Solo all Blueside Archetype

Snarky

Was doing some kill all’s in Atlas I am level 4 and the mission has level 5 minions thankfully no bosses. Vahzilok groups of 3-5 and was challenging. I could not pull this off on a squishy. I know there are peeps who can but I drive heavy and somewhat clumsy

On 11/20/2019 at 6:49 AM, Snarky said:

For myself I have chosen a Brute for this task.  I almost went Stalker.

This would be my recommendation.

Stalker if you want a different archetype. Insta-assassin strike and insta-hide put it above other choices for your stated use.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

Ill/Cold, bro.

Seriously.

Is a very strong choice ... eventually. You are going to spend a huge amount of time locked at low levels without many powers and certainly without decent slotting doing this kind of playthrough. My primary requirement for a suitable toon was something that is good out of the gate - hence stalkers who get their most fundamental trick at lv1 and can have an attack chain of sorts by lv4. I did look through the various 'can solo GM's' options to try to find a toon that could do everything but the two things seem incompatible given how late those sorts of toons mature. Also as mentioned above the lack of mez protection on anything squishy would become an issue eventually - no picking and choosing to avoid mez heavy enemies when you are doing every mission in the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Was doing some kill all’s in Atlas I am level 4 and the mission has level 5 minions thankfully no bosses. Vahzilok groups of 3-5 and was challenging. I could not pull this off on a squishy. I know there are peeps who can but I drive heavy and somewhat clumsy

Those groups of 4 embalmed cadavers can be brutal on a low level melee toon. Thankfully their perception is so low you can usually separate them out with a little pulling if you need to.

I remember now about some of the toughest spots soloing everything. There is at least one mission Redside where you face Valkyrie as an EB. You drop her. She fezzes. With a 5 min tier 9 on.   On a Brute I stand and tell her off color jokes until it drops. Not sure what a squishy could do

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

I remember now about some of the toughest spots soloing everything. There is at least one mission Redside where you face Valkyrie as an EB. You drop her. She fezzes. With a 5 min tier 9 on.   On a Brute I stand and tell her off color jokes until it drops. Not sure what a squishy could do

Hit her with pure psi damage? Barring that, if my defense is high enough I'll usually just stand there /em waiting. It's a great all-purpose emote. You can use /em kata and have almost as much effect.

Realistically, though, a non-IO'd squishy would probably just leave the room and come back later, since you lose aggro after a bit of distance.

My project is doing good. Almost done with 5-9 content. I need to run 3 radios and a bank. Then double check all my contacts but I believe that is done. Will continue in the Hollows for the first part of 10-14 then I think Skyway has a to of unlocked contacts.  Will be nice to have the 4 day weekend to work on this. If I can grind past 30 I am hoping it will pick up speed. We will see

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

My project is doing good. Almost done with 5-9 content. I need to run 3 radios and a bank. Then double check all my contacts but I believe that is done. Will continue in the Hollows for the first part of 10-14 then I think Skyway has a to of unlocked contacts.  Will be nice to have the 4 day weekend to work on this. If I can grind past 30 I am hoping it will pick up speed. We will see

I've stalled already (lv19). The problem as ever is trying to stay focused on one idea although the chain of thought that has led me astray is a reasonable one.

The thing is I don't have a proper main and I desperately want one. I have raging altitis (nearly 50 alts so far) and feel pretty much anonymous in game because people only get to team with me once or twice on one character before I'm off playing something else. I've reached 50 on a couple of them but they get benched almost immediately in favour of playing something new.

So I have been running my little stalker through all the content for this challenge and she is cool and all but is not main material. I got into the habit of collecting badges along the way which seemed to make sense as I also don't have a badger but then I thought surely it would make more sense to do all this on a main and badge with that - all in one place so to speak. The final straw came when I did a tf on an alt and the guy organising it was vet level 170 odd and had about a million badges. It reminded me how much I'd like to have a proper main and so I'm now dusting off a brute I started for that very purpose a while ago.

I doubt I'm going to start him again though so I'm going to have to settle for the lesser prize of doing all the flashback missions and arcs. To be honest the thing with the way the contacts work blueside had put me off a bit anyway - the feeling of completeness wasn't quite there for me knowing there were loads of contacts I hadn't been able to talk to. Also, one of the ones I had talked to had run out of missions while his green bar was still not full - not what I was hoping for in my inactive contacts roster.

Good luck with your quest though - hope you get further than I did!

I have found the solo king among my alts is the ill./rad. controller. However, my only lvl 50 brutes are farmers, so they are not built to solo real content.

With perma Phantom Army (or even nearly so) as well as toggle debuffs to lower enemy defense, resistance and a click to lower regen I cannot think of a mission I can not solo with him.

• Like 1