Unable to Edit SG Base - Help

Hades

Hey All,

I recently had my rank in my SG edited to include the permissions to Modify Base.  However, I still only get the default window in the entry room for personal items instead of the edit base default tab.  Are there more perms that the SG leader needs to add, does a certain amount of time need to pass (it's been ~6 hours), or is there something else I'm missing?  I tried asking the help channel in game, but they really didn't have any solutions there.  Thanks so much for your time.

I'm assuming you've logged out of the character, and back in by now?  sort of a "reset"?  Otherwise, double check the rank permissions and make sure you are the right rank.  It should work.  Only other reason it wouldn't might be if someone is already in the editor.  I don't think two people can edit at the same time.

Try the text command:

/edit_base 1

and if it gives you an error ... that may tell you something.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

You know ... it takes practice. I built like 6 starter bases just to remember how to do the basic commands and how layouts worked. Just practice build, scrap, and do it over!

There's a lot that goes into a base. We don't have to worry about power and control but layout, accessibility, content - these are not small issues. Then you have to learn the tools for placing items and moving rooms and editing them.

Did you know that you can colorize the walls and floors? Adjust the lighting levels at floor, midair, and ceiling heights? And colorize them too? Apply colors and styles to a room or the entire base? There's SO MUCH to learn.

If you're just talking function and not roleplay area, I suggest you approach base design with the principles of feng shui in mind (I'm serious here) basically: does everything flow naturally?

There's 2 places you typically come into a base through: the entrance, or the med bay. So I like to have my teleport room connected to those two so that you can teleport back out quickly. I also like to have an empowerment station (for the defensive buffs including knockback protection) accessible to the medbay and teleporter. If something killed you, you might need a buff. If you're running off to fight some hard content, maybe you want to dip into the buff room first anyway.  So that's a "loop" of rooms I tend to keep close together. Conversely if you come in the front door to craft, you want that room accessible first and  so a second "loop" for me is typically the entry, workshop, and usually I put the room with power/control items to balance the base content.  Fun stuff spreads out from those 2 loops.

I hope that gives you some ideas!

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!