Mass Mayhem!

Kind of an off the wall suggestion, maybe, and possibly not something that can be done, but...

What about creating some sort of "Mass Mayhem" Trial/Taskforce thingamajig. Basically, it would be a Mayhem/Safeguard PVP combined mission, where both heroes and villains can join via Leagues, and compete against one another. Villains would be trying to rob the bank, free prisoners, blow things up, destroy things, and the heroes would have to stop them. 

• Like 4

When CoV first came out, I was under the impression that when my villain robbed a bank and fought a Hero, that would be a PC Hero.  That is the kind of PvP I could totally dig.  I was also hoping PvP would manifest in some sort of zone event like Rikti Invasion but instead, PC Villains trying to destroy Steel Canyon or whichever zone.

Maybe a TF or arc where you form your team of half hero half villain then you square off to each complete objectives like when you have the mirror you arc and you are shown mirror objectives and your own objectives.

Interesting idea!

Edited by EmmySky
  • Like 3

On a related note, when I popped the Tsoo gladiator badge a second ago, I got to thinking: could there be a way to combine the Gladiator matches with Mayhem missions such that a villain can create his own team of thugs to carry off nefarious deeds (robbing banks, etc.)?

Call it a Crimewave Mission or something.

Edited by Zombie Hustler
  • Like 2

The BIG problem with this (not the idea) is how different PvP actually is to normal pve. Unless you have tried it, and spent a bit of time in a pvp zone..the differences would come as a huge shock to a lot of players. Not to mention teams with fully tricked out PvP centric builds..that would just utterly wipe the floor with any pve team out there. The difference in damage, defence, accuracy, resists, travel supp (dont have ss and sj for pvp mayhems? you are gonna pie, a lot), mez duration, heal supression..the list goes on.

I think many people would try it once, see how different it is, and just say Screw It, even IF the pvp mayhems were really well designed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

The BIG problem with this (not the idea) is how different PvP actually is to normal pve. Unless you have tried it, and spent a bit of time in a pvp zone..the differences would come as a huge shock to a lot of players.

Good point, and as a generally non-PvPer myself, I really can't speak too much to that aspect of it otherwise.

That said, I do wonder if having objective-based missions as HelenCarnate mentioned might help to alleviate some of the concerns about the PvP aspect enough to get people to play through it more than once. Maybe give points for objectives, or somesuch, rather than just have each team fight to the last man standing.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, Razor Cure said:

you are gonna pie, a lot),

Doesn't sound so bad...

Might be a cake walk even... 😉

Main issue I see is that with humans being who they are there would be people who only do these for the PvP (build and play style aside) they would use it as an excuse to gank people trying to complete the mission objectives.

Perhaps as a co-op mission (so no actual player on player combat) but have the PvP side of it a race to complete objectives, some of which would be mutually exclusive or gant ally buffs enemy debuffs. eg: A race to get a big stompy robot ready for defence (of Paragon) or attacking Paragon. Say five tasks each team needs to complete, the winner of each task gains the better buff/debuff, with optional missions/unlocks. At the end of it all your team (if you won the race) gets to watch as the enemy team tries to defeat that menace that you released. (Or maybe even causing a zone event in the enemy city.)

(I had an idea like this when they first announced AE (before the details were announced), and it's something I'd like to see. Even outside of the OP's suggestion.)