Custom Action Figure: Kallisti Gold

Kallisti

Kallisti Gold was the first character I created on live, my first 50 and the first I recreated on Homecoming. She's always been an Energy/Elec blaster and I've had a couple of commissioned artworks made of her over the years. My favourite outfit for her is one that I put together since HC started, using the established design of the uniform from my old SG on live , Legion of Valor. So her outfit looks like this:

2019-09-05_191732.jpg

and here she is as an action figure:

DSC_3467.JPG

DSC_3468.JPG

DSC_3469.JPG

There are a couple of slight issues with the figure: the hair isn't quite long enough, the shoulders aren't quite right and had problems with fixing the back foot to the base - you can see some glue residue, in fact just after being photographed, she toppled over and tehre wasn't a single drink in sight! This was adapted from an Emma Frost figure fromt he Marvel Legends range 

emmafrostfigure.jpg

Which I repainted using Alclad II metallic paints, then scratch built the bunny ears from Milliput, the cloak from lead foil and the belt from flexible masking tape.  I scratch built the base from a piece of MDF with some textured plastic card over the top, painted ans weathered to look like an old factory floor surface.

DSC_3266.JPG

The pose I put her in is the one she uses to cast her Energy Blast power. I tried to put her into the snipe pose, but the joints don't have enough mobility in them to get it to look right.

(Edit: She's also one of the characters in Brigg's Comic Con farm missions. so wave hi before you kill her again!)

Edited by kallistiuk
  • Like 14

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

Sweet! The metal painting came out pretty nice. Interesting idea for the belt material too.

I was guessing Sue Storm until I scrolled down and saw what model she is based on.

Emma Frost didn't occur to me but the splayed fingers make more sense now.

Any chance you would put some of the commissioned art

pieces of her up in Art Talk or Comm Sharing threads?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Oh dear, I have discovered a problem with the figure now she's been standing on the shelf for a couple of weeks - the plastic of the legs isn't very strong and she's slowly sinking over to the side as the front leg is slowly deforming under the weight. Look like I might have to change the pose to distribute the weight more evenly 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

• 3 months later
On 12/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Very cool!  I wish we could get 3D models printed of our characters

spacer.pngspacer.png

several hurdles to overcome for that.  

1: client is no longer compatible with OGLE capture method.

2: printing funds require a MEGA jump start. 

3: enough of the player base needs to show dedicated interest.

4: No more dead end print jobs, I.E.: someone says they want it, then they *disappear* after the job is done and the funds go with them. (yeah. THAT happens)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

Aurora.jpg

Edited by Mr.Hassenpheffer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr.Hassenpheffer said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

several hurdles to overcome for that.  

1: client is no longer compatible with OGLE capture method.

2: printing funds require a MEGA jump start. 

3: enough of the player base needs to show dedicated interest.

4: No more dead end print jobs, I.E.: someone says they want it, then they *disappear* after the job is done and the funds go with them. (yeah. THAT happens)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

Gameprint does this for Star Trek Online.  You are paying in advance, so there is no ordering prints and then not paying for them.  Enough of the player base there is interested and has purchased prints of their ships.  Quite a lot of people have been asking for this to be expanded to characters as well.

• Confused 1