Katana Secondary

shaggy

What's a good secondary to pair with Katana? I'm going to be mostly running in teams so I'd like something that helps with my DPS since personal survivability shouldn't be as much of a problem. I had a Katana/Regen back in the day that I loved but Regen seems pretty lackluster right now.

Katana is a pretty solid set so it's not like you need something to cover for it. When you're talking about getting DPS from your scrapper secondary all I can really think of is "set with damage aura" basically.

So here's a few thoughts:

- Willpower has basically replaced Regeneration for that type of build. It trades off some regen for some layered defense and resistance. For a lot of us, WP is Regen 2.0. It won't add dps directly but as another viable set with Quick Recovery you can really go ham without ever worrying about end. Just mentioning because of your previous Regen experience.

- Radiation Armor is the new hotness. It's actually a little weak on smashing/lethal so Tough and Weave will likely need to be in your build (and that's coming from me, the person who rolls his eyes when controllers and blasters take Fighting) and has a hole to Cold (Lady Winter, OUCH), but actually resists Toxic and has some Psi coverage. It has a really interesting Taunt Aura with -def and -tohit in it. Softening up your foes will help DPS. It also has a health sucking power that does a little damage and -regen to foes. Notably the Tier 9 is a damage boost instead of a summary-of-defenses type power. I've currently got a Dual Blades / Radiation Armor scrapper going and it's very enjoyable. 

- Dark Armor is the classic high self-sustain, high damage, goodbye my end bar set.  It's got both a damage and fear toggle but it's costly to run, expect to buy recovery IOs to boost what stamina can gives you. Great for soloing maybe too much for a team most of the time character.

- Electric Armor is a favorite of mine and it does have a damage aura. It's resist based so normally needs defense building, may be a good choice for regular teaming especially if you know you're getting defense buffs.

- Fiery Aura has Fiery Embrace, though it does a lot less damage buff to non-fire attacks. Probably better saved for a concept build.

- Bio Armor has Adaptation which is basically a stance select and it impacts how some of your other powers function, I think. You can toggle into a defense up damage down stance, or a damage up defense down stance, or an endurance conservation stance. Some people get kind of peeved when they have seen the actual numbers from the penalties but others just love it. 

Of these all I'd actually recommend Radiation Armor myself. I've customized the colors to represent something other than radiation and it just really WORKS for me, you know?

• Like 4

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

If you want more damage I'd say bio.  I've heard good things about radiation as well, including the above post, but can't get past the graphics of the radiation set myself, even with it darker colored.  That'd be the warning I'd have about bio to a degree as well.  It also has somewhat "obnoxious" graphical fx to them, although a lot of bio armor's can be toned down with a Minimal fx option (which radiation armor bizarrely lacks as an option).  However, the bio damage aura and its adaptation stances fx will still be there.  If that is a concern for you or for a concept you might want to look at which one works better for you in that regard.  

11 minutes ago, Xeres said:

I would say fire as Katana is a pretty end light set.  The only thing to worry about IMO is Knockdown and Immobilize I think /Fire has those holes.

Fire doesn't have an immobilize hole, it just has a weird way on dealing with it: Burn gives you Immob protection for a while when you cast it (and will break existing immobs if you're already affected by one).

You can also use Combat Jumping to prevent Immobilize and Acrobatics to avoid KD if you want.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, Erydanus said:

- Fiery Aura has Fiery Embrace, though it does a lot less damage buff to non-fire attacks. Probably better saved for a concept build.

Why not talk about burn? If on a team with a tank, brute or a troller/dom you don't have to worry about runners. Burn will add tons of AoE damage. Kat will give fire +def which will help. 

I say go kat/fire. 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

i have a kat/ninj scrapper but im finding im in trouble with end. i like the concept of the sets but im not sure it will work in the end. Maybe you all have some pointers on how to expand my endurance.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Uriah Heep: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(7), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11)
Level 2: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(13), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def(23)
Level 8: Flashing Steel -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg(A), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Obl-%Dam(27)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 12: Recall Friend -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(33)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Ags-ResDam(37), Ags-Psi/Status(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Soaring Dragon -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 30: Build Up -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 32: Golden Dragonfly -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(45)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-%ToHit(46)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Blinding Powder -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-%ToHit(50)
Level 47: Kuji-In Retsu -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Summon Widow -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(19)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1480;680;1360;HEX;|
|78DA6594D94F135114C6EFB4530BEDB474A14229C8A265B5632BF8EC83B8B2042DF|
|8E056AEE542079AE9643A24FAE8BBD1044C7C11977FC0BFCB98B8246AA22FD6C39C|
|8F42EC04F29BF9CEF9CEB96B979ECC1B1FAF3FBB2CB4F895BA6C362BE5AA2B1D47B|
|9E165E9EDBAB22EE889ACB996AC8DDC50CA09D367E628A7B2A4EA4A990BD293B6CC|
|B6D579B5A9ECA632972D7BDBF29ABBC99B764DB9CAF6CCA3979E9546A36E2E2AB9A|
|1DC66CD7252FEF72A55731AAE273DAB61C77CE99AB555F32C7B2BE27F951DA536B2|
|571DAB6A963D59DFA15EE5C66EBDB2249B9E729FF6D3D8F2F4FFFC7090FED30A897|
|B84095D04EE830F98FA43F011F35485199A226AF026E8A544B124B32B05A699910C|
|B810E43CF26AF06AF01AF01AF0C6E18DC39BF8C1DE248D39C85E1184374CF542AC0|
|54211D67A63CCD371E60BF2F1745B7AD8111CF398FD7F03CC16734070AF2EAADBED|
|0FB4A575CF70EE0098A76251AE27A239CE0F9016634D8BAD735EAACAECA65A3D88F|
|5EC739FDE3DE61EF992D887E4BAEE6B6724F818AC32473640C58C50DD34D6327D9B|
|E73A7287395A0657C135E6D9BBCC20F5CDC09BE9A397218AF58345CE39370BCE819|
|7983A79FBD81BECC31E0DF682D89771ECE93EE56631BFEC26AFC7F81658634E58E0|
|36B8C38CD2FC72DC47CF5DE4759EFA09FE027F33A7FF305F52BF219C91A1035AE3B|
|42E5E91368C310CBFE1B59B3E00DF32CFBF03DF831F9863E41DE37ADA18F6BF007E|
|A29679C4F25DDCBF60307F1B424CE2CC4DC6795D0B389F17A2A001E2BC1A34DF19D|
|49B41BD12EAC52866E20C99E85F023F534A11B1E27FB141BD7DCFE98F1E31ACB76F|
|6F6BBA235AEC504A1DCA6C8732D7A12C1E77A18BC4677D4587449A96C3DD4888C31|
|BE78FE64BA4FDDB20B402C7BF1D6B9A764BF37F7F12A3BC265F4FE64F72FEF793F9|
|B863A9D7CC7F58B6D377|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
Edited by the mauler
add

Honestly I would say that Kat/EnA is probably the best.  EnA has a self heal and end gain.  Kat gives you +Def with Divine Avalanche.  Also if you go with Body Mastery and get Physical Perfection and use the Miracle and Numina Proc you will never have to worry about Endurance again.  EnA also gives you a Toggle Status Protection.  Really can see no wrong with running Kat/EnA.

Throwing my hat into the ring for Ninjitsu. 

Really liking my Kat/Nin.  Shinobi-Iri + Ninja Running is perfect for getting around the city without a traditional travel power.  It's super fast, and it has stealth built into it as well.  If Willpower is Regen 2.0, then Ninjitsu is Super Reflexes 2.0.  Scrapper Ninjitsu is much improved over the Stalker version.  In addition to the movement and stealth of Shinobi, you also get an endurance "heal" and passive power that completely patches the Knockback hole.  (It's also a good mule for resistance uniques.)  Pick up Weapon Mastery and go full Ninja Gaiden.  Perfect theme for natural origin. 

• Like 2

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, the mauler said:

i have a kat/ninj scrapper but im finding im in trouble with end. i like the concept of the sets but im not sure it will work in the end. Maybe you all have some pointers on how to expand my endurance.

Well I uh, wrote a really huge post and the website simply erased it when I went to post it.  I mean 40 minuts PFFT.  So please excuse that what I write now is just a super quick summary without as much detail as I would like.

- the build overall looks pretty good to me but I can see you might just chew through your endurance fast because it looks like a really fast build; you definitely are not having toggle-related issues.

- I am suspecting the culprit might be Moonbeam because it looks like you spam it at full cost trying to get the tohit proc in it to fire. It's 17 end and you didn't even slot it for damage, that will add up.

- it does look like you're throwing everything and the kitchen sink into accuracy buffs in this build. Most of your attacks are well-slotted for accuracy but you have a 40% accuracy buff and multiple tohit procs. Maybe it would be better to even out the accuracy slotting in your powers and trade some accuracy buffs for global endurance reduction buffs, if that's possible. For that matter you're over the softcap on all 3 positional defenses (before using Shadow Meld...!) so some tuning could stand to happen.

The attack with the lowest accuracy is Sting of the Wasp and I don't like the slotting in it TBH. I thought you were going for the 6 piece Touch of Death bonus, but with your defense bonuses you don't need to make this choice; maybe just do something else here. I wouldn't actually proc either this or Flashing Steel because your recharge is so low the procs probably never fire so potentially some slots could be freed up. If you do end up juggling your build around, consider adding Scrapper's Strike to your build and splitting it in two: the 3 piece bonus is melee, smashing, and lethal defense and if its the superior version that's 10% S/L and 5% melee total.  Just mentioning this as possible wiggle room in your build, since you're over cap. (I'd replace Obliterate in Flashing Steel with the 3 pieces that match what's there and put the other 3 in Sting, and then fill with a couple crushing impact up to numbers you like, this should free up at least 1 slot for an end reducer on Moonbeam and swap out a proc unlikely to ever fire with a global 5% crit chance increase.) It does look like you are pushing hard for those global recharge bonuses, Scrapper's Strike gets a big one at 5 pieces (8.75% or 10% if Superior), so again, maybe this is something that can provide you some elastic in adjusting your build.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Divine Avalanche gives a 15% buff to melee defense when it hits.  Pairs well with Super Reflexes (and Ninjitsu along with other defense sets).  It's on the radar for my next project as a matter of fact: Katana/SR Scrapper.  I don't typically like weapons on my characters but I'm going to give it a shot.

The mission tests they're doing/have done mentioned in the Scrapper forum have pretty much confirmed Katana is a top performing Scrapper Primary.  This is what peaked my interest along with SR being my best buddy. 

Edited by tafilr

Just to reinforce KA/SR symbiance, found out that Divine Avalanche stacks up to twice.  So there's a level 9 Scrapper running around on Torchbearer/Kings Row right now that's at the melee defense soft cap of 45%.

image.thumb.png.b17cbde406cb066baaff7ff4416b1d06.png

Edited by tafilr

I had wanted to post into this thread but decided against it out of concerns about thread-jacking. 

I would, however, welcome review from responders in this thread.

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

FWIW, I got my Psionic Melee/Ninjitsu scrapper up to 50. Endurance problems the whole way. Once I slotted out with my sets and as I added a couple of Incarnate powers, the Endurance problems mostly went away. I still have to use Seishinteki Kyoyo (+END) pretty regularly, but it recharges about every 20 seconds, so it's always ready.

Positional Defenses are all soft-capped M/R/AoE (51%/48%/46%). Smash/Lethal Resistances are at the cap at 77.6% (Psi is at 48%, Toxic is 36%, others are <30%). Combine this with Kuji-In Sha (+Heal) up every 20 seconds, and she never dies, unless I (literally) fall asleep at the keyboard. I've been in the middle of fights, and gone to the kitchen to get a drink and come back with no one the wiser.

Some things I've noticed. I don't auto-Hasten like I do on every other Toon I have. If I do, I have to pay more attention to Endurance, the -End of Hasten is enough to make me get in trouble if I don't pay attention. Because of this, my damage output probably isn't what it should be. 

But, Ninjitsu is easily my favorite Scrapper/Stalker set. I'm not leveling up Katana and Titan Weapons to see how they play. Katana is almost done, it doesn't seem to have nearly the End. problems and the damage output looks better for groups, but my defenses are just slightly lower (about 1-2%). TW is too early to tell.

Note that I don't take Kuji-In Retsu (the MoG Tier 9 power). It only comes up every 16 minutes and can't be -Recharged and lasts for 3 minutes with a 100% -End crash. If you want a big +DEF, I think it's MUCH better to take Shadow Meld (from Epic Soul Mastery), it gives a +20% buff to all defenses for 15s, recharge is only 37s and no crash. With all your DEF soft-capped anyway, this could get you over the hump if facing something with -DEF. I've found with my existing Psi Melee/Ninja, that I never use these powers anyway. But I do use the Moonbeam or Dark Blast quite often. 

Looking at other sets, I haven't found anything that I can soft cap defenses, with a +Heal and +End. It's the toughest Scrapper set I've found. But, it is an Endurance pig that you can overcome through sets and Incarnate Powers.

Edited by StoneKarma

Export was throwing at error, so here instead is the Katana/Ninjitsu version:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp

• (A) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Defense Debuff
  • (3) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (3) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage
  • (5) Analyze Weakness - Chance for +ToHit
  • (5) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 2: Danger Sense

• (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 4: Flashing Steel

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (21) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (23) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (23) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 6: Shinobi-Iri

• (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (27) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 8: Build Up

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (31) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (50) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 14: Hasten

• (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (31) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge

Level 18: The Lotus Drops

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (34) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 22: Maneuvers

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (36) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (36) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (36) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 24: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Soaring Dragon

• (A) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 28: Bo Ryaku

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (40) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (40) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 30: Tough

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (42) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Aegis - Resistance
  • (42) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (50) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 32: Golden Dragonfly

• (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus

Level 35: Caltrops

• (A) Impeded Swiftness - Damage/Slow
  • (45) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)

Level 38: Weave

• (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 41: Shuriken

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 44: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Super Speed

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 49: Exploding Shuriken

• (A) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (50) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Critical Hit 

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 1/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, CabooseCC said:

If you build it right you can use a Kat/WP scrapper to do the S&L version of the fire farm.  I do with no problem.

Anyway I can take a look at it? My build is good but I just feel like it could be better so I’m trying to compare with at least a couple others just to see what tweaks I should make

Virtue-Vet

Now on Everlasting

20 hours ago, StoneColdJoker said:

Anyway I can take a look at it? My build is good but I just feel like it could be better so I’m trying to compare with at least a couple others just to see what tweaks I should make

Yeah Im at work right now but I will shoot you over a mids file when I get home.

• 1 year later
On 12/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, oOStaticOo said:

Honestly I would say that Kat/EnA is probably the best.  EnA has a self heal and end gain.  Kat gives you +Def with Divine Avalanche.  Also if you go with Body Mastery and get Physical Perfection and use the Miracle and Numina Proc you will never have to worry about Endurance again.  EnA also gives you a Toggle Status Protection.  Really can see no wrong with running Kat/EnA.

I've made this combo and so fare i have no idea what I'm doing. I wanted to branch out from my usual armor sets so I've never got energy armor up at all do you have or anyone have tips to give me some guidance in this build

I had a Katana/Fire Armor on live.  Was a fun build.

Also, when looking for more damage, Dark Armor has the damage aura and I wouldn't let Endurance worry you.  Maybe in the beginning it can be an issue, but I had a Spines/Dark Armor back on live that was not only very survivable, I never ran out of end.  Not the top tier single target, but I had Spine's single target up there to solo AVs as well.

On the /Ninjitsu side of things, as I look at a build posted above.  I wouldn't go Performance Shifter EndMod/Rech & EndMod.  It's not worth the set bonus.  I'd grab two level 50 EndMod/Rech IOs and then +5 them.  Worked well on my StJ/Nin