Suggestions to improve this Sav/Rad Tank (build posted)

Masque

Hi and thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have for this tanker.   Initially I thought he would be very survivable however, did a stress test on a +2 ITF and I was underwhelmed at his survivability (could definitely be my game play, I haven't played tank since live).   

I haven't incarnated yet and am still missing both portal jockey and atlas medallion.

fat louie - Tanker (Radiation Armor).mxd

I suspect that part of the problem is all the skipped attacks.
So you're outputting less than optimal damage.
A Rad/Rad has tools to get them past damage that overwhelms their Resists.
You don't have the same sort of synergy with Savage Melee.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Thanks Hyperstrike, I guess I have a couple questions/statements to maybe help clear up what help I was trying to get.

Surely you aren't suggesting the only viable rad armor tank is rad/rad?   I picked savage melee because I hadn't played it before and the tank is sort of a joke about someone's cat that I team with.   

I guess what my initial question was/is: having never played rad armor before is there anything that people do differently to make rad armor more survivaible.   My focus was to build resists as near to cap as I could (cold and psi being the two that I wasn't able to get about 70%) while also trying to softcap melee def (came up a little short 43.7%) . 

As far as outkilling the incoming damage I don't really plan on soloing an ITF or anything I just was shocked at how fast my health bar was dropping  I had, compared to what I remember my tanks being like back on live.    Granted I played a WP tank on live so its apples to oranges but was still just looking for advice from the masses.   

I do appreciate you looking at the build. 

36 minutes ago, Masque said:

🙄  So I logged into my tank again and realized I didn't have tough and weave toggles in my tray.  😆

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The old "running around with my toggles off" scam!  Gets 'em every time... 😉

Edited by Hyperstrike

Also, I didn't mean to imply that the only viable Melee set for Rad is Rad.
There are LOTS of options that work WELL with Rad Armor.
Some just work better with it than others.

However, Rad/Rad is probably the most synergistic pair of sets, as they were developed concurrently.