Suggestions and Feedback Expansion

We have a lot of people on the forums which are constantly providing feedback and suggestions they would like to see added to the game thanks to how devoted the home coming team is to the city of paragon and for the 5 people who live in the rogue isles.

However the feedback on the forums can range from anything from game mechanics, animation, to I want a pizza monster as the coming storm, and these are all mixed together causing a lot of ideas to be buried quickly by highly popular topics like rage and there is no way to really separate between the different types of suggestions. 

I'll admit I have no experience in web site design so I have no idea how easy or hard this is but I think it would be helpful to have separate places within suggestions and feedback for different parts of the game i.e. game mechanics, lore, powers, costumes.

Edited by Zenex

Its about a difficult as sorting your laundry.  Look at all the AT forums, easy to sort, but I am not an expert.  Maybe a few hours to set up and kinda test it so I don't see it as being very difficult. 

Now sorting a bag of Skittles by color as if it was a category, that is difficult. 

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

And remember; a lot of these topics end up being "cross discipline" when it comes to the development and deployment of the suggestion.
What we could use is a community effort to catalogue the suggestions in to an open source spreadsheet, and then sticky that to the top of the board.  That way we, the players and fans of the game can take the burden off the shoulders of the Homecoming Team.

What'd ya say?  Wanna team up and do that?

I was thinking something simple like with what they have for archtypes, but for convenience i'd have to say all older posts would have to be left in a misc or grandpa section as having someone sort them all would be crazy  

Edited by Zenex

Currently, there are threads being buried by more popular threads (and one could argue this serves as a meta-comment on the value of the proposal)...  Would this suggestions fix that, or simply bury threads in subforums nobody ever visits?  You can have too few subforums, but you can also have too many.

Not all ideas are going to receive the same level of attention, and there's simply no way around human behavior.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

That way we, the players and fans of the game can take the burden off the shoulders of the Homecoming Team.

What burden are you taking off their shoulders?  I kinda doubt the Team keeps a spreadsheet of every idea that's ever posted to the forum.  (Said ideas, like everything else, conform strictly to Sturgeon's Law.)  If you're setting yourself up a gatekeeper as to which ideas are worth tracking (not that I think you actually mean to!), I'm solidly opposed to the idea.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)