Grav/Energy

Snarky

I can't believe we are still discusing Defense softcap for Doms. Come on guys! You can have both things: permadom and softcap. 

Those numbers with 9% /6% defense... Is just suicidal. I wouldnt build a Dominator with those values at all. 

Some people loves medicine pool and it's cool if you handle not being interrupted. I would rather go always with Tough and Weave + Scorpion Shield or Frozen Armor. 

Dominators are not a tank but depending your power choices and playstyle you need to think where you will be standing when fights begins. For example: My Mind/Dark Dominator have  Ranged attacks mostly. So S/L defense softcap is not a priority but Ranged is. 

Totally different with my Dark/Rad Dom. He stands besides Tanks and it's a melee attacker. All defense you can get is important. 

People here in this forum is divided by Defense or not dominators. I'm in favor of Defense and always end these topics with the same argument: You can have all the recharge bonusses you want but that would not save you of being hitted and killed. Defense softcap will save you.

I should have a build in Mids for Grav/Energy. I will post it later. 

On 3/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, serxiom said:

Look how many times Thorn got hitted and had to pop inspirations.

While I have changed my views on focusing more on recharge and then add def, that first video was a bad example because he started off with an attack instead of a mezz move. 

I will say in my build instead of using a lot of set bonuses to get high diff I rely on powers to get me to a soft capped def. Just about every build I look at who tried to soft cap def I notice their end burn is ridiculously high and have powers activated they aren;t going to use in battle together. Like someone making a build with combat jump and hover activated with no end redux in them. Spreadsheet numbers look good until you put them in use,

As far as your dom I think you did fantastic on your build. We teamed together and both held our own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mbre2006 said:

While I have changed my views on focusing more on recharge and then add def, that first video was a bad example because he started off with an attack instead of a mezz move. 

I will say in my build instead of using a lot of set bonuses to get high diff I rely on powers to get me to a soft capped def. Just about every build I look at who tried to soft cap def I notice their end burn is ridiculously high and have powers activated they aren;t going to use in battle together. Like someone making a build with combat jump and hover activated with no end redux in them. Spreadsheet numbers look good until you put them in use,

As far as your dom I think you did fantastic on your build. We teamed together and both held our own. 

I agree with you... there is not just one way to make it work even we disagree about some def stuff. As i said... there is a "fine tunning" when you finish your builds. Already respected 3 times my Dark/Rad just to adjust some minor holes and after realize is a purely melee dom. I mean everyone will find they own way to succed with their builds. We all agree... permadom is a must. From there you can follow any route as you gain experience with your build.

We teamed together and both stand in their own feets very well. Thats enough probe for me to not discard any build without def.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mbre2006 said:

Thats a solid build and the end usage is great. I'm not happy you skipped the aoe immob but overall its a great build.

Im not happy with the inmob skip either but i didnt try it myself yet. Im asumming that whormholing NPCS will put them in range so you can just drop AoE without running after them. However it needs to be tested. Thanks!

4 hours ago, serxiom said:

Im not happy with the inmob skip either but i didnt try it myself yet. Im asumming that whormholing NPCS will put them in range so you can just drop AoE without running after them. However it needs to be tested. Thanks!

Wormhole is a great move, but man that cast time is ridiculous. I love using it on teams only because they laugh when i wormhole them on the ceiling and they fall down stunned. 

2 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

Wormhole is a great move, but man that cast time is ridiculous. I love using it on teams only because they laugh when i wormhole them on the ceiling and they fall down stunned. 

Try doing it from the top of a skyscraper and letting them rain onto the street below where 1 HP of damage can defeat them.  Extra bonus points if you can nail them with a Gravity Distortion Field before they fall out of range so you've done at least SOME damage to them and they "SPLAT!" on impact from falling damage because they aren't at full HP when they hit.

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 1 year later
On 12/4/2019 at 3:33 PM, SlimPickens said:

Im not sure why choosing perma dom and capped def is being argued as if you cant have both.

135% rech is overkill... perma hasten and perma dom with 110% rech and still have capped ranged/s/l/e on my dom.

You.Can.Have.Both.

Could you post that build?