Best secondary for a Brute with Duel Blades

grimghost2024

While it's pretty difficult to make a recommendation for an armor powerset without having an understanding of what you want the build to do. So with that in understanding here's a few options.

Stone Armor. You get to be an unstoppable chunk of sidewalk swirling swords around.

Ice Armor. You get to be a walking popsicle swirling around swords.

Regen Armor. You get to be a watered down version of Deadpool swirling swords around.

Fire Armor. You immolate yourself and run around swirling swords, then you die, and do it again.

Elec Armor. You charge yourself via USB port, and then start swirling swords around.

Dark Armor. You hide in the shadows and swirl swords around.

Super Reflexes. You swirl swords around, but you dodge the blades.

Willpower. You swirl swords around.

Invuln. You swirl swords around, hit yourself but don't get hurt.

Energy Armor. You swirl swords around and would hit yourself but you realize you have a quasi force field slowing your swords down.

Radiation Armor. You glow in the dark and swirl swords around.

Bio Armor. You have tumor growths, and swirl swords around.

Shield Defense. You don't have three arms, so you don't get to swirl swords around.

Realistically, if you have more of a direction of what you want to do with the character we can give you more specific info.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

I had a db/invuln scrapper on live that I loved. A brute would have more hp and would be even tougher. Saying that though dual blades does love recharge and hates interruptions (not a big issue if your not using combos) so anything that doesn't get in the way of that  (such as wp as mentioned above) is beneficial.

18 hours ago, grimghost2024 said:

Hi 

Looking for recommendations on a secondary for brute I am building with Duel Blades.  Thanks for any help with this.

Personally, I've been enjoying bio armor or radiation armor on my brutes - the simple reason is because you get some powerful +recovery buffs early on in both sets, so you can keep going-and-going-and-going, with little to no downtime.  Willpower and regeneration do get quick recovery, and while willpower can be quite good, I find that their other powers are somewhat lackluster, (but that's just my opinion).  Cheers!

• 9 months later
On 11/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

While it's pretty difficult to make a recommendation for an armor powerset without having an understanding of what you want the build to do. So with that in understanding here's a few options.

Stone Armor. You get to be an unstoppable chunk of sidewalk swirling swords around.

Ice Armor. You get to be a walking popsicle swirling around swords.

Regen Armor. You get to be a watered down version of Deadpool swirling swords around.

Fire Armor. You immolate yourself and run around swirling swords, then you die, and do it again.

Elec Armor. You charge yourself via USB port, and then start swirling swords around.

Dark Armor. You hide in the shadows and swirl swords around.

Super Reflexes. You swirl swords around, but you dodge the blades.

Willpower. You swirl swords around.

Invuln. You swirl swords around, hit yourself but don't get hurt.

Energy Armor. You swirl swords around and would hit yourself but you realize you have a quasi force field slowing your swords down.

Radiation Armor. You glow in the dark and swirl swords around.

Bio Armor. You have tumor growths, and swirl swords around.

Shield Defense. You don't have three arms, so you don't get to swirl swords around.

Realistically, if you have more of a direction of what you want to do with the character we can give you more specific info.

i know this has nothing to do with the ops question  but i have to say this is the best damn discription of the armor powers i have ever seen!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Damn this post is reeeaaalll old.  But if I could add some opinion.  Don't sleep on DB/Fire.  Sure it gives you some bad defenses and redraws mess with your attack chains (if you leave them on) but the offensive bonuses are well worth it, especially for a Brute with high Fury.  While i'm speaking more from Tanker experience, Firey Embrace will provide a massive damage increase and Burn is always handy as an extra PBAoE for cutting down crowds.  Things won't kill you if you kill them first, and when you're swinging your swords as a hot knife through buttery enemies they won't last long enough to do any significant damage.

Add some KB procs to your AoE powers too.  Avalance in Typhoon's Edge and Overwhelming Force in Sweeping Strike will also make a lot of crowds unable to fight back since they'll be on their asses even if you mess up the Sweep combo.  Also the Ragnarok KD proc in the Targeted AoE of your choosing from your APP/PPP if you so choose.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.