Fire/Time/Dark, the ultimate DPS/Support/Tank hybrid

Auroxis

Is there a trick to leveling this build? I mean, I'm only level 10, but it's going so slow right now. Is the early game for this just painful, like many others? I suppose I should be going for a DFB or something to jump the earlier levels, but the damage and accuracy at the lower levels just feels sad.

Additionally, how do you keep all those toggles up with 2-slotted stamina? Is that just something that happens once you get all your IO's in place?

I found it was a very smooth ride to 50 leveling this build. But then again I was teaming only and did Posi 1 early. Read through the thread, Auroxis is giving some useful tips on how to level this build and what powers to take.

You have an acc boost until level 20 so you technically shouldn't miss that much. Monitor your last chance to hit to find out if it's really that bad.

In the beginning you have only one toggle so you should have no problems, slot a Miracle early in Health and a Performance shifter proc and a normal end mod in Stamina. Plus read through the powers, Chrono Shift is giving +end plus you have Dark Consumption. Also take Victory Rush like suggested when leveling.

• Like 1

I made it a point to solo this build a lot because I find it's the best way to understanding its powers, strengths and weaknesses. I didn't use 2x XP at all. I did do all TFC task forces in teams as soon as I was high enough top run them, or not close enough.

This game is kinda slow at low levels. You're fighting endurance issues, your attack chain and mitigation is limited, etc... Make sure you get the P2Win attacks like sands of Mu and Nemesis staff to fill those in.

I  levelled with something close to this build (I think the OP has suggestions for leveling, like tactic tactics to get perma snipe).

I thought it was a very effective build for levelling, with the usual caveats, like endurance management. Juggling slow on one for and attacks on another really helps, and the -ToHit aura helps survivability a lot (but not endurance). Do what all lowbies do, use inspirations, use the prestige enhancements with their DMG Process component...

By the 20s I started really feeling invincible and bit the dust more than once for taking on more than I could chew. I am an aggressive player. I don't mind debt, although I hate time wasted in trips to the hospital. Pushing the limits of the build at every level is what helps you get good with it.

While I don't care that others PL or DFB/DiB I enjoy the early levels and getting to see your character grow with every level. The hollows used to be my favorite zone. Even getting to the mission used to be a challenge, but it taught me to move around better than anything.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Waypoint said:

You should look into Soul Mastery. You'd pick up Power Boost and bring your defenses even higher while maintaining strong damage output and even better support.

You didn't read the thread or understand the build, did you? We have Clarion Radial Epiphany, so no need for Powerboost.

Edited by Razia
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Waypoint said:

You should look into Soul Mastery. You'd pick up Power Boost and bring your defenses even higher while maintaining strong damage output and even better support.

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread:

On 8/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, Auroxis said:

Not a fan of losing perma Soul Drain, also the Soul Mastery version has more cast time and less radius. But I can see why you'd dislike waiting on Clarion to cast Farsight.

Mentally thinking about builds as of late. Hadn't done Time yet, but just went, "You know, seems like a Fire/time corr would be incredibly good." Came here and saw the build. Being lazy and following the build and taking notes how I might change it later on. Hit 18 and like it a lot overall so far. In the running for my personal top tier, but I need more levels to see how it ends up. My only issue might be going, "You know what else would be awesome with Time?"

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

7 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Mentally thinking about builds as of late. Hadn't done Time yet, but just went, "You know, seems like a Fire/time corr would be incredibly good." Came here and saw the build. Being lazy and following the build and taking notes how I might change it later on. Hit 18 and like it a lot overall so far. In the running for my personal top tier, but I need more levels to see how it ends up. My only issue might be going, "You know what else would be awesome with Time?"

Water is kind of interesting with /time, as well.  I’ve also tried dark/ and attempted a proc build variant.   I don’t have a fire/time, and I’m really hesitant to level up another toon ( however fast that may be ), but sure wish I did ! 

11 hours ago, natewest1987 said:

Water is kind of interesting with /time, as well.  I’ve also tried dark/ and attempted a proc build variant.   I don’t have a fire/time, and I’m really hesitant to level up another toon ( however fast that may be ), but sure wish I did ! 

I already have a Water/ice blaster and trying not to repeat. I did think about Dark/time as well. I think an obvious pairing would be a Fire/time controller but have enough controllers for now, and I could see it replacing this which I'm skipping on having happen. I honestly cut my list of characters by 6(?) recently and can delete a couple more. Any blast/control set which likes melee will pair well with it although certainly not a requirement. Rad/time corr and Ice/time controller would be other examples.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Just now, Papaschtroumpf said:

I don't fully understand the snipe changes yet, but don;t you do much more damage if your toHit is high? That would still make toHit valuable, but geting intasnipe even with less damage is definitely a good thing.

The damage is unchanged, at 22% ToHit you deal the same damage as before.

• 3 weeks later
26 minutes ago, TungstenShark said:

@Auroxis have you re-visited this build in light of the proc testing that has been done? I was wondering if you would change any of the slotting?

Only change I'd make is moving the purple proc from Flares to Blazing Bolt, the extra slot can be taken from Maneuvers. Updated the OP.

Edited by Auroxis

On 8/21/2019 at 3:08 PM, DasEnder said:

Is there a trick to leveling this build? I mean, I'm only level 10, but it's going so slow right now. Is the early game for this just painful, like many others? I suppose I should be going for a DFB or something to jump the earlier levels, but the damage and accuracy at the lower levels just feels sad.

Additionally, how do you keep all those toggles up with 2-slotted stamina? Is that just something that happens once you get all your IO's in place?

There's only one toggle at 10. The next one is at 20 and can be put off until 22 while taking the Fly type travel power. This is essentially what I did. I had no real issues with end. I got on teams with it. 2x XP can get you to 22 rather quick. Even soloing, one can go to AE and do the "Bad" missions. I prefer the space one. At 10 with 2x XP running, you can gain a level per every run. An almost default for me is to run a new hero through it until like 18 and then go team. Early TFs would also be good. People run Posi I feel like all the time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Someone asked me for an Ice/Time version so here it is:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Trailfreezer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg(13)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(3), Prv-Heal(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(5), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(5), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(7)
Level 6: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)
Level 8: Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(27), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GldNet-Dam%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(17), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--ToHit(31), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(29), HO:Membr(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
------------

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

I am a huge fan of leveling builds for new players that run content from level 1 to 50 without AE or farming. Literary folks that read ever text box and and treat video games like books with a plot.
By any chance do you have any advice for the player who will never... ever... buy a "+9000 Purple Codpiece of the Hairy Merkin" from the auction house?
Using just basic crafted IOs... What would you suggest?

The build is good enough to carry you through the content, with the only weakness while leveling being endurance recovery. So you definitely wanna pick up Victory Rush, probably in the place of Aim. And go for the recovery proc IO's when you can.

Edited by Auroxis
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later
5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I finally got around to making one of these. Still low level but working well so far.

What kind of farm completion times are people getting? Say the comic con meteor map?

This build is not for farm specifically. If you wanted to do a farming build I would not take rune of protection and get your S/L or fire resists up to 68%+ without it.

1 hour ago, Darkir said:

This build is not for farm specifically. If you wanted to do a farming build I would not take rune of protection and get your S/L or fire resists up to 68%+ without it.

It can farm with RoP, you just need to either run city maps or be more active with your insps in moon maps.