Patch Notes for December 3rd, 2019

The Curator

• Developer

Advanced Crash Avoidance Technology Implementation

• The mapserver will no longer crash when attempting to transfer a character from one shard to another before logging it in.
    • Explanation: the previous patch introduced some internal changes to character data, and those changes are applied when the character logs in. If a character transfer was attempted on a character that had not been logged in, the receiving mapserver detected that the character was missing the new data fields, and triggered a programmer breakpoint in order to warn about the missing data -- which is to say, it crashed. It no longer is so enthusiastic about detecting missing fields on the live servers.
  • The Mission Computer and Oracle will no longer crash the mapserver when a player tries to craft at tip mission while in a Task Force.
    • Explanation: Tip missions are really contacts, and crafting one adds a contact to your list. While a player is on a Task Force, it can only have one Contact available, and trying to obtain another caused the mapserver to freak out and crash. It has now been taught that it can just refuse to give the character another contact instead.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

nice update,but man oh man,it is slooowww to download and update.

same here. I was curious if it was a large update or just a slow evening for downloads.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, RoseClaymore said:

I was not aware you can craft a contact...

Will there a badge for crafting contacts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.