Looking to "freshen" my last MA/SR build from live

Bodai

10 hours ago, Bodai said:

Right, so I would never expect a pool power to beat a primary.  Focus Chi also works on these as well.

But even then, Spring Attack takes 10x longer to come up, that alone kills the DPS.

But, it does give me another power that has knockdown (and a proc as well for it), increasing the amount of time foes are just getting back up.

So, you could say it doesn't make that much of a difference.  I don't really like CAK animation, I already have enough attacks, and it does immob instead of disorient.  So really I am saying this is possibly an interesting variation.

Turn the thinking around and look at it from the other direction.

Spring Attack makes for a decent combo with Dragon's Tail ... but it is by no means a replacement for Dragon's Tail.

Spring Attack is good as an opening alpha strike attack, but it isn't useful for repeated use in a repeating attack chain rotation, due to Spring Attack's long base recharge.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

15 hours ago, Bodai said:

- Then we come to technique.  You slotted for knockdown in CK (at the expense of AoE def) so you consider it important.

Hmmm, don't know how to say this, I take CK because the animation is cool, very, and the KB to KD is because i hate knocking back foes when on a melee char, not much more about it. If you say mine can do more dps, I believe you, see, I usually crank up my defenses then get in the middle of the fray mashing buttons and feeling uber, at least most of the times. Regarding the end usage, in my own particular (being own and particular the key words here) I find anything above 1.20 end/sec unplayable. Focused Accuracy used to be a good power until it was nerfed and it gave Acc instead of To Hit. Granted they reduced the end usage but still, Tactics is much better in my opinion. Anyway, if your build gets 1.09 without FA, I'd say get rid of it and if you need more acc, just get Vigor or something like that.

18 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Agreed.  You basically need to rock high plus-level Incarnate content to notice the short on your Defenses.

Most of the time, you'll never see a problem and won't EVER see it on teams.

Yeah, this is a good point.  Even my old build was plenty good in Incarnates.

So, I am both excited by this and perplexed.  Do I just go with it anyway?  Or do I dial back the defense a bit in favor of something else.  But about the only thing left I think is more damage / dps.

9 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Turn the thinking around and look at it from the other direction.

Spring Attack makes for a decent combo with Dragon's Tail ... but it is by no means a replacement for Dragon's Tail.

Spring Attack is good as an opening alpha strike attack, but it isn't useful for repeated use in a repeating attack chain rotation, due to Spring Attack's long base recharge.

I agree with this reasoning of the combo, I wasn't trying to replace it, I just want more AoE's.

Actually, I am starting to think of what my next AT should be, because I love AoE's, and what AT has allot of that.  I **REALLY** loved my energy/energy blaster, but then no-one will team with me :-(  There are of course controllers, thus far I have only played with ill/rad.

4 hours ago, Nightmarer said:

Hmmm, don't know how to say this, I take CK because the animation is cool, very, and the KB to KD is because i hate knocking back foes when on a melee char, not much more about it. If you say mine can do more dps, I believe you, see, I usually crank up my defenses then get in the middle of the fray mashing buttons and feeling uber, at least most of the times. Regarding the end usage, in my own particular (being own and particular the key words here) I find anything above 1.20 end/sec unplayable. Focused Accuracy used to be a good power until it was nerfed and it gave Acc instead of To Hit. Granted they reduced the end usage but still, Tactics is much better in my opinion. Anyway, if your build gets 1.09 without FA, I'd say get rid of it and if you need more acc, just get Vigor or something like that.

This is fair, I like CK too, it's like a mule kick.  I actually like the whole set except CAK (not even the alternate animation).  And I actually think I had more than enough attacks.

Is that KD to KB global, or just the power it's slotted into?

According to the stats, FA still does do ToHit.

What is Vigor?

5 hours ago, Bodai said:

What is Vigor?

Alpha slot power, +acc and +endrdx. Can't remember the name of the other Alpha slot power that boosts acc. Regarding FA, unless they changed it back to its initial stats here at Homecoming, I remember the nerf because I had to respec it out from a few chars, but at the time Mid's wasn't updating his hero deigner anymore so could also be that the description in Hero Designer is not updated. Synapse reduced the To Hit from +30 to +5 or so (can't remember exactly), boosted the +acc and reduced the end usage to 0.78 end/sec

I don't  tend to look at end consumption on my builds.  I look at net recovery.  Your net is what pays for your attacks/attack chain.   Your consumption doesn't really account for your actual usage because it doesn't account for what you're burning with your attacks.  I  shoot for a net recovery of 2.5 end/sec or better or figure out what your attack chain uses over time (which is more math than I care to do, generally)

1850 health on an /SR scrapper is solid but can go significantly higher.  My Claws/SR on live was sitting at over 2100 hp with a regen over 32 hp/sec for comparison.

23 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I don't  tend to look at end consumption on my builds.  I look at net recovery.  Your net is what pays for your attacks/attack chain.   Your consumption doesn't really account for your actual usage because it doesn't account for what you're burning with your attacks.  I  shoot for a net recovery of 2.5 end/sec or better or figure out what your attack chain uses over time (which is more math than I care to do, generally)

1850 health on an /SR scrapper is solid but can go significantly higher.  My Claws/SR on live was sitting at over 2100 hp with a regen over 32 hp/sec for comparison.

I look at both Recovery, resting End Consumption and try to model various attack chains.
The main reason being, if your attack chain consumes more End than you produce in a given time, you run the risk of running out of End.
Meaning you have to slow down the pace of your attacks or pick a different chain that doesn't run you out of gas.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

You can skip CAK, since you have Crane Kick and Cobra Strike available.

Dragons tail is the best 8 foot pbaoe available thanks to its animation time and KD.  Plus you get synergy with EC crit buff, and the quick animation makes the ATO crit buff better.

So really, if you want to skip that, then just play a stalker instead.  

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

I look at both Recovery, resting End Consumption and try to model various attack chains.
The main reason being, if your attack chain consumes more End than you produce in a given time, you run the risk of running out of End.
Meaning you have to slow down the pace of your attacks or pick a different chain that doesn't run you out of gas.

True and why I say the net recovery is what I look at shooting for 2.5 or greater.  The only sure way to know with certainty is calculate how much end/sec your attack chain is using up.  If your end consumption is higher you're going to need more end recovery to have 2.5 net recovery.    Mids' far as I am aware also does not account for the Performance Shifter proc.   And clearly if you're burning through end too quickly slowing your attacks will slow end consumption (which is effectively raising your net recovery).  Same if you use something like Conserve Power.  End consumption falls and your net recovery increases.   Your end consumption is most useful to me as an indicator of a lack of needed end reduction slotting in the 'always' in use powers (toggles primarily) in a build when I'm looking in Mids'.   But even then if the net recovery is high (or has plenty of click recovery powers) it won't matter to the build it can deal with the higher consumption.  

PS:  My Claws/SR's end consumption was 1.36 end/sec, her recovery 3.92 pre Incarnate and 4.1 with her Alpha on (Musculature Radial Paragon) . She could attack non-stop pretty much forever.  

Edited by Doomguide2005
Added PS

On 12/12/2019 at 2:36 AM, Nightmarer said:

Alpha slot power, +acc and +endrdx. Can't remember the name of the other Alpha slot power that boosts acc. Regarding FA, unless they changed it back to its initial stats here at Homecoming, I remember the nerf because I had to respec it out from a few chars, but at the time Mid's wasn't updating his hero deigner anymore so could also be that the description in Hero Designer is not updated. Synapse reduced the To Hit from +30 to +5 or so (can't remember exactly), boosted the +acc and reduced the end usage to 0.78 end/sec

OK, maybe I will test it out before my final respec.

6 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Dragons tail is the best 8 foot pbaoe available thanks to its animation time and KD.  Plus you get synergy with EC crit buff, and the quick animation makes the ATO crit buff better.

OK, so you are saying that stalkers skip that power anyways? (i'll take a look)

If you play a stalker, I guess maybe you are trading some durability for a bunch more single-target damage?

I am still trying to think about how MA/SR works on scrapper vs. brute vs. stalker vs. tank......

7 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Nope!  MA/SR stalkers get everything except Dragon's Tail!!!  That's good, because that's a deal breaker for me, take stalker off the list.

If they skipped CAK instead that would have been sweet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bodai said:

Nope!  MA/SR stalkers get everything except Dragon's Tail!!!  That's good, because that's a deal breaker for me, take stalker off the list.

If they skipped CAK instead that would have been sweet.

Just meant that if someone wanted to skip Dragons Tail, they should just play a stalker instead. 

Fair warning(!) to anyone and everyone who's interested ... I'm working up a v2.0 rebuild of my SR/MA Tanker right now and things are getting ... 👀 scary 👀 ... even for what usually results from my efforts.  It's totally turning into a Scranktroller build (because that's how I prefer to play) that is both Hasten-less (BURN HERETIC!!) and does not use the Fighting pool (BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!) ... and it's still able to exceed 59% Defense vs Melee, Ranged and AoE with an endurance cost of no more than 1.25/s spent on all toggles you'd want to be using in combat (up to 7 total) with an endurance recovery rate of 3.24/s before including Panacea and Performance Shifter procs over time.

So that's something to look forward to.

I might be done with the rebuild and have it posted in a week or so (at the rate I'm going with it).

IifneyR.gif

23 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I'm working up a v2.0 rebuild of my SR/MA Tanker right now and things are getting ... 👀 scary 👀 ... even for what usually results from my efforts.  It's totally turning into a Scranktroller build (because that's how I prefer to play) that is both Hasten-less (BURN HERETIC!!) and does not use the Fighting pool (BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!) ... and it's still able to exceed 59% Defense vs Melee, Ranged and AoE with an endurance cost of no more than 1.25/s spent on all toggles you'd want to be using in combat (up to 7 total) with an endurance recovery rate of 3.24/s before including Panacea and Performance Shifter procs over time.

Tanker SR/ at incarnate softcaps, having 40%+ to all resists before SMotT and scaling resists, infinite endurance, and 30HP/s+ regen is pretty easy, and totally glorious.

Edited by Caulderone

11 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Tanker SR/ at incarnate softcaps, having 40%+ to all resists before SMotT and scaling resists, infinite endurance, and 30HP/s+ regen is pretty easy, and totally glorious.

Show your work (in the Tanker forum).

Please.

IifneyR.gif

• 3 weeks later

Thought I would follow up on this.  I finished this build and I am 90% done with incarnates on it.

Basically, this build is amazing, having 60% positional's and 55% S/L resist is really great.

This build can even FARM, I can solo some of the AE farm's up to +3/x8 (not +4, at the very least it is too slow).

So I am really happy with it, thanks for the suggestions.  I can post the final build if anyone wants, I had to respec twice to get it right.

Now I am thinking rather than re-building the rest of my original AT's, I want to build something new.  Specifically something that can solo an A/V or GM, I have heard people say that is possible, but I have never had a toon that could, nor even seen anyone do it.

I have a post going about that in the general forum.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:53 AM, Bodai said:

Thought I would follow up on this.  I finished this build and I am 90% done with incarnates on it.

Basically, this build is amazing, having 60% positional's and 55% S/L resist is really great.

This build can even FARM, I can solo some of the AE farm's up to +3/x8 (not +4, at the very least it is too slow).

So I am really happy with it, thanks for the suggestions.  I can post the final build if anyone wants, I had to respec twice to get it right.

I'm interested! Could you share the build?
I'm completely new to the game, trying to figure how building works, the more examples I have the better 🙂

• 1 year later

Do the programs that can export builds still work?

I can look through my MID's and find it, but that might be easier.

I only play about once a month right now due to time constraints.  But it is fun to login for a few hours and run some mishes or AE farms, I would like to get my toon back up to 2B inf like I had before, and I am even gathering some badges like day jobs so just park in a different spot each time, although I don't think I will ever go full badge toon again, done with that.

Now that I have had it for awhile, I can confirm that it is still amazing, I really love the attack chain, not used to it being both a boss killer AND a crowd pleaser.  Basically the attack chain has so much knockdown/etc. that they spend most of their time getting back up, and you kill them before they can.  I am only limited because of the max mob size.

Zura, I don't think I would recommend this build to a newcomer, you would probably get frustrated with it because you have to know how to play it.  SR in general is a "living on the edge" set, you are alive and doing great until you are not, and that one hit gets through.  That being said, this build has so much S/L resist that scales as heath goes down, I find it best to always hover at about 25% health (also maxes some scaling defense).  But this puts you further on the edge, and if you are on a team, you sort of have to tell healers you are fine even though you look like you are not.  I also have the incarnate heal, and the temp resurrection power that is also an attack....

-Bodai

• 2 months later
On 12/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, Nightmarer no more said:

Ah well, I guess I was wrong, a bit short of Incarnate softcap on AoE (which I personally would not care about) and just 47% s/l res. Still, playable char with end usage 1.14 end/sec. You can address the remaining aoe def or res through incarnates although I personally wouldn't bother and go straight for musculature. Also, 1857 HP fully accoladed is no small thing on an SR:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(42), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(42), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(13)
Level 2: Cobra Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Focus Chi -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 8: Crane Kick -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(40)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Dragon's Tail -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 28: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(36), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Srn-EndRdx(39), Srn-Def(39), Srn-Def/EndRdx(39), Srn-Def/Rchg(40), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)
Level 47: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(3)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

I changed some things to add cross punch what do you think?

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick

• (A) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Touch of Death - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 1: Focused Fighting

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (5) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (7) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (9) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (11) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (13) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime

Level 2: Cobra Strike

• (A) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 4: Focused Senses

• (A) Red Fortune - Endurance
  • (5) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (7) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (9) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (11) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 6: Focus Chi

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (45) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 8: Crane Kick

• (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (15) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 10: Practiced Brawler

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (34) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 12: Combat Jumping

• (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (15) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (48) Kismet - Defense/Endurance

Level 14: Super Jump

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 16: Dodge

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick

• (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (19) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus

Level 20: Quickness

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 22: Agile

Level 24: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Dragon's Tail

• (A) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (27) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (29) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (29) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Superior Critical Strikes - RechargeTime/+50% Crit Proc

Level 28: Lucky

• (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 30: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (31) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (34) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 32: Cross Punch

• (A) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (33) Obliteration - Damage
  • (33) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 35: Evasion