AT's on TF's

Fr3akster

While occasionally see people get picky in asking for TF membership, there's only very rare and select instances where AT choice is kind of important. The LGTF needs holds for the hami section to be easy, and the LRSF is best with a tough tank or brute for convenience at the end (of course there's some other tricks, but generally).

Short of that, there's really no need to worry about team composition.

If you want to make an alt which will be a quick pick, I'd say buff/debuff especially something well known and loved like a kinetics defender.

9 hours ago, Corruption said:

Every TF can use more Corruptors, can never have too many. 

I'll second this.  When I assemble a team for a TF I'm perfectly happy if every member is a corrupter/defender/controller.  You can never have too much buff/debuff.

For an extreme example, when getting the Really Hard Way badge in the Magisterium trial, the most effective team seems to be 3/4 or more of just corrupters.

Also, *ANY* AT will make the leader happy if they have some Leadership buffs.  A defender with all three is awesome.

But I would say the real answer to your question is "A character specifically built for teaming."  Ironblade is a scrapper who has Recall Friend, Assault and Tactics.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

But I would say the real answer to your question is "A character specifically built for teaming."  Ironblade is a scrapper who has Recall Friend, Assault and Tactics.

I always add at least one or two team friendly features to my characters.  Many are tanks or built to tank.  My regen scrapper is not tanky at all, but she is a stealthist with recall and all the team and mission teleporters.  My stalker is of course a stealthist with recall; and also runs leadership toggles.  So do my blasters, usually; both are stealthists and teleporters, and one is a sapper as well, focused on debuffs. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Whenever I join a TF, with my old school playstyle, I follow (and sometimes target through) the tank.  Or brute if there is no tank.  Or star if they are communicative and seem to know what they are doing (because I guarantee you that I have forgotten lol).

All well and good until the team lead says 'everyone follow the tank' and I look at the team makeup and realize I'M THE TANK!!   OH NOES!

I dont lead teams anymore because I did that enough on live and, seriously, I have forgotten so much.  I honestly dont care who brings what AT to the table so long as there is a decent player behind the avatar.  Luckily, on HC, I haven't found many bad players.  I have found a few new ones that just have a bit of a learning curve to master, but by and large, most folks here are skilled vets who can bring anything and it will still work out.

Tip:  be careful targetting through someone else because they may be scouting future attack paths and SNIPE you just brought the future to the present lol.