Clarion Destiny is Your Friend

Apparition

I ran Rikti mothership raids for years on the Champion and Exalted servers prior to sunset, and have been running Rikti mothership raids on Excelsior since July.  I've noticed one substantial difference between "live" and Homecoming that's contributed to a few Rikti mothership raid wipes on Homecoming, including a near wipe last night.

There is a serious and substantial lack of AoE mez protection.  Often, I am the only person with any AoE mez protection at all.

Now, I know that, unfortunately, Force Field and Sonic Resonance are not nearly as popular on Homecoming as they were on live and for good reason.  Sonic Resonance in particular is extremely rare.  But everyone now has access to the Clarion Destiny at level 50, and still very few seem to take it, and even fewer seem to actually use it.  Take it.  Use it.  You can have multiple Incarnate Destinies.  Every character I have takes at least two Incarnate Destinies, usually three.  Clarion Destiny is also useful for other things than Rikti mothership raids, like the Lady Grey Task Force and Incarnate trials.

Barrier is cool and all, but in a league with Dark, Nature, Time, Cold, et al, it's honestly not that useful IMO.  Ageless is cool and all, but recharge and debuff protection doesn't matter much if you're constantly stunned.

This has been a public service announcement for the Clarion Destiny.  Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Clarion Radial also acts as a power boots power and greatly increases secondary effects of some powers. My /time controller can significantly boost tram defense thanks to it

Where do I get Tram Defense? Tram bludgeoning damage is the absolute worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

Ok I have noticed on about 3 of my toons they are slept and held a LOT.  I appreciate the tip and most likely will look into this Clarion thing for them as they work on their incarnates.  Thank you!  (I was afraid I had a few respecs to do to try to solve this issue).

3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Ok I have noticed on about 3 of my toons they are slept and held a LOT.  I appreciate the tip and most likely will look into this Clarion thing for them as they work on their incarnates.  Thank you!  (I was afraid I had a few respecs to do to try to solve this issue).

Haven't gotten incarnate levels here on homecoming, but iirc from live, clarion was also useable while held or slept like a break free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have both t3 Clarion and t4 Barrier on Heraclea.  I do prefer Barrier for tanking Recluse and similar tasks, so I usually leave it in.  But I can swap to Clarion if I foresee the need, and usually do that before starting out on Lady Gray.

It maybe needs to be easier to move these things in and out situationally, to give people an incentive to craft and use more than one. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291