mapserver connection issues

Kar-ine

Somewhat simpler than using a VPN would be to Change your connection speed. If your Nid on your computer is set to 1000base ( GiG ) and you are running over Cat5 Cable or Wireless you can experience some weird connection issues if your Router/ Switch is GiG. The card sees the R/S and sets itself to GiG, only the cable is not capable of supporting GiG, so the undocumented packet loss causes all sort of problems. To test this as a possibility, Manually lock your connection speed to 100base, then try running it, it should run more smoothly. If you are on wireless this may also help. Upgrading to Cat6 or installing a wired connection instead of wireless can have a huge impact on gaming connectivity.

Just a thought. There is a very small number of people having these issues, so the culprit is probably something relatively unique to your install or network. It's just a matter of isolating it.

PS ( A steaming file such as Music or Video are not going to help diagnose the issue as they are Buffered, or loaded ahead of viewing and can request missing data. CoX requires a consistent Real Time connection to function properly )

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

A little aside related to one of the comments.

Windows 10 had a change a while back that turned "Shutdown" into "Hibernate...sorta". The effect is that it still retains any garbage that was in memory from the day(s) before. You can tell the difference between a 'modern' "Shutdown" and "Restart" now because the latter truly shuts the device off and usually cleans up the RAM contents (but not as much as draining the DIMMs of course). I'm sure there's a cleaner/better explanation, but that's my observations as I've had to disable Hibernation altogether in order to get a true "Shutdown" on Win10 devices.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)