Procs NOT working in Oil Slick

plainguy

Just spent 30 minutes looking at Oil Slick.

I have Oil Slick slotted with the following

Javelin chance for Lethal Damage

Positron Blast chance for energy

The Procs do not go off either when Oil Slick is Ignited or NOT ignited.

It was easy to read the numbers coming up and I could see them in the combat logs and pet logs tab I created to specifically add the pet logs to this tab as well.

At initial drop of Oil Slick, before even igniting:

Spoiler

[21:32] Oil Slick: You blast Tactical Operative for 126.99 points of bonus negative energy damage!
[21:32] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Officer for 126.99 points of bonus negative energy damage!
[21:32] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Officer for 126.99 points of bonus negative energy damage!

At 10/s mark:

Spoiler

[21:32] Fire: You blast Tactical Operative for 126.99 points of bonus energy damage!
[21:32] Fire: Your Fire hits Operation Officer for 8.38 points of Fire damage.
[21:32] Fire: You blast Operation Officer for 126.99 points of bonus energy damage!
[21:32] Fire: Your Fire hits Tactical Operative for 8.38 points of Fire damage.
[21:32] Fire: You blast Tactical Operative for 126.99 points of bonus energy damage!

Both executed just now on the Live Servers. Oil Slick slotted with Positron's Blast Proc and Touch of Lady Grey Proc.

And once more for good measure:

Spoiler

Launch:

[21:36] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Engineer for 134.88 points of bonus negative energy damage!

Tail End Proc:

[21:36] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Officer for 134.88 points of bonus negative energy damage!
[21:36] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Officer for 134.88 points of bonus negative energy damage!

Looks to be working.

35 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Hide contents

[21:32] Oil Slick: You blast Tactical Operative for 126.99 points of bonus negative energy damage!

At 10/s mark:

Hide contents

[21:32] Fire: You blast Operation Officer for 126.99 points of bonus energy damage!

Both executed just now on the Live Servers. Oil Slick slotted with Positron's Blast Proc and Touch of Lady Grey Proc.

Hide contents

Launch:

[21:36] Oil Slick: You blast Operation Engineer for 134.88 points of bonus negative energy damage!

Tail End Proc:

Looks to be working.

I tried on the GM in PI and the monkeys..  I see the fire damage.. But I see no damage with just the oil

When Ignited I see nothing either.. I selected all the pet damage.. I will post screen shots ... I also have the chat log enabled.. I will look through that now and redo..

Tell me what I need to have active in the chat window.

I see the fire damage but I see no procs going off.. I don't even see the numbers from the procs as its a steady 10 damage from the fire

chatlog.thumb.PNG.9e5c1f0fe2627e36ec23f2fc65ec5595.PNGregularcombat.PNG.48544780835ef3fa5ef99fdf6d350f7b.PNGpetcombat.PNG.75c60af754fc04343f571ab34e6cf00c.PNG

I see the damage from other procs EG in Raven I have Positron and that comes up..

energydam.PNG.ea0b1a682640bcf65f78e2181f290aef.PNG

Edited by plainguy
added pics

3 hours ago, plainguy said:

I don't even see the numbers from the procs as its a steady 10 damage from the fire

It's right there in the center of all that fire damage. "You blast Lattice for 63.7 points of bonus Energy Damage!"

It'd be a lot more apparent if you made a damage tab with purely just "Combat and Pet General," and "Damage Inflicted, Pet Damage Inflicted" and nothing else in the tab. Go out, drop Oil Slick, and watch. You can light it too if you want, just to see it do both, but the procs will cycle through at the beginning, and then at ~10/s intervals after until the Slick expires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

It's right there in the center of all that fire damage. "You blast Lattice for 63.7 points of bonus Energy Damage!"

It'd be a lot more apparent if you made a damage tab with purely just "Combat and Pet General," and "Damage Inflicted, Pet Damage Inflicted" and nothing else in the tab. Go out, drop Oil Slick, and watch. You can light it too if you want, just to see it do both, but the procs will cycle through at the beginning, and then at ~10/s intervals after until the Slick expires.

No.. That damage is from me lighting up the Oil slick with explosive blast ( AOE ) and hitting the mob with it.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

No.. That damage is from me lighting up the Oil slick with explosive blast ( AOE ) and hitting the mob with it.. 

It shows the source of the damage came from Fire. Pretty sure that's the proc in oil slick

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

29 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

"bonus energy damage" is indeed from proc. 

Appears I was missing it.. I will do some more testing and parsing for the keyword  BONUS 

12 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Hide contents

This I definitely will be looking for.. 

Sorry no clue why missing it.. 

I kept adding channels because I thought I had the wrong ones. Waiting 30 seconds each time is a pain in the backside.

newpetcombat.PNG.9c1134215910af16b29942f7bd4bb157.PNG

This is what I created and I also looked at the chat log. 

I am NOT getting any damage numbers while Oil Slick is NOT ignited at this time. 

I used the other chat window as I could see that one Hit from bonus energy. 

Doing a CTRL F  for Bonus is easy enough in the chat log.  

I am NOT getting anywhere near the numbers your reporting in the chat log. The only one I am getting is the one I missed yesterday. 

How are you doing your test?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

I am NOT getting any damage numbers while Oil Slick is NOT ignited at this time. 

There's a reason for that.

The power needs to be doing damage for damage set type procs to be enabled to proc.

While the power is doing no damage, it isn't checking damage set type procs.

At least, I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Oil slick is just all kinds of wonky under the hood.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

52 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

The power needs to be doing damage for damage set type procs to be enabled to proc.

Non-damaging powers can trigger damage procs. I've tested distortion field showing this.

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

How are you doing your test?

ritiki monkeys on the Island in PI. Green con mobs

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Please see the response  by Sir Myshkin as he is stating the initial drop before igniting is procing.. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:38 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

Reveal hidden contents

At 10/s mark:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Launch:

Tail End Proc:

Looks to be working.

19 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Non-damaging powers can trigger damage procs. I've tested distortion field showing this.

I created a new tab as mentioned. 

I even started hovering over the mobs to see if they had any damage. 

I went back to my old tab to see and as you can see the chat log produces the proc.

The only Bonus that came up with from that incident yesterday..

I hovered over the mobs dropping oil slick at least 10 times with nothing in the chat log. 

Unless I have some thing NOT enabled that it won't produce in the chat log. 

Point me to what should be doing to set this up correctly  and  I would be happy to try it out.

But I just am not seeing the procs going off like listed above. 

I am honestly almost becoming skeptical about this. 

Edited by plainguy

48 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Yes, but that's not the distinction that I was making.

For example, Slow sets include Impeded Swiftness, the proc for which does damage ... which is not the same as Target AoE sets that include Positron's Blast, the proc for which does damage.  Both procs (when procced) produce damage, but that's not the distinction that I'm making here.  The point that I'm trying to make is that I was under the impression that even if you can slot a damage proc into Oil Slick, if the power isn't doing damage (yet) but is doing slow debuffing, then I'd expect the Impeded Swiftness to proc (because slow effect is actively being applied) while I'd expect the Positron's Blast to not proc (because the power isn't doing damage, yet).  However, once ignited and doing damage, then I'd expect the proc chances for both Impeded Swiftness and Positron's Blast to be checked (upon ignition and every 10 seconds thereafter until duration is exhausted).

That's the distinction I was trying to make.

However, it seems that this notion isn't exactly the way that Oil Slick works.

IifneyR.gif

35 minutes ago, plainguy said:

ritiki monkeys on the Island in PI

I'm not sure why you're having trouble seeing procs. I looked up the numbers on oil slick and I see that it should act as a patch which triggers every 10 seconds and has a radius of 25 feet. So each enemy hit should have a 15% probability to be hit with the proc. Not sure if you can post video of a running chat log and show your slotting. I'm curious about how we can trouble shoot that. 

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

~snip~

That's the distinction I was trying to make.

I see the point you're making and I haven't seen anywhere that suggests that is how it's mechanized. Similarly, I think of Dual Pistols ammo selections allowing for different secondary effects based on which you use. No matter which is selected, all the procs work.

8 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I agree.

As mentioned above Sir Myshkin is getting procs to occur with just Oil Slick pre-ignition. 

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

I'm not sure why you're having trouble seeing procs. I looked up the numbers on oil slick and I see that it should act as a patch which triggers every 10 seconds and has a radius of 25 feet. So each enemy hit should have a 15% probability to be hit with the proc. Not sure if you can post video of a running chat log and show your slotting. I'm curious about how we can trouble shoot that. 

I see the point you're making and I haven't seen anywhere that suggests that is how it's mechanized. Similarly, I think of Dual Pistols ammo selections allowing for different secondary effects based on which you use. No matter which is selected, all the procs work.

Yes I was thinking of going that route and just show a video as well. 

But I figured there isn't that much to select for a channel. Thus the screenshots.

Maybe a screen shot in return of what I should have in a chat channel would help. 

But I have the posi proc and javlin proc and only have seen the Posi proc so far once in the chat.

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

That's true for Dual Pistols ... but in the case of Dual Pistols you have a single power doing all of the work, it's just a matter of cross-checking which "enabling mode" is activated via Swap Ammo.  Oil Slick is different in that it spawns a Pet (the unlit Oil Slick) which when ignited will "expire" the (unlit) Oil Slick and replace it with a new Oil Slick (that's on fire and doing damage).  That's two separate Pets and only the second one is going to be doing damage.  You cast the first Oil Slick Pet and then if the conditional is met the Oil Slick Pet casts the second Oil Slick Pet and it's only this latter one that is doing damage, not the first.  My understanding is that in the database these two conditions are coded as separate Pet entity spawns, hence the distinction I was assuming would be there.

3 minutes ago, plainguy said:

But I have the posi proc and javlin proc and only have seen the Posi proc so far once in the chat.

Have you run the formula to compute what the proc chances for those ought to be (upon cast and every 10s thereafter)?  If memory serves, Oil Slick has a huge radius that may be bringing down the proc chances on you below 90%.  Although, against piles of Rikti Monkeys even a lower proc chance ought to proc at least once per dogmonkeypile if using Herd And Burn gathering tactics.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Right now Im in the mode of I will do the video and read up on this original proc thread to see if I can find what I need to have set up in the chat channel to see this damage.. ATM  from the screen shot I submitted above for Pet Damage 2 window. I see nothing scrolling. The Chat log is showing me dropping Oil Slick but nothing more.

Just not home to be on the game or I would be doing it now.. 

22 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Right now Im in the mode of I will do the video and read up on this original proc thread to see if I can find what I need to have set up in the chat channel to see this damage.. ATM  from the screen shot I submitted above for Pet Damage 2 window. I see nothing scrolling. The Chat log is showing me dropping Oil Slick but nothing more.

Just not home to be on the game or I would be doing it now.. 

@plainguy If you can, get as many damage procs as you can into the power. In particular, Impeded Swiftness and Touch of Lady Grey.  @Redlynnemight be onto something. I just double checked the power descriptions and it shows the OilSlickOil pet only is boosted by Defense Debuff and Slow. Damage boosts aren't recognized until the oil is ignited (and the OilSlickBurn pet is created).

I am curious as to what your chat log will show prior to ignition and after ignition. 

Edit: This is what I suspect will happen:

OilSlickOil will last the entire 30 seconds, doing its slow and defense debuff effects. Upon cast, you will have an opportunity to proc any slow and defense debuff procs with a 15.3% probability to proc on each target. After initial cast, you will have 3 more opportunities (I think..maybe 2) at 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and 30 seconds (when the pet dies...this last one might not trigger).

When the OilSlick is ignited, it creates a new pet (separate from OilSlickOil) called OilSlickBurn. Upon ignition, an opportunity to proc your damage procs (Positron) will happen with a 15.3% probability, and subsequent proc opportunities will occur every 10 seconds thereafter until the oil slick dissipates. 

Good luck with your test. I'll be interested in the results.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

Your suspicions about aoe damage procs only being called into action once lit are likely accurate. from my extensive testing of different procs in carrion creepers I found similar results. Creepers summons different pets that have different powers. So the procs dont cover the entire power in a blanket manner. They only function when the appropriate power (pet) is called upon. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Your suspicions about aoe damage procs only being called into action once lit are likely accurate. from my extensive testing of different procs in carrion creepers I found similar results. Creepers summons different pets that have different powers. So the procs dont cover the entire power in a blanket manner. They only function when the appropriate power (pet) is called upon. 

THERE we go ... THAT is the distinction I was trying to make for the sake of completeness.

IifneyR.gif

Redid some quick testing.. went into mission. dropped Oil slick and ignited it..  

Went back in the chat log. 

Went to bottom of log.

Did CTRL F - Bonus 

Direction Up..

I found the bonus hits from both energy and lethal.

So I am wondering now if Touch of lady grey proc will work on both Oil and Ignited. If so that would be the best proc to put in as your getting it on both pets.. But from what I am understanding I think the answer will be no it will not work when ignited.  

2019-11-23 14:06:15 Oil Slick:  You blast Behemoth Overlord for 57.39 points of bonus negative energy damage!
2019-11-23 14:06:15 Oil Slick:  You blast Behemoth Overlord for 57.39 points of bonus negative energy damage!

2019-11-23 14:06:35 HIT Oil Slick! Your Explosive Blast power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 25.58.
2019-11-23 14:06:35 Oil Slick:  Wyld Hunter HITS you! Explosive Blast power had a 95.00% chance to hit and rolled a 25.58.

2019-11-23 14:06:35 You have defeated Oil Slick

2019-11-23 14:06:35 Oil Slick:  You blast Guide for 57.39 points of bonus negative energy damage!
2019-11-23 14:06:35 Fire:  HIT Ice Thorn Caster! Your Fire power had a 82.60% chance to hit, you rolled a 0.18.
2019-11-23 14:06:35 Fire:  HIT Ice Thorn Caster! Your Fire power had a 82.60% chance to hit, you rolled a 82.4

Okay..

As was mentioned this is two separate pets.. Oil Slick:  and   Fire:

The Lady Grey Proc only worked with Oil Slick: 

The Positron Proc only worked with Fire:

Which to some degree makes sense the DPS IO Procs only work with powers causing DPS. like  Fire:

And the Debuff Proc of Lady Grey only works with the Oil Slick:  which causes a debuff.

What I found interesting was the yellow which pretty much shows me killing the Oil Slick:  to produce the  Fire:

Another thing I noticed is almost every time this occurred at the END of the  Fire: sequence in which Oil slick would drop one last proc.

2019-11-23 14:19:48 Oil Slick:   MISSED Behemoth Overlord!! Your Fire power had a 82.60% chance to hit, you rolled a 87.58.
2019-11-23 14:19:48 Oil Slick:  You blast Death Mage for 57.39 points of bonus negative energy damage!

End result you need to be cognizant of what proc IO your putting in depending on what you want to do.  

In this example the negative energy is nice in the Oil Slick:

But I would rather have 2 procs going off in the Fire: for example.  

Edited by plainguy

14 hours ago, Bopper said:

@plainguy If you can, get as many damage procs as you can into the power. In particular, Impeded Swiftness and Touch of Lady Grey.  @Redlynnemight be onto something. I just double checked the power descriptions and it shows the OilSlickOil pet only is boosted by Defense Debuff and Slow. Damage boosts aren't recognized until the oil is ignited (and the OilSlickBurn pet is created).

I am curious as to what your chat log will show prior to ignition and after ignition. 

Edit: This is what I suspect will happen:

OilSlickOil will last the entire 30 seconds, doing its slow and defense debuff effects. Upon cast, you will have an opportunity to proc any slow and defense debuff procs with a 15.3% probability to proc on each target. After initial cast, you will have 3 more opportunities (I think..maybe 2) at 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and 30 seconds (when the pet dies...this last one might not trigger).

When the OilSlick is ignited, it creates a new pet (separate from OilSlickOil) called OilSlickBurn. Upon ignition, an opportunity to proc your damage procs (Positron) will happen with a 15.3% probability, and subsequent proc opportunities will occur every 10 seconds thereafter until the oil slick dissipates. 

Good luck with your test. I'll be interested in the results.

This what pretty much happen.