Fire/Time/Dark, the ultimate DPS/Support/Tank hybrid

Auroxis

I mean the Incarnate Hybrid Slot ability. There's "Melee Radial Embodiment" which gives scaling +Regen, +def and +CC protection per nearby enemy. It's not a permanent buff and has a 2 minutes uptime and a 2 minutes cooldown.

Acrobatics isn't really CC protection, it only gives mag 2 hold protection and some resistance. So in most cases you'll still get held, just for a slightly shorter period of time.

Thanks! I'm doing some of the endgame content for the first time, so I don't know all the lingo.

I mean the Incarnate Hybrid Slot ability. There's "Melee Radial Embodiment" which gives scaling +Regen, +def and +CC protection per nearby enemy. It's not a permanent buff and has a 2 minutes uptime and a 2 minutes cooldown.

Acrobatics isn't really CC protection, it only gives mag 2 hold protection and some resistance. So in most cases you'll still get held, just for a slightly shorter period of time.

I think you'd want Hybrid Melee Core, which grants resistance instead of defense.  You could alternate that with Rune of Protection which can not be up 100% of the time.

1. How well does this deal with AVs. I assume slower than Rad, but how much slower?

2. Why so much investment in ally buffing powers if we're gonna be soloing so much?

I guess Lore Pets is the easy answer to both of those questions, but truly we aren't investing that much into ally buffing powers (only two of them cannot buff us, spirit ward and temporal selection) nor are we gonna be soloing so much. Soloing is just another thing this build does really well.

1. How well does this deal with AVs. I assume slower than Rad, but how much slower?

2. Why so much investment in ally buffing powers if we're gonna be soloing so much?

I guess Lore Pets is the easy answer to both of those questions, but truly we aren't investing that much into ally buffing powers (only two of them cannot buff us, spirit ward and temporal selection) nor are we gonna be soloing so much. Soloing is just another thing this build does really well.

Cimeroran Lore pets have -regen I take it?

Cimeroran Lore pets have -regen I take it?

Cimerorans don't have -regen but they have the highest DPS. I think Warworks have a lot of DPS and some -regen so they're also a good option.

Thanks for this build. I just finished building the below which has a few changes, mostly just more AoE defense. I get ~21.6% defense from a Clarion + Farsight so I wanted to build around 24% M/R/A to keep it up to 45% permanently without relying on Support Hybrid and not giving up the perma Soul Drain. I found this power combo to have some serious bang for your buck, people are always surprised at how fast it kills things while staying alive. I'm considering dropping Temporal Selection for Super Speed since I have a bad habit of not buffing teammates and I went without the Panacea set as the recharge wasn't needed. I also think Fire Blast with Apocalypse is working better in the single target rotation, it also doesn't need Soul Drain to get 22% to-hit at the loss of Assault.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Trailblazer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Primary Power Set: Fire Blast

Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Leaping

Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Fire Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(5)

Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A)

Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(7), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)

Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(15), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(15), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(17)

Level 6: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Knock%(21)

Level 8: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(21), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Absorb%(25)

Level 10: Temporal Selection -- Heal-I(A)

Level 12: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)

Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def(27)

Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)

Level 20: Tactics -- ToHit-I(A), EndRdx-I(33)

Level 22: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 24: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(33)

Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(33), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(34)

Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)

Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39)

Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40)

Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)

Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(42), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(42), NmnCnv-Heal(43), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43)

Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(43), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam(48)

Level 47: Soul Drain -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(50), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)

Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Scourge

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(13)

Level 0: High Pain Threshold

Level 0: Invader

Level 0: Born In Battle

Level 0: Marshal

Level 50: Support Core Embodiment

Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany

Level 50: Pyronic Radial Final Judgement

Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface

------------

------------

Nice variant Slappy! Glad you're enjoying the build.

Few things:

1. I didn't invest into AoE defense because most AoE attacks have a Melee or Ranged tag to them as well. There are very few attacks that only have an AoE tag.

2. The top rotation for Fire Blast is Blaze-Blazing Bolt-Blaze-Fireball-Flares, it maximizes the Blaze usage which is by far our highest DPA attack, even with a small gap it's worth it. Recharge is helpful in getting the gap down.

3. You don't need Tactics (or Soul Drain) to hit 22% once you get some Membranes or some ToHit IO's into Farsight and get your Clarion. Farsight with two membranes and Clarion is 22%.

Do you think I could just copy the build and change to Beam Rifle and it would work? I've done Fire a bit too much to feel like getting back to it once again. Yes, even a decade later :p

Hello, let me preface this by saying i'm very new to the game.  I had already rolled a fire/time Corruptor when i came across your build and have just hit 50.  I made a few minor changes mostly because of the cost of your setup and the fact that with my limited game knowledge farming the inf needed would most likely take a lot longer than it took you.  Anyway, i was wondering if you could take a peek at this and let me know if there is anything i have done that is tragically wrong or if this will work.  Once concern i have is if end sustain will be fine or if i need to work on lowering my drain per second.  Also I do realize that i will eventually be able to get rid of tactics but left it there for now.  Thanks in advance for your time.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

Plays with Matches: Level 50 Mutation Corruptor

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Flares

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 1: Time Crawl

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Slow

Level 2: Fire Ball

• (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (46) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End

Level 4: Time's Juncture

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (11) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge
  • (11) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (13) Dark Watcher's Despair - Recharge/Endurance

Level 6: Rain of Fire

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)

Level 8: Temporal Mending

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (17) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (19) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (46) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 10: Temporal Selection

• (A) Healing IO

Level 12: Spirit Ward

• (A) Healing IO

Level 14: Super Speed

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 16: Maneuvers

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (21) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (23) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (42) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 18: Blaze

• (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
  • (23) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 20: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (29) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 22: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 24: Mystic Flight

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (29) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 26: Blazing Bolt

• (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
  • (31) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (31) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Interrupt/Range

Level 28: Farsight

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 30: Rune of Protection

• (A) Impervium Armor - Resistance
  • (36) Impervium Armor - Resistance/Recharge
  • (36) Impervium Armor - Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (46) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance

Level 32: Inferno

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (37) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 35: Slowed Response

• (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 38: Chrono Shift

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge

Level 41: Dark Consumption

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 44: Dark Embrace

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (45) Aegis - Resistance
  • (45) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (45) Aegis - Endurance/Recharge

Level 47: Soul Drain

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (48) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (50) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 49: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (36) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (34) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge
  • (34) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy

Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement

------------

Some mistakes here and there but nothing tragically wrong. However it isn't that much cheaper than my build.

Looks like you're just giving it your own spin, which is fine! As long as you're having fun.

just curious on some of the slotting choices.  I thought the IOs that activate for 120s need to actually be a clicky or a toggle... not just a straight passive.  so they actually work in passive skills??  Example would be Miracle +recovery in Health.

also just a general question regarding time's juncture -- is this really necessary to keep on and especially slot out when you have 60%++ defense on everything? or are you more using it for the 20% damage debuff for the few attacks that do roll in?

Otherwise looks awesome.  giving it a try... was rough trying to solo stuff before chrono shift... but once i hit 39, the build really seems to open up and i imagine its just going to get way better with incarnate stuff and set bonuses.  status effects in general, and ESPECIALLY knockdown, are a huge problem currently.

just curious on some of the slotting choices.  I thought the IOs that activate for 120s need to actually be a clicky or a toggle... not just a straight passive.  so they actually work in passive skills??  Example would be Miracle +recovery in Health.

Procs in passives work. So Miracle in Health is active all the time, and Numina's will also work in Chrono Shift if you use it at least once every 120s.

also just a general question regarding time's juncture -- is this really necessary to keep on and especially slot out when you have 60%++ defense on everything? or are you more using it for the 20% damage debuff for the few attacks that do roll in?

It helps against defense debuffs and in incarnate trials. Also by the time you reach the levels of softcapped defense your endurance should be steady anyway.

Otherwise looks awesome.  giving it a try... was rough trying to solo stuff before chrono shift... but once i hit 39, the build really seems to open up and i imagine its just going to get way better with incarnate stuff and set bonuses.  status effects in general, and ESPECIALLY knockdown, are a huge problem currently.

Make sure you buy the -KB Blessing of the Zephyr IO.

Hello Auroxis,

Thank you so much for the great build. Maybe a silly question but why no Distortion Field to get the great slow + Rain of Fire combo?

It's a good combo, but our AoE is strong enough that we don't need to rely on it, plus it often ends up just wasting cast time as stuff dies quickly anyway to a couple Fireballs+RoF with Soul Drain active. In addition we already get a slow from Time's Juncture so mobs don't really sprint out of RoF. I mentioned earlier in the thread that you can choose to replace the sorcery stuff with Distortion Field+Time Stop, which would work well for stuff like Battle Maiden farm where nothing mezzes you anyway but it wouldn't work as well outside of that. You could probably replace Temporal Selection with it if you're not the support type.

1. I didn't invest into AoE defense because most AoE attacks have a Melee or Ranged tag to them as well. There are very few attacks that only have an AoE tag.

That is a thing I did not know.  Is there a table somewhere?

Being able to (essentially) ignore an entire 1/3 of the positionals will further cement ‘positional def >>>>> typed def’, perhaps to the point where I build for those positonals even on sets that give damage type defense.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I did some extra research and it appears I was off in my estimation about damage types.

For example, All AoE's for weapons are tagged as melee only, while for non-weapons there seems to be some tagged as AoE but not Melee (namely Foot Stomp). When it comes to ranged attacks however, the AoE type is much more prevalent and almost all AoE attacks aren't tagged as range, with the only exception I found being Fistful of Arrows. What misled me was the data in Mid's/Pine's since stuff like Foot Stomp is tagged as "Melee PBAoE" and Fireball is "Ranged (Targeted AoE)".

With that being said, I'm going to be testing the below build to see how I like it before I make it official in the OP (will take some time):

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

Trailblazer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Flares -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Dmg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)

Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A)

Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(31)

Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(5), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(5), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(7)

Level 6: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(23)

Level 8: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)

Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Super Speed -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)

Level 14: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Knock%(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25)

Level 16: Distortion Field -- Slow-I(A)

Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)

Level 20: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)

Level 24: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)

Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36)

Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(29), HO:Membr(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)

Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)

Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg(37)

Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)

Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40)

Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg(46)

Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)

Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48)

Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(48)

Level 0: High Pain Threshold

Level 0: Invader

Level 0: Born In Battle

Level 0: Marshal

Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany

Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1581;765;1530;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F135110C7CFF602B6144A69B9CBA5D03B6D690534A2C60450A342C2C|
|D4B7C69565870636D9B6D49D427F11BA8097E068D221883E89BF10368D4071FFC00|
|DE00E38377ADD3FD0FB449376D7E33B37366FE67F6EC8E5D1EB12D1F5B3C2C24FB7|
|052CE6613C3694D5BC8E4D29A794C9E5767045D55D39AAC26CF27E5AB8A56497EEB|
|4E4E62524ECD2BB3D1A3AAA62486687DAEB3786F68616E2E3AAD5E521263724ACD2|
|C24E59C9A4E09DB783A9D8C4EA5B51945BB628593519459BB6E8E2AF2ACA2652FA8|
|19DBB69F5153F38E231975263A226B17A95836472B9B48482FFD7D06C157DE24E2E|
|4C44DC210036DE1022DA2B6177E300AAEB8285DD2D7087147D27302060E89BC590A|
|9850C70F5604C15D3EB0C60BB67BC08754CF887A46E33A7A989E32D7C08A27E02AE|
|59A916B366F1851F7B351D760FDC4FC08D67DC0FD86F7E00DAF1095D0282A3D42CF|
|E9A28085F762E941AC9B62559C575581190409D53CA7EA3E68A9D907D6EE458EAB1|
|F7ED300F888B4DAB98EBD306C8A1546EAE0393956A1ABEE1EE8BA0F362D832D2B60|
|FB03CE235D4ED6EA7443AB8362F53CBBFA8251D8EF57ECBF7313EB825BF06FD1FE1|
|B594FE33B688C109A795FCD6FA0B1E525E87ECDF37801BFFB15FC35DA572BF76CE5|
|9EBB07C9A5C7B94DFF49F45EA29E6DC835B53592D16611ED3F71CFFD0DBA3C3F98D|
|FC1C231EBE0197508E476E6A1B7F31FE8FE0B76FF013DBFC1C7A4AD8BF7D8F58C62|
|4E9358A79897CF8CF734F4FA4E31A7717E7D53A07F0271FF24788DDA07F4939D370|
|7584B90B584584B88B584584B84B52C527A0FF7EDD983B5E101D40DF7336360A48F|
|1907AF537A54B2EA738B1E42BDF841E601B07790B91F6CA0B310E3F311DB7E2EA69|
|DF79B7E74895059245616899745FACA22FDA51123141C2FC6F2A3A5F7F92D1A37ED|
|7C2584A457B1D48AC254F5151BB45D89F54B119CB9AD624C924E9041DF94B81BB3D|
|C2CCD0F20FF4B3166906EA2ABED36CF6909FE19ABAE49EF79B6C49E28B1CF95D877|
|9DB40C35F3CFBB8AB6A5BE68875D45FB6D49FEAF86A2FD1F6822FF55|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

This include the added AoE defense as well as replacing temporal selection with distortion field. These two are pretty much interchangeable depending on play-style so I just wanted to see how it plays.

I did some extra research and it appears I was off in my estimation about damage types.

For example, All AoE's for weapons are tagged as melee only, while for non-weapons there seems to be some tagged as AoE but not Melee (namely Foot Stomp). When it comes to ranged attacks however, the AoE type is much more prevalent and almost all AoE attacks aren't tagged as range, with the only exception I found being Fistful of Arrows. What misled me was the data in Mid's/Pine's since stuff like Foot Stomp is tagged as "Melee PBAoE" and Fireball is "Ranged (Targeted AoE)".

With that being said, I'm going to be testing the below build to see how I like it before I make it official in the OP (will take some time):

That sounds more like what had been my understanding.  - and frankly is a comfort to me.  If Positional-AOE had been a non-thing, Id have had to tear apart about half my builds - and positional DEF is already so radically superior to typed DEF that I had  flirted with ignoring the typed DEF ~even on sets that already give some typed DEF~ and instead building for positional.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

interested in your thoughts on some powers:

flares vs fire blast

-flares has lower activation time

-fire blast does more damage

-either way its more of a filler attack

-both recharge fast enough to not worry about whether you might not have a button to press

rain of fire vs fire breath

-rain of fire always sends enemies scattering in panic

-can be good for defensive purposes

-can be extremely annoying because stragglers are now all over the place instead of roughly grouped

-fire breath cone is initially very small

-with clarion boost, the range is reasonably good and the damage is quite high, even if over a couple seconds

-activation time on fire breath is long

general problem im feeling with rain of fire is that the damage isnt upfront and just sends them running everywhere... so i dont often feel like i want to use it.

interested in your thoughts on some powers:

flares vs fire blast

-flares has lower activation time

-fire blast does more damage

-either way its more of a filler attack

-both recharge fast enough to not worry about whether you might not have a button to press

rain of fire vs fire breath

-rain of fire always sends enemies scattering in panic

-can be good for defensive purposes

-can be extremely annoying because stragglers are now all over the place instead of roughly grouped

-fire breath cone is initially very small

-with clarion boost, the range is reasonably good and the damage is quite high, even if over a couple seconds

-activation time on fire breath is long

general problem im feeling with rain of fire is that the damage isnt upfront and just sends them running everywhere... so i dont often feel like i want to use it.

The top attack chain doesn't include fire blast, blaze-blazing bolt-blaze-fireball-flares. Rain of Fire is situational but at least you can use it in the middle of a pack unlike fire breath which won't hit a lot of mobs if you're at the center.

Build (w/ AoE Def and DField) seems to be working out well so far so i'm gonna stick with it and update the OP. Not really feeling the loss of Temporal Selection since we can still support with Spirit Ward, our heal and defense buffs.

Alright, it's me again with more inane questions. maybe if I reached end game instead of making new alts I'd learn a bit more :p But lacking that i have some questions instead if you could elucidate me.

I'm curious about the numbers you've pumped. Everyone seems to build towards 45% and you just blew past to 75%+. Is it just an aftereffect of aiming for the mez resist in the incarnate system? is there a gain from passing the 45% softcap?

You mention Distortion Field And Time's Juncture being interchangeable, but in your latest build you have both having eschewed Temporal Selection for it.  Is it to reach a -recharge cap? Or the need to keep track of another buff just not worth it when pewpewing at the speed of light buffed like /kin and tanky as a tank?

Alright, it's me again with more inane questions. maybe if I reached end game instead of making new alts I'd learn a bit more :p But lacking that i have some questions instead if you could elucidate me.

I'm curious about the numbers you've pumped. Everyone seems to build towards 45% and you just blew past to 75%+. Is it just an aftereffect of aiming for the mez resist in the incarnate system? is there a gain from passing the 45% softcap?

The build is soft-capped with clarion+farsight. It's hard to show the actual defense in Pine's since it shows the full clarion effect. Without Support Hybrid active(only up half the time) and with Clarion only affecting Farsight (25% of the time) the defenses are 47.3% Melee, 48% Ranged, and 46.4 AoE.

You mention Distortion Field And Time's Juncture being interchangeable, but in your latest build you have both having eschewed Temporal Selection for it.  Is it to reach a -recharge cap? Or the need to keep track of another buff just not worth it when pewpewing at the speed of light buffed like /kin and tanky as a tank?

I believe you misread that bit, I was taking about Distortion Field and Temporal Selection being interchangeable. Time's Juncture is invaluable to this build due to the powerful debuffs it provides.