Fire melee

Fr3akster

the set is a bit slow animating relative to some other sets. 

Its fast AS is a bit slower, Greater fire sword is a bit slow for how hard it hits, pbaoe attack has a long cast time. 

That said, the criticals are pure fire damage, which can be a significant bonus in some cases. 

Every stalker can do great single target damage. A few can do great + a bit more :)

Not every stalker can do great aoe damage. Fire is ok in this department. 

Fire melee tends to not be the damage king that is probably should be across the melee AT's. Not like fire blast is at any rate. 

But it is a perfectly servicable set. If you want to play fire melee you aren't gimping yourself. 

I really like the Fire Melee set, both on Stalkers and Tankers.  My Fire/Regen is a pretty solid combination with soft capped S/L defenses (Thanks Kinetic Combat) and massive Regeneration I very rarely have to worry about dying.  With that said it's not as good as my Elec/Shield Stalker... partially due to the limits of Regeneration in the current game and partially due to just how well those two sets work together.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later

I have been enjoying my FM/Ice stalker and was soft-capped with minimal investment around 32. However, I feel like damage is somewhat lackluster even with FSC and Fireball out of hide (have the to hide proc in FSC). I can definitely solo +4/8 and have been doing that since about level 41 but it is slow. . . As a matter of fact, I think my Ill/Dark troller solo's faster. But it is difficult to die even if I am not paying much attention between Hoarfrost and Icy Bastion. . . 

• 1 month later
On 12/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, Frosticus said:

if you aren't married to fire though, consider savage. It is very similar, but imo improved in every way other than damage type.

I feel a bit apprehensive suggesting someone Savage Melee on Stalkers without also making note that, for all intent and purposes, the set is broken.  Savage on Stalker is great but there's also a possibility some of what makes it great will be reigned in at some point just like Psi Melee for Tankers was recently corrected.

3 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

I feel a bit apprehensive suggesting someone Savage Melee on Stalkers without also making note that, for all intent and purposes, the set is broken.  Savage on Stalker is great but there's also a possibility some of what makes it great will be reigned in at some point just like Psi Melee for Tankers was recently corrected.

Maybe. But nothing in savage melee is broken. The only power that is over performing is hemorrhage from hide (it is a 2.2x critical instead of 2x). It is the only power in the game that criticals with backloaded damage. All other crits are frontloaded.  I think most people would trade the boosted dot from hide for a front loaded critical like other dot powers receive (ie freezing touch, midnight grasp) because that would clear everything short of EB's faster than the backloaded damage. 

Until procs are nerfed for everyone (if that happens) savage leap works exactly as any 15ft aoe w/ rech of 40 seconds would. 

Unless there is another power in savage that isn't working properly?