Jump to content

Fury at 100, dont think so


Recommended Posts

I've done literally thousands of mobs, sometimes 3 at a time, all at my level or above. And not once has my Fury bar got beyond 90%.

If 100% is not achievable why not alter 90% so it reads 100%, or am I not hitting the right mobs to get me to that illusive 100% mark ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sergio said:

I've done literally thousands of mobs, sometimes 3 at a time, all at my level or above. And not once has my Fury bar got beyond 90%.

If 100% is not achievable why not alter 90% so it reads 100%, or am I not hitting the right mobs to get me to that illusive 100% mark ?

What's the aggro cap?  15 enemies?  Try that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fury decays faster at high values, and gets to a point where you can't gain it fast enough to increase. I think that the only way to hit 100 consistently is for a brief time using the villain alignment power, which just sets the kMeter attribute (used to track Fury for Brutes, Domination for Dominators, and hidden status for Stalkers) to 1.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Wait until your boss asks you to work on Christmas Eve so they can depart early for an expensive overseas vacation they booked after telling everyone "there's no money for raises this year."

 

That'll get you to 100% fury.

/r/oddlyspecific

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, biostem said:

What's the aggro cap?  15 enemies?  Try that.

I'm curious about something.  Does this literally mean that if you're solo, and you walk into a group of 20 enemies clustered tightly, 5 of them will just ignore you and stand there?  (Assuming they can't buff their friends, I mean.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

I'm curious about something.  Does this literally mean that if you're solo, and you walk into a group of 20 enemies clustered tightly, 5 of them will just ignore you and stand there?  (Assuming they can't buff their friends, I mean.)

Yes.  Aggro cap is 16 and on my farmer I have often noticed part of the mob standing there (arms folded like they are impatient lol) waiting for their turn to attack me.  Even with all my tank (or brute) aggro grabbing tools.  Its kinda funny sometimes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sergio said:

So you can actually change the aggro cap?. How do you do that other than using the Chat bidoofa and going from +4x1 to +4x8 ?

This has been brought up repeatedly in the Tanker update threads in the beta section by people who want a higher aggro cap just for Tankers. The aggro cap is determined by enemy AI, and as such isn't something that can be changed for one AT (or one person). It can be manipulated by taunt powers causing which mobs are in the cap to switch quickly, but on any one tick the highest number of mobs that will attack you is 17.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The responses in here are pretty smart and accurate

 

one thing i want to add is context. It was not always this way. It was changed specifically to make the common 70-80% the natural operating range. The 70-80% is a number i have done zero research on. Just playing Brutes it looks like that is where it hovers in heavy fighting

 

why was it changed?  Because Brutes were out-damaging Scrappers. With better armor and health. 
 

so if you rolled a scrapper it was for concept or choices not available for Brutes. Not for bring ‘the most effective”.  Because Brutes was better. In every way

 

soooooo. The nerf bat swung hard.  I play almost all Brutes.  I dislike any nerf but i fully agree with this one. Bonus points. They got the math just about perfect and everyone is happy again

 

well. Except can we get it removed?  I wont abuse it i swear

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The responses in here are pretty smart and accurate

 

one thing i want to add is context. It was not always this way. It was changed specifically to make the common 70-80% the natural operating range. The 70-80% is a number i have done zero research on. Just playing Brutes it looks like that is where it hovers in heavy fighting

 

why was it changed?  Because Brutes were out-damaging Scrappers. With better armor and health. 
 

so if you rolled a scrapper it was for concept or choices not available for Brutes. Not for bring ‘the most effective”.  Because Brutes was better. In every way

 

soooooo. The nerf bat swung hard.  I play almost all Brutes.  I dislike any nerf but i fully agree with this one. Bonus points. They got the math just about perfect and everyone is happy again

 

well. Except can we get it removed?  I wont abuse it i swear

To be fair, even with the old formula you still wouldn't hit 100% Fury. They also reduced the rate of decay in the same patch (issue 18) while lowering the Brute damage cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snarky said:

The responses in here are pretty smart and accurate

 

one thing i want to add is context. It was not always this way. It was changed specifically to make the common 70-80% the natural operating range. The 70-80% is a number i have done zero research on. Just playing Brutes it looks like that is where it hovers in heavy fighting

 

why was it changed?  Because Brutes were out-damaging Scrappers. With better armor and health. 
 

so if you rolled a scrapper it was for concept or choices not available for Brutes. Not for bring ‘the most effective”.  Because Brutes was better. In every way

 

soooooo. The nerf bat swung hard.  I play almost all Brutes.  I dislike any nerf but i fully agree with this one. Bonus points. They got the math just about perfect and everyone is happy again

 

well. Except can we get it removed?  I wont abuse it i swear

So here's a very subjective question:  I know that there's the on-paper AT attack modifier for Brutes, putting them well below Scrappers, but does the prevailing wisdom have a theoretical, in-practice modifier?  Like, if Scrappers at level 50 in general have a DPS output of 100 (random number), what % of that do Brutes in general tend to put out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best place to search for this is the ritki pylon threads. Pre nerf bat on live the Brutes were beating the Scrappers. After the nerf and subsequent tweaks Scrappers were ahead. Sigh as it should be

 

Farm data threads can be useful as well although that can be affected by armor and survivabilty when here we are talking straight damage output

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Menelruin said:

So here's a very subjective question:  I know that there's the on-paper AT attack modifier for Brutes, putting them well below Scrappers, but does the prevailing wisdom have a theoretical, in-practice modifier?  Like, if Scrappers at level 50 in general have a DPS output of 100 (random number), what % of that do Brutes in general tend to put out? 

In practice, Fury makes up a lot of ground but it's all build-dependent.

 

Assuming SOs (which is a bad assumption given the environment in Homecoming), using the same attack chain, assuming 95% damage slotting, 80% Fury for the Brute, and a 10% critical rate for the Scrapper.

Brute: 1 * 0.75 * (1 + 0.95 + 1.60) = 2.6625

Scrapper: 1 * 1.125 * (1 + 0.95) * 1.1 = 2.413125

 

Throw in ATOs and you have Scrappers getting a 66% critical rate for 3 seconds at a time, multiple times per minute and Brutes getting up to around 90% Fury. Let's assume that the Scrapper is at 66% for 20% of the time they're attacking, and 16% for the rest of the time:

Brute: 1 * 0.75 * (1 + 0.95 + 1.80) = 2.8125

Scrapper = (1 * 1.125 * (1 + 0.95) * 1.16 * 0.8) + (1 * 1.125 * (1 + 0.95) * 1.66 * 0.2) = 2.764125

 

The kicker is when you start throwing around extra +damage; Scrappers get a better self +damage modifier than Brutes, which applies to some secondaries. Let's look at a common Scrapper favorite, Bio Armor, which adds 31.5% damage as a +damage modifier (+25% for Brutes), and adds an unenhanceable hit (iirc 10% of base damage?) to each attack:

Brute: 1 * 0.75 * (1 + 0.95 + 1.80 + 0.25) + (0.1 * 0.75) = 3.075

Scrapper = (1 * 1.125 * (1 + 0.95 + 0.315) * 1.16 * 0.8) + (1 * 1.125 * (1 + 0.95 + 0.315) * 1.66 * 0.2) + (0.1 + 1.125) = 3.3231375

 

Long story short is, keep Fury up and you'll be competitive with most Scrappers but will fall behind once damage buffs are added in.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...