Focused Feedback: Pets & Henchmen Updates for December 6, 2019

21 hours ago, Apparition said:

There is indeed a patch this morning, but it doesn't sound like it involves the MM AI fixes.  Note that Homecoming accidentally did not update the beta manifest, so you need to use the regular manifest for the time being until the beta manifest is updated.  Hopefully soon.

It's also stopped me logging on due to some oddness in the manifest, so I'm kinda hoping the MM changes haven't gone live,  yes I know selfish, but but but BOTS THAT STAY AT RANGE DAMMIT!!!!!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I can't believe I missed seeing this as a change. The only problems I ever really had with pets was the melee thing with range pets and how Ninja die when the wind blows in their direction. The way things are with Ninja I just can't do incarnate trials because the pets die too fast to do anything. This is even with all 6 globals and a resistance buffing secondary and level shifts. My hope is that we get some incarnate alpha or other power that can help with this at some point.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:40 AM, Haijinx said:

The game was never designed with pvp in mind.  Its been a hack job from the start.  And any balancing involved around it has never worked.

I don't think hateful is the right word.

But if that's the one you prefer, whatever.

I think when PVP happened we lost a ton of players because of all the PVP related nerfs. I know for a fact Regen would not be in the shape it is today if PVP never came to COH/COV. Stalkers would not have gotten the recovery passives removed from a lot of powersets. Considering how we got things now it would not take much to change the existing powersets to add the recovery powers back or give an alternate choice like they did with Sentinel SR where you can't take both powers. Make so you can either choose toggle or click instant healing but not both.

• Developer
On 12/31/2019 at 7:24 AM, boggo2300 said:

Is it live yet?

what about now?

yet?

how about now?

should I log off to patch?

ready?

These changes will go live in the first patch that drops the Safe Mode client. There are a number of players that are still unable to use the 64-Bit or 32-Bit client, so until we can get them on board we're holding back on patching any major changes to the Live servers. There will be a patch shortly with several bugfixes to try to address the compatibility issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Bots AI seems to be improved but they are still periodically running into melee or near-melee to attack, only now they use their ranged attacks.  Seems like it may be an issue with Knockback being applied to enemies that they're attacking, as it can encourage them to run in.

• City Council
1 minute ago, darkgob said:

Bots AI seems to be improved but they are still periodically running into melee or near-melee to attack, only now they use their ranged attacks.  Seems like it may be an issue with Knockback being applied to enemies that they're attacking, as it can encourage them to run in.

Is it on sloped / irregular terrain? The one remaining thing that can cause the AI to close to the target's actual position is if it loses line-of-sight (it will abort and stop if a power becomes available for use before it gets there, but that doesn't always happen due to power recharge or wonky geometry in the way).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Curator said:

These changes will go live in the first patch that drops the Safe Mode client. There are a number of players that are still unable to use the 64-Bit or 32-Bit client, so until we can get them on board we're holding back on patching any major changes to the Live servers. There will be a patch shortly with several bugfixes to try to address the compatibility issues.

at the risk of the GM naughty stick

Patch up yet?

how about now?

could we just put a gif of the safe mode client on the patcher?

MM pets yet?

ready?

😄

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Since the reason they gave for pets no longer benefiting from +recharge boosts was that their AI couldn't handle the cycling of attacks properly with range/melee, would this mean we could revisit that and let pets begin benefiting from recharge boosts again?

55 minutes ago, Puma said:

Since the reason they gave for pets no longer benefiting from +recharge boosts was that their AI couldn't handle the cycling of attacks properly with range/melee, would this mean we could revisit that and let pets begin benefiting from recharge boosts again?

Yes, my Banished Pantheon Ravagers need all the help from Ageless that they can get.

• City Council
2 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

What about Illusion's Phantasm? He's also meant to be ranged but runs into melee all the time.

Controller/Dominator pets are on the board to be looked in phase 2, after the MM changes go live.

• Thanks 6

On 1/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Number Six said:

Is it on sloped / irregular terrain? The one remaining thing that can cause the AI to close to the target's actual position is if it loses line-of-sight (it will abort and stop if a power becomes available for use before it gets there, but that doesn't always happen due to power recharge or wonky geometry in the way).

Also speaking about bots - Protector Bots need to prioritize their Force Field cast on owner, and only after that - on other pets. It's a blah on mah Main when protector bots all the time apply 2 Force Shields on Seeker Drones before Mah Main.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Also speaking about bots - Protector Bots need to prioritize their Force Field cast on owner, and only after that - on other pets. It's a blah on mah Main when protector bots all the time apply 2 Force Shields on Seeker Drones before Mah Main.

Would it be too much to ask for them to get splash FF like the main set? ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

With the GoTo command if your henchman gets knocked back by an enemy attack will he attempt to return to the spot he was at or will he stay where he landed? Just curious.

One quality of life aspect I would like to see is have the upgrades be changed from a buff to an auto power, so when you summon your henchman,  they will already have the upgrades you purchased without having to re-upgrade them every time they die. I don't mind summoning my henchman if they die, it's the constant re-upgrading that gets on my nerves. At least we don't have to do it one at a time like it used to be. I would just like to see it taken one step further.

3 hours ago, Frogtown I said:

With the GoTo command if your henchman gets knocked back by an enemy attack will he attempt to return to the spot he was at or will he stay where he landed? Just curious.

One quality of life aspect I would like to see is have the upgrades be changed from a buff to an auto power, so when you summon your henchman,  they will already have the upgrades you purchased without having to re-upgrade them every time they die. I don't mind summoning my henchman if they die, it's the constant re-upgrading that gets on my nerves. At least we don't have to do it one at a time like it used to be. I would just like to see it taken one step further.

That's what kills me aboput doing tough content on an MM, is the resummon+re-equip times while combat is raging all around you (but hopefully not bothering you whilst you're doing all that).  I was going to say that it would seem unlikely to make those equip powers auto, but actually, I'm not sure therte's a reason not to?  Unless they just like watching an MM stand there getting slammed whilst summoning and equipping their pets.  But maybe others have a better idea why they wouldn't.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

15 hours ago, Puma said:

MM pets weren't the only reason that player pets were set to ignore recharge; as I recall, there were some controller pets that would break fairly severely with sufficiently high recharge.

20 hours ago, Number Six said:

Controller/Dominator pets are on the board to be looked in phase 2, after the MM changes go live.

Can you confirm if this will extend to non-Controller/Dominator pets as well? Dark Extraction (fluffies) have been going into melee for awhile now, they don't even have melee attacks. This would really help Warshades out if their fragile pets didn't kamikaze.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

I had an MM with me today and it reminded me how the poor things can't keep up nowadays. Pets moving at Sprint level simply stay behind and arrive when the fight is about done.

4 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Can you confirm if this will extend to non-Controller/Dominator pets as well? Dark Extraction (fluffies) have been going into melee for awhile now, they don't even have melee attacks. This would really help Warshades out if their fragile pets didn't kamikaze.

They have a small damage aura IIRC, so that is probably why they do that. 

1 hour ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

They have a small damage aura IIRC, so that is probably why they do that. 

No they definitely do not have a damage aura. I remember a time when they stayed at range, those were good times. Fluffies have 3 attacks, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Blast and Gravitic Emanation (cone).
No melee attacks, no damage auras. No reason to be in melee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

No they definitely do not have a damage aura. I remember a time when they stayed at range, those were good times. Fluffies have 3 attacks, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Blast and Gravitic Emanation (cone).
No melee attacks, no damage auras. No reason to be in melee.

Brain fart on me. I read that as Dark Servant, which has Chill of the Night. Yeah, I cant think of any reason for the warshade pets to do that.