Focused Feedback: Tank Updates for December 6, 2019

9 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

pfft the game is so easy at incarnate levels, stuff will be dead before that happens. 

I spend far more time below Incarnate levels in PUGs that spam AoE immobilizes,  Knockbacks and additional mob aggro pulls (to name a few).😁

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

The last couple of pages have really made me wonder where some of these people were in the last two giant-size threads on this topic.🤣

Look,

• Increasing Tanker Aggro Cap is moar useful
  • Increasing Tanker "Controllerness" is moar useful 
  • Bruising Luv  
  • Tankers Stepping on Brute's toes.  
  • Tankers should not do Damage.  They should put Flowers in the barrels of the 5th Column's assault rifles. 

These are all unique observations that have not been made before.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I spend far more time below Incarnate levels in PUGs that spam AoE immobilizes,  Knockbacks and additional mob aggro pulls (to name a few).😁

At lower levels the Brute vs Tankers arguments completely fall apart though.  

Tankers can't come anywhere near Brutes on damage there due to power selection availability and slotting.

Brutes lack Tanker's Durability there due to power selection availability and slotting.   

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

At lower levels the Brute vs Tankers arguments completely fall apart though.  

Tankers can't come anywhere near Brutes on damage there due to power selection availability and slotting.

Brutes lack Tanker's Durability there due to power selection availability and slotting.   

This points seems remarkably familiar for some odd reason.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

The last couple of pages have really made me wonder where some of these people were in the last two giant-size threads on this topic.🤣

I've only been thinking of other alternatives lately due to the current +damage nerf. Once that gets reverted I'll probably be in the back to happy camp.

That being said my latest idea for making bruising worth while would be to make it into stackable global proc for all tanker attacks with -10 Res, -5 Def with the same 10 second life and with a max of -30 Res, -15 Def. Then that makes it the longer the tank is in a fight the weaker the enemy gets and having multiple tanks on a team has the added benefit of making all enemies softer targets quickly. 

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

Its almost like we have discussed this .. before ..

Well, Tanks don't do enough damage.  It seems like the developers have talked themselves out of doing what needs to be done.

120 end.

More damage.  

The rest is nice, amplifying the tanks's stand there and 'take it' utility.  But playing Brutes vs Tanks, it's painfully obvious why brutes are more popular.  'TeH DSMAGE!'

To me, it's quite easy.  Tanks and Brutes are similar because the original fury mechanism was meant to be on a tank.  In hindsight that is obvious.  Brutes had most enough of the survivability of tanks, the taunt and damage that far outstripped a tank.

A simple 'aggro' bar that builds up from the amount you taunt and herd and pops to give you 'Might' for 1 minute.  A buff to hit and to damage.  So build up becomes a fun mechanism auto power. Replace or in addition to.  Like a DOmi bar.  Combat builds the bar and hey presto, MIND GOD.  Builds up on a tank?  You become a 'MIGHT GOD.'

I think it come down to this.

Tanks out aggro a brute at peak efficiency with it's defences.

Brutes out damage a tank at peak efficiency with it's fury bar.

The problem is the discrepancy in the latter is too great.

Solution?  Take the mean average of the brute's damage on the fury scale i.e. 'the middle point' and give that to tanks with the builder bar for 'Might' above.  So Brutes, like the Hulk would only out damage the tank from the 51% onwards up to 100% range i.e. at peak efficiency.  To compensate that for Brutes, they keep their lower fury bar for longer...and it builds quicker.

A 50% boost like a protracted BU for 1 minute would go a long way to closing the gap with Brutes.  And I'd call it a day at that.  The other 50% of fury damage the Brute has is compensated to Tanks in the form of a bigger fuel tank.  120 end.

Tanks are gods that don't do any damage.  It's simply not good enough.  On Homecoming live.  It's 'ok' on Beta.  But could be better.

Ezra.

• Like 1