Anyone have a Sonic/Cold Corruptor?

seaborndan

One of the main reasons why you are having trouble with finding a corruptors build for that pairing is that it will be much better on a defender. The defender gets -20% res powers opposed to the corruptors -15% res (for Sonic blast), also all of the cold powers and secondary powers will also use the higher modifiers. So, as much as I love Corruptors, in this case I would highly recommend a cold/Sonic defender over a Sonic/cold corruptor.

14 hours ago, seaborndan said:

Having the hardest time finding a Sonic/Cold Corruptor build.  Does anyone have one that is willing to share?
Thanks!

So, the base damage of the powers are at .75 for corruptors and .65 for defenders (with blasters being 1.00, for melee powers, as the base archetype we compare everything to). Then you multiply the sonic -res powers, you can keep up 3-4, so that's going to be .65x1.8=117 for the defender and .75x1.6=120 for the corruptor. Now we add in sleet and heat loss 117x1.6=187.2 and 120x1.54=184.8. So, the defender wins out by a slim margin in this case and they will have better defenses allowing you to softcap easier and get more procs/recharge in your build.

Edited by Darkir

Great!  Thanks for your help!
Problem is that I already have a Sonic/Cold Corruptor at level 43, and really don't want to start the toon over, and was hoping to see what someone with more knowledge in slotting would do with the sets.
So, I'll look over the Defender builds and see what compares.
Thanks again!

Edited by seaborndan