New MM Primaries? What are your Ideas?

Drewbae

13 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

I just need the ability to change the size of minions. Please give me tiny bots. Oh it would be absolutely hilarious please give me a 2 foot tall assault bot. 

Now I want a 2 foot tall Assault Bot that looks like a CL4P-TP unit that's screaming at Jack he's totally going to teabag him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, biostem said:

They could start in jeans and perhaps matching t-shirts, then get upgraded to matching uniforms, then finally uniforms + masks + themed gloves/boots/maybe capes.

My thoughts exactly!!!!! ❤️

• Like 1

I wouldn't want replicas of existing enemy groups as pets. They'd have to be significantly nerfed from the real ones. Which would stick out like a sore thumb any time you fought the real ones. I know asking this group to make whole new models for a new pet set is a bit much though. *shrug*

Edited by Tubalcain

6 hours ago, RialVestro said:

I actually really like the idea of just turning existing NPC groups into MM pets. They already kinda work in the same way. 3 minions, 2 lieutenants, 1 boss. So you just pick the NPC group and T1 would summon three random minions from that group, T2, summons 2 random lieutenants, and T3 summons a random boss. Any time you zone with the pets active you could have different random pets.

Or maybe just select ones from the group who would always be the ones you summon. Maybe the upgrades could turn them into different NPCs from the same group like you could have one that starts as a fire mage and fully upgraded becomes a Behemoth Overlord.

I also think there should actually be a PPD skin for Thugs. The other pets I think could work either way but heroic Thugs never felt right to me so I think they should turn into cops whenever you switch sides.

Heroic Thugs, conceptually, could work in a scenario where the police themselves were the bad guys, or where the police were good guys but so overwhelmed they just couldn't handle crime in an area. And then you have a gang forming together saying "Ok, the police can't / won't protect you, so WE WILL.", dealing out Street Justice on an as-needed basis.  In the real world of course, any group that started out with such motives would probably become drunk on power and the notion of being answerable to no-one, and then becoming the very danger they tried to protect against. Human nature is a pain like that.

But... really.... in a city with 10,000+ superheroes and paramilitary groups like Longbow... it's a HECK of a lot harder to justify such a group forming.

6 hours ago, RialVestro said:

The thing is Thugs by definition are ALWAYS criminals. What you're describing are Vigilantes not Thugs. And considering we actually have a Vigilante alignment like that it could work for that specific alignment. As far as the police are concerned there's not really a difference between Vigilantes and Thugs even though one is trying to do good but is working outside the law to accomplish that. If the police are going to conflate the two as one thing anyway then it kinda makes sense for a team of Vigilantes to dress up like the very criminals they're trying to stop.

But a true Hero alignment Thug MM makes no sense.

Sure it does you just have to imagine it as like those biker gangs that show up to support molestation victims in court

Also I feel like your rules require heroes to be  lawful or neutral good only and as a chaotic good alignment in real life I take offense. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox

16 hours ago, RialVestro said:

if Vigilantes are working outside the law... why do they still have Paragon Hero I.D. cards? Shouldn't their legal status as a hero be revoked or something?

Well, Vigilante vs Hero is more a matter of the kind of solutions that the character uses when confronted with situations. Heck, there are some similar choices in Praetoria, do you Kill or Arrest the bad guy you just defeated? There is no indication that there is an in-game difference... if you have a Hero ID, you're a Hero even if your problem solving style is more to shoot them all and let the morgue sort them out, than "drag the unconscious bad guys out of the burning building".

Also: " The thing is Thugs by definition are ALWAYS criminals. "... Leaving the names aside, the mobs summoned could easily fit into many anti-hero groups in stories. Consider the Dirty Dozen, consider The Expendables, and many other movies featuring guys from the wrong side of the law fighting for truth, justice, and The American Way (tm) 😉

I see people talk about proliferating Illusion to Dominators, but I always thought it'd work pretty great as an MM primary.  The set would do a little higher damage than normal, and all the pets would have at least one attack with a chance to Confuse mixed in, balanced by being Psi damage, and partial "illusion" damage that healed back.

t1: Spectral Wounds - Low damage attack. More or less same as the controller version.

t2: Phantom Army - They'd have to be changed to take damage.  Like the original decoys, they might use random animations but be functionally the same.  Mostly melee with a default ranged attack for just in case (a la Ninjas)

t3: Blind - Mid damage attack.  Swap the Hold to a Sleep or a Stun, lest it be a little too strong, though, I suspect.

t4: Typical first upgrade

t5: Flash - PBAoE, like with Blind, change the Hold to a Sleep or Stun, add a small amount of damage to give it parity with other MM sets.

t6: Phantasm - For bit of a "special" mechanic here, the second Phantasm would still be an invincible decoy, but its "life" would be tied to the first Phantasm.  Ranged focus.

t7: Group Invisibility - Long duration click power that Hides and grants defense to the MM and all pets.  Pets attacking from Hidden status would do no extra damage, but their first hits would be able to apply a low magnitude Confuse.

t8: Spectral Terror - Same general look, but is mobile and can fly around now, and has both damage and controlling powers.  Ranged focus.

t9: Typical second upgrade

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 2

Love the illusion idea and superhero/elemental ideas.

I think even switching out the thugs like mentioned for police would be cool, I mean the sprites are available.

Thugs -> Policemen (or Longbow)

Enforcers -> Detectives

Bruiser -> General (skills may have to be changed a little, maybe to like mercenary's commando skillset?)

On 12/4/2019 at 2:22 AM, Demon Shell said:

Coralax set

Freakshow set

Knives of Artemis set

Maybe Outcast

Could probably get away with Midnighters

Basically some more CoH canon-linked options.

This would be my thinking as well. Just being realistic about the resources of the Homecoming devs I don't think we're going to get anything that's built from totally fresh models as MMs have gotten in the past. I think using existing villain groups for new MM sets (and attacks based off of some of the weapons/abilities those existing villains had) is going to be our best bet. 

Mutants:  Just oogy looking monster people with acid blood

T1:Spawn  Expendable meat

T2: Monstrosity: Tentacle beasts focused on CC effects

t3: Tyrant: Big beater, Causes terror on the battlefield(debuffs)

Upgrading them would 1: give them acid blood(splash damage) 2:Extra tentacles and other nastiness.

Knights: I Also would like to see this

t1:Squire: Broadsword/Shield defense style kit

t2:Paladin: Uses 2 handed weapon and a psuedo healer(thinking +regen over an actual heal)

t3:Seneshcal: Your black knight style big boy.

and to be a bit cheeky over all this I'd like to see mercs get a pass and it would be like getting a new primary

On 11/30/2019 at 1:23 PM, TheSpiritFox said:

3 Raptors, 2 Triceratops, 1 T rex. 

:Edit:
All realistic sizes to really make cave maps a living nightmare for everyone. 

Also I want a pet so big that it's melee attack has a 20 yard range. 

I put in a suggestion for a Saurian MM Primary on the NCSoft forums ages ago, May of 2006, I believe.

In short:

• 1) Thorny Assault - *copy/paste from Dominator/Thorny Assault w/o the spines animation. {Good for a basic starter attack, poisoned thorns imply your own affinity with the darker times of history}
  • 2) Dilophosaurus - You summon 1 to 3 of these relatively small, but poisonous Sauri to fight for you. {Initial Abilities include Spines/Barb Swipe, Combat Jumping. Boosted Abilities add Poisonous Vomit that does Toxic DoT, -Acc. Mutation adds Spines Lunge and Health}
  • 3) Impale - *copy/paste from Dominator/Thorny Assault w/o the spines animation.
  • 4) Boost Metabolism - You inject your Science Projects with a metabolism booster that improves their abilities. These improved abilities differ depending on the pet applied.
  • 5) Fling Thorns - *copy/paste from Dominator/Thorny Assault w/o the spines animation.
  • 6) Velociraptor - You summon 1 to 2 of these fast and deadly Sauri to fight for you. {Basic Abilities are Claws/Swipe and Combat Jumping; Boosted adds Claws/Slash and Leap Attack; Mutations adds Health, Claws/Focus, and Claws/Eviserate}
  • 7) Venison - Tosses nice raw venison to your Target, your pets have a 50% chance of being taunted to this target, any attack on this target by your pets will heal your pets. (Pet: Heal over Time)
  • 😎 Tyrannasaurus Rex - You summon the King of Lizards for your army. {Basic Abilities: Head Bash, Leadership/Assault, Presence/Challenge, Resist Physical Damage; Boosted Abilities: Dull Pain, Leg Gash, Charge attack; Mutated Abilities: Presence/Invoke Panic, Chomp (bites target, gets some health back), Health}
  • 9) Mutate Saurian - You inject dangerous mutagens vastly improving your little pets. The results will defer depending on the target.
  • Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

I personally would just love to have the ability to costume the pets.  For example dressing all of my thugs as PPD (linking Gang War with the chat emote "Call 911!") or making my undead into a pack of angry Carnival-o-shadows ..  I think such an addition would greatly open up mastermind concept options and roleplay.

Back in the day I saw someone who had completely scripted out the song YMCA by the village people and had it performed by their robots ...including breakaway solo... it was hilarious and amazing (and far to intricate and dizzying even to comprehend his scripting) .. But I always imagined that being performed by appropriately dressed skuls..  >.>

I already spend hours costuming, and that is the only down side I really see...but I SOOo would happily take the time to fashionista my mob.

@ Jenn  on Indomitable

ps

I Love the doppleganger idea!!

Edited by .Nyx.

Dinosaurs;

T1 Velociraptors

T2 Triceratops (defensive pets)

T Rex

plus a few other support mechanisms such as knockdown from their stompy actions and also swampy type slows etc.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Drones:

T1: Pistol Shot - a single shot from a pistol (a la Duel Pistols single shot )

T2: Laser Drones : 3 Drones armed with lasers fly into the fight and start zapping the designated target

T3: Empty clip - rapid fire from your pistol

T4: Stun grenade (power already exists in game, stuns opponents in an AoE)

T5: Upgrade Drone - enables your drones to fly faster, do more damage and improves their defence.

T6: Machine Gun Drones (similar to the Malta power) two gatling gun drones fly into the fray unleashing a shed load of smashing damage

T7: Improved Ammo: Upgrade the ammunition of your MG drones to different types of ammo, depending on type you want to use. 3 Types available: Explosive, AP and Incendiary (not unlike the DP options with a similar mechanic)

T8: Aerial Cannon: A large calibre, heavy damage flying cannon. It has a slow rate of fire but deals massive damage that can stun and/or knock down your target

T9: Ugrade AC: Increase the range and damge of AC and includes an AoE stun because of it's high explosive radius.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

A bit tongue in cheek here.

Entranced super heroes (or maybe Outcasts reforming for the Hero side, the MM cheering them on)

Attack powers are from the psychic blast set for animations. (Psionic Dart level 1, Mental blast level 2, Telekinetic blast level  8 )

1st tier: Summon Rookies; one fire/fire blaster, Level 6: one martial arts/super reflex scrapper, Level 18: Empathy/Rad defender

2nd tier: Summon Trendsetters: Level 12: AR/Devices blaster, targeting drone and snipes primarily.  Level 24: Ice Armor/Titan Weapons tank

3rd tier: Summon Task Force Commander: Peacebringer that transits forms based on MM health level and whether aggressive or passive/defensive as a gimmick. (Nova/human for aggressive, human/dwarf for defensive, health threshold TBD)

Costumes will be random selection on summon but within a specific easily distinguishable color scheme for each item, matching traditional (first Rookie is red/orange, Task Force Commander white/gold) depictions of power sets.

Henchmen upgrade powers: 

1: Security Authorization: Grants everyone capes and higher tier powers.

2: Vanguard Membership: Grants aura effects and AOE capabilities.

Level 18 'flavor' power:  Heartfelt Inspiration - gives single pet equivalent of 'level up' buff Inspirations.

Edited by tremor3258
extra emoji

As a new Mastermind I'll see:

Winter horde : Henchmen exist in the game and so do powers.
So nothing to create ;). (https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Winter_Horde)
We could also have henchmen like the Hellfrost (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/paragon/images/2/25/Circle_Of_Thorns_Hellfrost_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060708131752) but why not also be able to choose from all the ice henchmen in the game.
That mixed with the cold control of the Controller/Dominator/blaster would make a nice mastermind.

Plants : this is the same as nothing to create. Just use the Devouring Earth (https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Devouring_Earth). But there as they are numerous the player could have the choice to choose his henchmen. Then the powers would always be the same it would just be the skin that changes. So we could have 6 henchmen who are the same mushroom, the same tree or whatever we want BUT with the powers that go with his level. For example the first 3 henchmen would have powers of this level (no matter what their skin is), the next two would be the same and the boss would be the same.
That way each day would have its own mastermind. Mixed with poison/Thorny Assault/Plant Control/Nature affinity it would make a great mastermind.

Animals : Well that would be a modification...I think it's a sad choice.
3 wolves, 2 lionesses and a giant ice wolf. 5 animals are normal and the sixth doesn't even exist... This character deserves a large choice of animals like the mastermind plants proposed above. Those that already exist but also gorillas, hyenas, bears, ravens (I confess that a mastermind with only ravens as henchmen would be a dream lol), birds in short full of animals and be able to choose as he wishes.

Self-Replication : As already proposed by another player that would be really cool 🙂 (https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Self-Replication) 

Sandmen : Like Marvel's character, there we could create sandmen (http://snikt-and-bamf.wifeo.com/images/h/hom/Homme-Sable-l.jpg) We would also need to create a secondary line of powers to go with it.
So we could make humanoid forms (http://www.teslogos.com/figurine_homme_de_sable_spiderman.html).
After the line could be duplicated to make a mastermind watermen ;).

Fairies : When I say Fairies I mean fairy/legendary creatures present in the game.
For example: Coralax, Red caps, snakes, Fir bolg, spectral pirates, Ghosts, Trolls, Dannan Tuatha, Hydra, Wailers and Werewolves.
There are also the little fart fairies you can have in the game. You can also use these to create a mastermind.

Extraterrestrials : Why not use the game again using what's in it?
For example: Shivans, Lanaruu, Rularuu, Rikti etc...

To finish the "garbage mastermind" lol.
Just use the Slag Golems… 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Blyzzard

007: A James Bond Mastermind

For Your Eyes Only

T1 Miss Moneypenny: Bond recieves a call telling him that M is very unhappy with him currently. -20% defence proc to Bond for 120 seconds but it does give a plain ticket to an exotic location (ie a mission transporter with a lifespan of 30 minutes*

T2 The Bond Girls A beautiful trio of young ladies appear, dressed variously in bikinis, cocktail dresses and cat suits, and attack the opposition. One is armed with knives, another is an expert at kung fu and other martial arts and the third has a machine gun

T3 Q's latest Gadget: Q arrives (in his lab coat) and with the words "Now, pay attention 007" he throws a grenade at the enemy, which has a random effect that can vary from KB to explosion to massive knock up etc etc. Q then departs with the words "I never joke about my work"

T4 Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang; Bond kisses the girls and they are upgraded to be twice as effective as previously

T5 "Live and Let Die" Bond is equipped with a Walther PPK. A highly damaging ST pistol shot with +75% to hit bonus & +20% range (Bond never misses)

T6 Shaken, not stirred; Two Vodka Martinis appear. Every attack they have a chance to confuse, stun and disorient the opposition and have a substantial -to hit secondary effect

T7 Heads Up: As the stakes increase, Bond gambles everything and flips coins or rolls dice and turns over cards. His Martinis are upgraded to add a -Def component to their attacks and increase +Res to all attacks

T8 This Never Happened to the Other Fella: An Aston Martin DB5 arrives on the scene. It is armed with Rockets, Machine Guns and oil spray that knocks up opponents.

T9 "Nobody Does it Better" The Aston is upgraded with bullet proof armour, fog emitters (-to hit for enemies) and an ejector seat. The DB5 prefers to fight at range but when in melee range it has a Mag 100 knockback proc that fires every 40 seconds and can even knock back AVs doing damage and stuns.

* Nobody ever actually takes this power but it always seems to happen anyway.

It's interesting that they have a fix for Phantom Army that allows you to change its graphics to be a copy of your character.
It opens up the idea of a Duplication Mastermind to seem quite possible, now.
Maybe even two Duplication sets... one like Ninjas based on melee attacks (and with melee attacks for the MM so that they all act similarly), and one based on Illusion and with ranged attacks.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Coyote said:

It's interesting that they have a fix for Phantom Army that allows you to change its graphics to be a copy of your character.
It opens up the idea of a Duplication Mastermind to seem quite possible, now.
Maybe even two Duplication sets... one like Ninjas based on melee attacks (and with melee attacks for the MM so that they all act similarly), and one based on Illusion and with ranged attacks.

Whoa..wait whut! Where is this at?

Everyone loves the Time Gladiator mission, right? Gladiators would be a really great fit for Masterminds, so I came up with this concept. I don't have numbers for anything, but feedback is welcome and encouraged. :)

Time Gladiators

“You summon forth warriors from the depths of time and the far future to fight under your command. Time Gladiators have a variety of training and fighting styles to counter nearly every situation and can be improved with additional armor and abilities.”

Features a crossbow as a primary attack -  could customize from wrist crossbow or full size crossbow.

T1 - Crossbow Shot: Ranged, Minor Damage (Lethal)

T2 - Summon Warriors: Summon 1-3 Warriors

Calls forth one to three Warriors (depending on your level) to fight for your glory. These warriors will be a Samurai, a Viking, and a Cowboy.

Samurai - Katana, Invuln.

Viking - Battle Axe, Shield

Cowboy - Dual Pistols, Frag Grenade (dynamite)

T3 - Crossbow Volley: Ranged (Cone) Moderate Damage (Lethal)

T4 - Armorer: Ranged, Train Time Gladiators

Upgrades armor for smashing and lethal resistance and unlocks additional abilities.

T5 - Exploding Bolt: Ranged, Area of Effect, Lethal, Foe Knockdown

T6 - Summon Challengers: Summon 1-2 Challengers

You summon two powerful Challengers to fight for your glory; a cyborg from the future and a Falconeer from the Roman Empire. These Challengers have various buffing abilities and can do various forms of damage. 

Cyborg - Nano Heal (single target heal over time) + Recov, Pulse Rifle Blast, Seeker Drones (?)

Falconeer - Call hawk, Caltrops (?), Call ravens, Tactics

T7 - Rally Gladiators: Toggle PBAoE Henchmen, +Dam, +Res for every foe defeated. Stack to 6

T8 - Summon Mecha Champion: Summon 1 Mecha Champion

You summon an incredibly powerful robotic mecha champion from the future. This champion is massive and uses energy fusion attacks to obliterate foes. You can only summon 1 at a time.

Mecha Champion - Fusion Smash, Fusion Crush, Fusion Blast, Earthshaker, Grant Force Field, Invuln. (See Gotterdammerung from Summer Blockbuster event. This is a less powerful inspiration. Could also use Titan Weapons, and Invuln as well.)

T9 - Pollice Verso: Ranged, Single Target Train Time Gladiator.

You single out a gladiator of your choosing - This gladiator gains resistance to mez effects, increased accuracy, and a recharge and speed boost to all attacks, and gains a taunt aura. Depending on the gladiator, if the gladiator falls in battle, the Mastermind and all summoned henchmen gain this effect: T2 Henchmen, +Resistance + Recovery, T6 Henchmen, + Dam, + Acc, or T8 Henchmen, +Heal +Resist Mez +Def +Recharge.

• Like 2

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

Just brainstorming here, but since many of the MM sets pair nicely with similarly themed secondary ones, what about this:

Temporal Mastery:

1. Chronoton Blast: You project a narrow beam of disruptive time, which cases minor energy damage and both slows and reduces the defense of the target.

2. Summon Minor Temporal Echo: You pull a lesser warrior from some point in time to fight for you.  These would be kind of like the Banished Panteon husks, in that their appearance could range from age of sail/colonial-era musket users to sci-fi soldiers, wielding basic ranged weapons and with minor s/l resistances.

3. Chronometric Disruptor: A more powerful time disruption beam attack.

4. Stabilize Echo: 1st upgrade power.

5. Tachyon Wave:  A cone attack with properties similar to Chronoton Blast and Chronometric Disruptor, with an added chance at knocking down the targets.

6. Summon Greater Temporal Echo:  You call forth a stronger warrior from out-of-time.  The first of these summoned would utilize energy-based attacks, but could vary in appearance from a wizard to a cyborg.  The second would be similar, but utilize negative energy/darkness abilities.

7. Temporal Storm:  This would be a location-based power which could randomly freeze enemies, fling them into the air, or pin them in place.  Enemies passing through this region are also slowed, have their regen debuffed, and take energy damage over time.

8. Masterful Temporal Echo:  You rip a champion out of time, in order to aid your cause.  These warriors all posses enhanced strength and durability but could vary greatly in appearance.  For this power, I was thinking it'd be awesome if you could randomly summon a signature hero or villain that use super strength.  Since these are mere "echos" of the true character they're based on, they wouldn't posses their full range of powers, so you could call Statesman, Lord Recluse, Back Alley Brawler, Black Scorpion, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1