Winter Superpack - Boom or Bust?

Troyusrex

3 hours ago, Gremlin said:

FWIW I bought a stack of 10 Winter Packs on Saturday. I sold everything without converting or creating any superiors. The average value of each pack after sales tax was a little under 26 million. That would have been an excellent return if I'd bought them for 10 mm but I didn't!

Did you dump them on the AH at Sell it NAO prices, or did you offer at higher prices?  Just curious.

Who run Bartertown?

44 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Did you dump them on the AH at Sell it NAO prices, or did you offer at higher prices?  Just curious.

I aimed for the top end of the last 5. In practice that meant that I sold all 12 enhancements for 20 million.  One or two went for 1 million more or less. They sold in less than 24 hours over a weekend.

I'm not familiar with the Winter Set market so I've no idea how typical these prices are.

4 hours ago, Gremlin said:

FWIW I bought a stack of 10 Winter Packs on Saturday. I sold everything without converting or creating any superiors. The average value of each pack after sales tax was a little under 26 million. That would have been an excellent return if I'd bought them for 10 mm but I didn't!

So people are paying you 1 million inf to open the pack and keep all the non-ATO goodies!

The Winter IOs, especially the high selling ones Targeted AOE and PBAOE seem to have settled into 20-22 million range.  Others (melee, ranged, etc) are even lower.

1.2 (IO/pack)  x  0.9 (AH fees)  x  22 million revenue = 23.76 million revenue after all converting is done (not including cost of converters)

If people were buying Winter Lord packs and selling, the break even cost is:

25 million revenue = 1.2 (IO/pack)  x  0.9 (AH fees)  x  Selling amount.  Selling amount = 23.14 million (not including cost of converters).

However, the inventory of Winter IOs is not lacking.  I conjecture either people are selling from 1) Merits,  2) Left over Winter Lord Packs from Xmas (now decreased in value),  or 3) They don't know what they're doing.  It is my understanding that people are converting Merits --> Winter IOs.

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

So people are paying you 1 million inf to open the pack and keep all the non-ATO goodies!

Not quite. The 1 million profit included selling everything except the weird temp powers.

Hero packs on the other hand...