.

No, it's not, it's the single worst CC in the game, mobs can still fire off attacks while they're flying/getting up due to how the game works. It causes other players to be disrupted, and diminishes the effectiveness of ground placed AOEs. It's garbage and you should feel bad for using it. The small amount of instances of it being useful for herding, are better serviced by repel powers, and the small amount of players who know how to use it properly is not worth the aggrevation of the horde of morons who use it thoughtlessly.

I have learned two things from reading this thread.

1: People are argumentative and want the world to see how well they can argue and desire the throne of argument.

2: No matter what change you ask for, somebody is going to be rude in their response, soliciting an argument. Reason for this? See #1.

This is why I prefer options over change. If people want to argue an option being added to the game with me, they can pucker up and kiss my behind. ;)

Welcome Home, Steamy.

Thank you!

Your mind is closed.

This screams, "My opinion is valid because of what's between my legs instead of any merit of my argument". Your opinion was dismissed on the internet because it had no merit, no one is aware of your gender, you're not discriminated against as such. Please leave your politics at the door.

No, it's not, it's the single worst CC in the game, mobs can still fire off attacks while they're flying/getting up due to how the game works. It causes other players to be disrupted, and diminishes the effectiveness of ground placed AOEs. It's garbage and you should feel bad for using it. The small amount of instances of it being useful for herding, are better serviced by repel powers, and the small amount of players who know how to use it properly is not worth the aggrevation of the horde of morons who use it thoughtlessly.

i think you're just wrong mate

Maybe it is time we all agree KB can be a contentious topic - like some real world ones, and either all agree to best manors or drop the subject.

We have ppl on the keep it as it is and change it now band wagons that are not going to change their minds. Lets find a way to enjoy the game the way it is flaws (as we perceive them) and all.

We just got back to our personal Oz and are all headed to the emerald city ( go with the analogy ) lets not set the Scarecrow on fire while selling the Tin Man for scrap.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Maybe it is time we all agree KB can be a contentious topic - like some real world ones, and either all agree to best manors or drop the subject.

We have ppl on the keep it as it is and change it now band wagons that are not going to change their minds. Lets find a way to enjoy the game the way it is flaws (as we perceive them) and all.

We just got back to our personal Oz and are all headed to the emerald city ( go with the analogy ) lets not set the Scarecrow on fire while selling the Tin Man for scrap.

This is the forums, where even things that you think EVERYONE in game agrees with, you find forum posters who disagree. Nothing you can say on these forums in form of suggestion will go unchallenged. You need to remember, forum posters represent the minority of players (most people do not post the forums, nor do they want anything to do with them. Forums can be too toxic for most people) and most vocal. Most people just want to play the game and are turned off by the politics of forums. They might have tried posting once, then seen how things are played out on the forums and they said to hell with that and stopped making posts. What scares me most, is our game will change based off these very same posters who have a tendency to belittle anyone with an idea or wish for a change. Which is why I truly believe that no suggestion that relates to mechanics of powers should ever pass unless it is in the form of an option, since the majority of players don't even know these changes are being requested. Options are where it's at. I think everyone can at least agree that options are always going to be preferable than a down right change. At least with an option, you can play the game the way you want to play it, not the way the vocal minority wants you to play it.

Hey, if we can get a Null the Gull ==> OPTION <== for Peacebringers to choose between Knockback on powers (original default) or KnockUP on powers (alternative requires selection) then I think everyone can be happy.

giphy.gif

Well ... okay ... a lot of us can be happy, because you can't please everyone ...

IifneyR.gif

Hey, if we can get a Null the Gull ==> OPTION <== for Peacebringers to choose between Knockback on powers (original default) or KnockUP on powers (alternative requires selection) then I think everyone can be happy.

giphy.gif

Well ... okay ... a lot of us can be happy, because you can't please everyone ...

I guess I would be one of those not please. I prefer knockdown.

giphy.gif

An option to tone down KB on your powers would be sweet for those who care about it.

That said, I still have always felt that knockback should carry more punch. Knockdown/Up is objectively better on comparable powers, except knockback is often associated with raw force as mentioned in this thread. If powers with KB naturally did more damage, or if knock back caused bonus damage when it occurred that would make it a bit more tolerable in teams with... let's say fresh players, but also just more fun to see you *smack* an enemy into a wall and knock them out that way.

This of course tho comes with the caveat that turning off KB would lower the damage bonus a bit.