Incredibly Useful Contacts/Mission Arcs You Won't Want to Miss

Amidamaru

With so many people zooming through levels doing radio mission farming and back to back task forces, I thought it might be useful to remind folks of some contacts and story arcs that they won't want to miss. If you've outleveled these contacts, don't panic--you can get to these story arcs via Orobouros flashbacks.  If you can think of other useful contacts/mission arcs, feel free to post a reply. I'll update the original post as necessary.

Pay2Win Vendor (Atlas Park-west of atlas statue)--Has a crap ton of free stuff that you'll want to get you started at low levels (jump packs, prestige sprints, nemesis staff/blackwand, etc.)

Talshak the Mystic (The Hollows)--His Heart of the Hollows mission arc is required in order to do the Cavern of Transcendence trial.

Holsten Armitage (Brickstown lvl 30-40)--Has a mission that unlocks Ouroboros (thanks, Ishikawa!)

Gordon Brower (Croatoa)--Talk to him to begin the Croatoa story arcs that are required for Katie Hannon unlock. You can talk directly to him without an introduction and if you're too high level for his missions, he'll direct you to the next contact up the chain that meets your level.

Buck Salinger (Croatoa)--Complete his Crossing Over story arc to unlock Katie Hannon contact/TF. Start with Gordon Brower if Buck won't talk to you yet, or use Orouboros if you've outleveled him.

Lars Hansen (Striga Isle)--Complete his Madman's Council story arc to unlock Ernesto Hess TF. He requires an introduction unless you're able to use Orouboros to do his arc.

Montague Castellan (Steel Canyon--inside University)--His second arc unlocks Cimerora which is a requirement for Imperious Task Force. Note: Going in the Midnight Mansion in Night Ward zone will give Midnighter badge, which ALSO unlocks Cimerora

Admissions Officer Lenk (Steel Canyon-inside University)--After doing his invention enhancement tutorial, you'll have a free crafted enhancement (max lvl 25). Takes about ten minutes to complete if you have done it before and don't actually read all the flavor text.

Redside Contacts:

Vincent Ross (Sharkhead Isle--redside): a mission during his story arc unlocks Ouroboros (thanks Ishikawa!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

For people who don't want to ask others for a Ouroboros Portal.

Redside:

Vincent Ross (Sharkhead Isle) 20-29: A mission during his story arc unlocks Ouroboros.

Blueside:

Holsten Armitage (Brickstown) 30-40: Has a mission that unlocks Ouroboros as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To Add:

To start getting Vanguard Merits from defeating Rikti (such as when you participate in a Mothership Raid), you need to do Levantera's first and short introductory arc.

The P2W Vendor is also in Pocket D, along with a Merit Vendor.

There is no level lock on creating a base. Go to AP City Hall and register a base. Prestige is shut off on Homecoming, so, everything and anything in your base is free.

• Put up portals to all possible zones.
  • Put in a trainer, Icon employee, Merit Vendor, Enhancement Store, Inspiration vendor, and a rezzer (rez to base).
  • Mission computer (tips) and Ouroboros crystal (flashback missions)
  • For crafting, add a craft table, and storage units for salvage and enhancements.
  • Add in power booster crafting table (the highest level of the arcane and tech varieties for the most recipes).

You'll be able to do as much crafting as you can there, then pop into Pocket D to open up the AE (/ah) for sales and purchases and to use the P2W as needed. Then Pocket D's base teleporter back to base.

You may have to right click and choose view to see the full photo...

U9Lwg8s.jpg

IhzxUgm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redside:

Vincent Ross (Sharkhead Isle) 20-29: A mission during his story arc unlocks Ouroboros.

Blueside:

Holsten Armitage (Brickstown) 30-40: Has a mission that unlocks Ouroboros as well.

Sooooo.... presuming I've levelled past 40, is there an easy way to go back and do the Armitage mission?

~~ Ssieth

Redside:

Blueside:

Sooooo.... presuming I've levelled past 40, is there an easy way to go back and do the Armitage mission?

You can actually do his mission any time after hitting 30.  I think the 30-40 cited above refers to the fact that those are the levels at which he is most useful as a store (he sells SOs at levels 30, 35 and 40).

• Thanks 1

For blueside Ouro access, the Faultline arc i think is the soonest: there's a time travel element at the end that should get you "Entrusted with the Secret". However, there's a few EBs to fight so this may not be for everyone.

I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet. I got Ouroboros access at lvl 23 by doing the Magic Man story arc from Mercedes Sheldon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tip: If you have Echo: <map> teleporters in your base, you can go to the tram station inside Echo: Galaxy City or Echo: Atlas Park and travel directly to Ouroboros.  Once there, claim the badge on the top of the Ouroboros building and it will unlock Ouroboros for that character ("Entrusted With The Secret" badge awarded).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Redside:

Blueside:

Marshal Brass (15-20, Cap au Diable): Has a story arc that unlocks Ouroboros.

• Thanks 1

For blueside Ouro access, the Faultline arc i think is the soonest: there's a time travel element at the end that should get you "Entrusted with the Secret". However, there's a few EBs to fight so this may not be for everyone.

This is how I just got my portal.

• Like 1
I'm out.

Or just run an ouro arc from the aforementioned pillar in your base to unlock it. Blueside lowbies can hit 15, run the rescue the mystic from the circle flashback, mission teleport to it, finish, getting the spelunker badge for Atlas medallion, exit and get the nearby Perez pupil plaque also for Atlas medallion. Then use your newly awarded ouro portal to get out of there.

Redside doesn't get anything quite so convenient that early but most of the first set of flashbacks are quick to run just to get your portal.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later
On 5/13/2019 at 1:28 AM, Ishikawa said:

Redside:

Blueside:

For those who don't mind asking (once), there is an exploration badge on the outside of the ouroboros tower at the top that gives you entrusted with the secret and a portal as well

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2019 at 4:28 AM, Ishikawa said:

Redside:

Blueside:

Doc Delilah in Faultline blueside has a three? mission arc that grants this.  You need to run the arc of Jim Temblor, Penelope Yin first and be level 20 or higher.

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Doc Delilah in Faultline blueside has a three? mission arc that grants this.  You need to run the arc of Jim Temblor, Penelope Yin first and be level 20 or higher.

Actually, I think you only need Jim Temblor's first.

If you then reach level 20, you should be able to skip Penny's story arc (although I never do, it's not like it's that much effort)

• 2 months later

I always get the Ouroboros portal at level 1 with the "Echo: Galaxy City monorail to Ouro" method since I have a portal to there in my personal base.

I also get the Midnighter's club membership badge by using my personal base portal to travel to Night Ward.  I simply enter the mansion on the hill above the arrival point to get the badge.

• Like 2

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 9 months later