Patch Notes for November 29th, 2019

The Curator

I absolutely LOVE that certain powers throw presents now instead of other things (chunks of concrete, etc).  I wish there was an option to keep this effect!

Are there presents in EVERY zone, just non-hazard zones, or...?
(I was wondering yesterday if there were presents in Dark Astoria.  I looked around for a little bit, but didn't see any.)

• Like 1

First of all, Thanks So Much for the Winter Event -- one of my favorite parts of the game!  😄

However -- 
I'm noticing that after two full days of holiday gift box hunting, while I'm getting "Mystery Gifts" (which are for my characters to open), and "Presents" which appear in the Inspiration screen and give things like "Power Boost" --  I'm not seeing that I'm getting "Holiday Cheer" gifts - the kind you can give to other players, the kind that give THEM things like Snowball, Flying Disc, the Jingle Jet, etc.

Are the "Holiday Cheer" gifts no longer available in the Winter Event, or am I missing something about how to collect them to give to others?

Edited by McCavity

Anyone else complete the BNY mish with a villain and then have Father Time try to introduce that villain to a new contact...on blueside?  He's trying to give my villain Percy Winkley or Janet Kellum at the moment.  This is a villain who has never changed alignment.

2 hours ago, Cinnder said:

Anyone else complete the BNY mish with a villain and then have Father Time try to introduce that villain to a new contact...on blueside?  He's trying to give my villain Percy Winkley or Janet Kellum at the moment.  This is a villain who has never changed alignment.

He introduced to someone else in mycase on redside.Cant find him on either contacts or map.

1 hour ago, Cinnder said:

Same here. I chose Percy. Not a major issue to me, as it was my badger, who's Rogue, and eventually going Blue for completion.

Death is the best debuff.

The Winter event has always spawned mobs that may be +1 to a zone's min, they may be +9 to the zone min.

They may be dependent on the specific neighborhood.  In PI I've gotten 47+ closer to Portal Corp, 41ish around the ferry.

The size is definitely team dependent.  If you're not prepared to deal with mobs at the upper level of a zone for whatever size your team is on, then don't click.

4 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

The Winter event has always spawned mobs that may be +1 to a zone's min, they may be +9 to the zone min.

From what I remember from the events on live, the snowmen spawn within the level range of the zone where the present is, and the spawn size and composition depends on the size of the team you're on when you get a 'Naughty' result.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:50 AM, RialVestro said:

There actually already were snow items that you can place in the base. I've already decorated my base with it... The down side is it also snows INSIDE the base not just outside but I plan on removing the snow after the winter event anyway,

Literally... 5 items. 3 under "snow" and 2 under "winter". Hardly sufficient!

• 2 weeks later

Yay!  No problems that I've noticed!  Well, except that I'm jealous of Ms. Liberty's costume!  Fix it!  Lol!

Plenty of beautiful changes!  Thank you!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 2 weeks later
  • Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • 3 months later
On 12/2/2019 at 2:35 AM, RialVestro said:

You act like that's nothing though. And the request was just for snow which as I pointed out already exists. If you want something more than what is already in the game you need to be more specific with your requests than just asking for something generic that already exists.

You want specificity?

Snow patches similar to the grass that can cover large sections of area. Complete with 'crunch' to mimic walking. Ice on water to mimic the frozen lakes in the NYE missions. Including the ability to 'ski' on them, along with sound effects. Mounds and hills to mimic snow piles.

Christmas trees with stars/angels on top, ornaments and multiple color lights. Available in differing sizes. Presents to go under the trees. Toys/dolls for under the trees. Garlands and wreaths for the walls. Sleighs that can be attached with reindeers.

Tables and chairs set for Christmas dinner. Turkey with gravy and dressing. Dishes filled with vegetables and sides for holidays. Table place settings for holidays.

The ability to color coordinate all of them.

Hell, they let us make costumes that are winter/holiday appearance. Let's take it the next step and really have a winter wonderland inside our SG bases. 😄

Specific enough for you?