pvp only accolades

Firi

10 minutes ago, generalkno said:

There are other factors that impact in game economy as well, it's a little more complex than just that, but Im not saying you're both wrong. On live there were a lot more marketeers that intentionally drove prices up. Homecoming put in a lot of ways of preventing that such as converters, merit reward, and the extremely smart move of the salvage dump (If you remember on homecoming release people were driving rare salvage extremely high).

For sure. I'm a huge fan of the market on Homecoming and it's a big reason why I haven't seriously invested any time on other servers.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Well, according to the Justin channel is discord the next testing patch will have a bunch of pvp changes. While I personally would advocate against that allocation of resources I am happy for all the people behind the keyboards who will be made happy by these changes. No sarcasm, I hope it brings good things your way!

• Like 1

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

29 minutes ago, Warlawk said:

Well, according to the Justin channel is discord the next testing patch will have a bunch of pvp changes. While I personally would advocate against that allocation of resources I am happy for all the people behind the keyboards who will be made happy by these changes. No sarcasm, I hope it brings good things your way!

At the risk of seeming confrontational and starting another disagreement... I've seen lots of changes throughout this game's run that I've thought were silly and probably a waste of development time (looking at you, roleplayer tag and the very existence of the Walk power) but I'm never going to advocate against development time being used on something that I won't personally get any benefit from.

20 minutes ago, macskull said:

At the risk of seeming confrontational and starting another disagreement... I've seen lots of changes throughout this game's run that I've thought were silly and probably a waste of development time (looking at you, roleplayer tag and the very existence of the Walk power) but I'm never going to advocate against development time being used on something that I won't personally get any benefit from.

It has far less to do with the fact that I won't get any use out of it and more do with the fact that I think PvP is a dumpster fire that's beyond redemption. As I stated somewhere earlier in the thread, slapping bandaids on a disemboweled system is just wasting bandaids.

Happy for the players who will get enjoyment out of it regardless though. Cheers.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

1 minute ago, Warlawk said:

It has far less to do with the fact that I won't get any use out of it and more do with the fact that I think PvP is a dumpster fire that's beyond redemption. As I stated somewhere earlier in the thread, slapping bandaids on a disemboweled system is just wasting bandaids.

Happy for the players who will get enjoyment out of it regardless though. Cheers.

Eh, CoH PvP is still way more fun than most other MMOs even after it got gutted. It's more akin to an FPS in how "twitchy" it can be so I can understand how people who are used to PvP in other MMOs might not like it, but every other MMO's PvP is just... slow.

It might profit the game, if there were two "Powers" guys - have them work together on the overall structure of pwoersets, but as for specific number-tweaking, one handles the PvP side and one handles the PvE side.

At least then, the two sides would be balanced each by a single person, producing consistent-within-that-environment results.  🙂

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

9 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

It might profit the game, if there were two "Powers" guys - have them work together on the overall structure of pwoersets, but as for specific number-tweaking, one handles the PvP side and one handles the PvE side.

At least then, the two sides would be balanced each by a single person, producing consistent-within-that-environment results.  🙂

I think the idea of balancing being done by a single person is not a good idea, regardless of whether it is PvP or PvE, which is part of the reason I watch patch notes like a hawk and am not shy to provide constructive, evidence-or-numbers-based feedback regarding changes that are likely to be detrimental - it seems like there is only really one powers developer and it's impossible to tell whether powers changes come from collected player feedback or from that one person's own whims (I'm not saying that is what is happening, mind you, I'm just using that as an argument against having a single "powers guy" for any aspect of the game). In terms of PvP, it is easier to get the consensus of the PvP community as a whole and then pass along suggestions or requests to the development team instead of relying on one person to make balance changes. Having one person make a whole bunch of sweeping balance changes on a whim is how PvPers got Issue 13 so naturally we're very wary of that sort of thing happening again in the future.

Edited by macskull

1 hour ago, macskull said:

I think the idea of balancing being done by a single person is not a good idea, regardless of whether it is PvP or PvE, which is part of the reason I watch patch notes like a hawk and am not shy to provide constructive, evidence-or-numbers-based feedback regarding changes that are likely to be detrimental - it seems like there is only really one powers developer and it's impossible to tell whether powers changes come from collected player feedback or from that one person's own whims (I'm not saying that is what is happening, mind you, I'm just using that as an argument against having a single "powers guy" for any aspect of the game). In terms of PvP, it is easier to get the consensus of the PvP community as a whole and then pass along suggestions or requests to the development team instead of relying on one person to make balance changes. Having one person make a whole bunch of sweeping balance changes on a whim is how PvPers got Issue 13 so naturally we're very wary of that sort of thing happening again in the future.

Well, unless HC coughs up any specifics on how they make decisions, it's best to assume code changes are based on whims...They are hobbyists, not paid developers (at least not paid for their work here)...We aren't customers, so they owe us nothing...

Ideally, the presence of these forums and a suggestions board, bug board, and pvp board, suggests that they care about our feedback.  So while I assume it's whimsy, I assume it's guided whimsy...

Sounds like good things coming @macskull...Happy testing, SOONtm

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

At the end of the day, when it comes to changing powers (or creating new ones), thereHAS to be one person who makes the final call.  Preferably someone who listens to the advice and ideas of others, but still, someone whose desk has a sign saying "the buck stops here".

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism