Fire/Time/Dark, the ultimate DPS/Support/Tank hybrid

Auroxis

-survival buff is pretty expensive tbh, but recovery serum is cheap enough. 

-i was actually never aware of a supergroup buff.

-other possibility is the free mutation power.  if you get the one that does -50% end cost (pain tolerance i think), you definitely shouldnt have problems for a while... random is random there though.

anyways just wanted to drop in and follow-up on the 2 changes that came out more recently (rune of protection and arcane bolt). 

-for rune of protection, while it sucks to have fairly long gaps in mez protection, the build has super high defense in the first place so you arent likely to be hit with a mez generally... and if you do... you just pop rune of protection THEN.  saves you the need to have inspiration available and more importantly buffers out a window to get time's juncture back up.  definitely a change though cause before i would just fire off rune of protection whenever i felt like it just because it *could* be up most of the time and it gave me an extra layer of safety without any thought.

-for arcane bolt... the longer cast time is definitely noticeable.  in a single target rotation, casting arcane bolt at any point will delay the ability to cast blaze or blazing bolt.  that said, it does like 10% less damage than blaze (which is still very good) and will hit even harder than blaze if you have the arcane power buff on (its random)... so i think its probably worth it cause flares was trash otherwise.  it is definitely strange to me to see an attack from a power pool actually be... useful... and not just a filler but it is definitely welcome.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:30 PM, Sancerre said:

aside from mobs that speficially end drain you, i never had problems with end *after* being mostly kitted out.  getting there can be a little more painful.  not sure where your toon is at IO wise, but i could recommend using Victory Rush (from leadership) for a while inplace of combat jumping to help with that and/or *not* using assault/maneuvers until you can actually support them. 

I am using the same exact build this thread suggested, and continuously fighting while buffing/debuffing is definitely not sustainable with just Dark Consumption and the tiny amount of end/recovery Chrono Shift offers without outside influence.

13 hours ago, Zalari said:

I am using the same exact build this thread suggested, and continuously fighting while buffing/debuffing is definitely not sustainable with just Dark Consumption and the tiny amount of end/recovery Chrono Shift offers without outside influence.

yea again im not sure why you are having such a drastically different experience.  i do not have any issues unless its against something like freakshow that actively drain my end... and against that, there are certainly end problems that i need to take a small break between packs.

definitely important to have the +10 max end accolades (portal jockey & atlas medallion)... recovery is based on a percentage of max end.

ultimately if you feel like you *need* ageless, then go ahead and use it.  the biggest synergy at the inception of the build was clarion boosting the to-hit buff to reach +22 for the instant snipes.  that is no longer 'needed'.  you are otherwise psuedo-capped on defense between general defense buffs and times juncture but you wont be in times juncture range all the time so i dont recommend that personally.  you could easily replace rune of protection for tough/weave and cap defense that way (and also cap out S&L resistance along the way)...

• Like 1

I dont know how committed you are to Dark Mastery, but give Power Mastery a lookover.  Power Build Up effects Farsight and the enhanced effects stick after PBU fades.

Consider 3 Membrane Hamis for Farsight

You wont need maneauvers after experiencing a boosted farsight

super speed seems silly with mystic flight

i do not know what that 6th slot is in blazing bolt

and consider 3 ribos for your resist toggles.  if you drop super speed and maneauvers you can work in Tough

With Hamis freeing up slots you can add one to hasten, one to aim and so on.  if you do make the change to power mastery Conserve Power only needs one additional slot.

• 3 months later
On 6/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, kelika2 said:

I dont know how committed you are to Dark Mastery, but give Power Mastery a lookover.  Power Build Up effects Farsight and the enhanced effects stick after PBU fades.

Consider 3 Membrane Hamis for Farsight

You wont need maneauvers after experiencing a boosted farsight

super speed seems silly with mystic flight

i do not know what that 6th slot is in blazing bolt

and consider 3 ribos for your resist toggles.  if you drop super speed and maneauvers you can work in Tough

With Hamis freeing up slots you can add one to hasten, one to aim and so on.  if you do make the change to power mastery Conserve Power only needs one additional slot.

This is my current live build.  Power Boost + Clarion is great for the +def on Farsight. I'm not sold on the procs in distortion field, but I think they add a little aoe dmg potential across a decent area.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Trailblazer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(7), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Rgn-Knock%(9), PstBls-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-Heal(19)
Level 8: Rain of Fire -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(23)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 12: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(25)
Level 14: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(27), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(29)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(29), GldNet-Dam%(31), UnbCns-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(33)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(33), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 22: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(37), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(39), HO:Membr(39)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-ResDam%(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42), Erd-%Dam(43)
Level 35: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Arm-Dam%(45), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 38: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Chrono Shift -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(50), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Time's Juncture -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(50)
Level 1: Scourge
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 4: Speed Phase
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: Marshal
------------

On 5/31/2021 at 7:30 PM, Sancerre said:

my character is built virtually the same as you posted here... felt like diving back into this game...

rune of protection adjustment is a fairly substantial blow to the playstyle of the *SOLO* build here.  ultimately this build is super safe unless you get smacked with a CC and drop your toggles (or get end drained).  the rune of protection / clarion rotation would keep you *mostly* safe from this previously... and have very little downtime.  you will now have 2 minute complete GAPS of _ZERO_ mez protection without inspiration candies.  so you either wait it out or risk it.

the other significant change i see is that arcane bolt (from sorcery tree) is actually insanely strong now for some reason (seems way overtuned).  legit just another blaze button (yes i see the activation time is longer).  not sure that it would be entirely worth it but... i feel like it should just outright replace flares / fire blast (no reason to slot them over arcane bolt as i see it).  spirit ward was never particularly useful in this build anyways, so replacing that doesnt really matter.

overall, the rune of protection change would make the gameplay incredibly difficult to maintain the same clearing speed *SOLO* as before... but if you are running in a team and someone else can give you long term mez protection, the build is still great to splinter off and split clear in a group setting.  other than that this build is still incredible in group play because /time's group buffs and enemy debuffs are fantastic for clear speed and you will be pulling your weight in personal damage because you are constantly damage capped via soul drain as a fire primary.

aside from mobs that speficially end drain you, i never had problems with end *after* being mostly kitted out.  getting there can be a little more painful.  not sure where your toon is at IO wise, but i could recommend using Victory Rush (from leadership) for a while inplace of combat jumping to help with that and/or *not* using assault/maneuvers until you can actually support them. 

Thx i posted the updated build right before you posted.  Fold Space is a game-changer.

• 2 years later
  • 2 weeks later