Thankful for...

Christopher Robin

In whatever way you celebrate, I hope you have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season. zb7XgP0P_o.png

For me, family and friends both online and IRL and of course, the chance to once again fly the skies of Paragon City.

To the homecoming team/staff and all who had a part in making this a reality for us, thank you!

It's good to be back home again. E9rkOkuW_o.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I am thankful for the friends, and family in my life. 

I am also very thankful to be back in Paragon City, and for that feeling of confidence that it will be there waiting for me any time I can find the time.  This has been an unbelievable year for the game, and the community.  I hope to see things continue on the course that has been set, and thrive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

5 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

what holiday season????

I'll do you one better... where holiday season??? 07K1tHnz_o.png

Junehem

Phew! Because I would hate to show up to a

party wearing the same Oeuvre

as someone else!

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

There holiday season!

There castle!

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Whoa... holiday season!!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've never understood why you have Thanksgiving so close to Christmas. Then again America goes big on everything even when the rest of the world is scratching its head in puzzlement. Its strange for a country with so many holidays to have so little holiday entitlement. But I suppose every country has its foibles. Enjoy your Turkey worship and think about the homeless and poor who can't afford a sandwich.

15 minutes ago, Securityuniform said:

I've never understood why you have Thanksgiving so close to Christmas. Then again America goes big on everything even when the rest of the world is scratching its head in puzzlement. Its strange for a country with so many holidays to have so little holiday entitlement. But I suppose every country has its foibles. Enjoy your Turkey worship and think about the homeless and poor who can't afford a sandwich.

As many other celebrations, there's history behind, which usually suffers alterations as time goes by. I'm no expert, but the origin of "thanksgiving" was a way of celebrating and giving thanks for successful crop harvests, especially after periods of scarcity.

It has nothing to do with turkeys or family, but with survival.

• Like 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

The unfortunate part of our American holiday season, is that, to the world it appears that it's all about the commercial aspect.  The shopping, the eating, the unadulterated consumption.  However, this time of year is also when our charitable efforts are at their highest levels of the year.  A lot of people realize that "Thanksgiving" also means helping in some way for those who cannot do for themselves, and the Christmas season is not one necessarily of self.  Our philanthropic impulses peak at this time of year, and the mechanisms that allow us to easily donate in many ways, are in full swing, and do a lot of good.  Granted, it should be a year-around thing, and we need to do better as a society.  But, this time of year does bring us a little closer to that high ideal.

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!