Useful MM Macros for Newbs

Draeox

11 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I've been trying to make a macro that targets the pet and then cast the pet upgrade.

I thought it would just as easy as passing the pet name to target and then the power to cast on the target but nothing worked..

I gave up and just made another macro to target the pet and continued on with the keypad options to control pets. 

@plainguy

Try something like this.  I use it for casting hell on earth.   I'm not picky which pet i actually cast it on, but this targets the nearest pet. But it should work for casting the pet buffs also.  Just change the name of the spell.

/bind t "+targetcustomnear$$targetcustomnear mypet alive$$powexecname Hell on Earth"

If it doesn't work. let me know.  This is the last note on the bind that i had tried. I don't think i tweaked it any but my memory is foggy on it.  So let me know if it doesn't work on regular pet buffs or even sonic/cold/force field/thermal shields or even the ninja buff.    If it doesn't work, then I'll dig in a little deeper and get you something that should.   the + part is important.   When you press the "t" button hold it for a brief second. like a quarter or half second.  when you release it.  It should target your nearest pet and then cast the buff.

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

@plainguy

Try something like this.  I use it for casting hell on earth.   I'm not picky which pet i actually cast it on, but this targets the nearest pet. But it should work for casting the pet buffs also.  Just change the name of the spell.

/bind t "+targetcustomnear$$targetcustomnear mypet alive$$powexecname Hell on Earth"

If it doesn't work. let me know.  This is the last note on the bind that i had tried. I don't think i tweaked it any but my memory is foggy on it.  So let me know if it doesn't work on regular pet buffs or even sonic/cold/force field/thermal shields or even the ninja buff.    If it doesn't work, then I'll dig in a little deeper and get you something that should.   the + part is important.   When you press the "t" button hold it for a brief second. like a quarter or half second.  when you release it.  It should target your nearest pet and then cast the buff.

This Works great!  Just for curiosity sake, I tried it without targetcustomnear after the plus sign and it still works.  I made the following for my Bots/Traps.

/bind t "+$$targetcustomnear mypet alive$$powexecname equip robot"

The + is the important part it seems.  We really need to create a sticky for this great MM information so we can collect all it in one place.  Maybe sticky the below post and we can add posts with updated commands and tricks.

1 hour ago, Kommon said:

This Works great!  Just for curiosity sake, I tried it without targetcustomnear after the plus sign and it still works.  I made the following for my Bots/Traps.

The + is the important part it seems.  We really need to create a sticky for this great MM information so we can collect all it in one place.  Maybe sticky the below post and we can add posts with updated commands and tricks.

Ive sent a message to the board mods asking them if they'd sticky it, no response though. I'm around though so I'll be active with the thread if it does get used. 

2 hours ago, JoeMage said:

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it! Is there a macro to call all the pets, instead of having to click three times?

Nope,  the only thing you a can do is make a macro for each Tier pet summon like i did above.    It at least keeps you from having to manually click a summon location.   So it does save time in the heat of battle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 11/14/2019 at 7:33 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

Nope,  the only thing you a can do is make a macro for each Tier pet summon like i did above.    It at least keeps you from having to manually click a summon location.   So it does save time in the heat of battle.

You could do a rolling bind using a series of text files:

/bind <key> "powexec_location 0:15 pet1$$bindloadfile pet2.txt"

Use three text files:

Pet1.txt

<key> "powexec_location 0:15 pet1$$bindloadfile pet2.txt"

Pet2.txt:

<key> "powexec_location 0:15 pet2$$bindloadfile pet3.txt"

Pet3.txt:

<key> "powexec_location 0:15 pet3$$bindloadfile pet1.txt"

You can do the same with macros but you have to switch whole trays at once it eats into the amount of space you have overall. You'd need three trays and make the following macros (assume that you're using tray three (the top most one with all trays expanded):

/macro Pet1 "gototrayalt2 4$$powexec_location 0:15 pet1"

/macro Pet1 "gototrayalt2 5$$powexec_location 0:15 pet2"

/macro Pet1 "gototrayalt2 3$$powexec_location 0:15 pet3"

You'd then place the first macro in tray three, 2nd in tray 4 and third in tray 5, hit the button and wait for the power to activate, then hit it again... etc. You can use the other slots in the trays for stuff as normal but be aware that if you want to summon just one set of pets (eg Tier 1) you'll be out of sequnce to summon the others later. (This is the same issue for either of the above methods. You could use a reset macro/bind eg: /bind ctrl+<key> "bind_load_file pet1.txt" or /macro Rst "goto_tray_alt2 3".

Personally I use the goto tray command to switch my 2nd tray (middle of three) to switch to a summoning/buffing bar, which has all my pets on and the upgrades, then I can fire them off as and when I need them and switch back to the normal Bar 2 when I'm done.

/macro Pet "goto_trayalt 5" goes into tray 2, /macro B2 "goto_trayalt 2" goes into tray 5.

Obviously customise these with the correct tier pet command for your primary, and replace <key> with the key you want to bind.

Bind_Load_File uses the root of the game for it's default location unless you have a data folder (if you have a popmenu mod, icon mod or VidiotMaps you have a data folder), in which case the default location is in: "<Game root>\Data". But you can use absolute paths eg: "/bindloadfile d:\games\tequila\keybinds.txt". (However spaces in paths can mess things up.)

• 1 month later

Hi all, please excuse the noob questions here. I'm rolling with a necro/nature MM. It's my first MM ever and I'd like to be more of an asset than a nuisance to any team I might end up on.

Right now, I'm trying to get the numpad control scheme from here to work, using the first method. I've copied the following binds into the game, as instructed, removing the extraneous quotation marks (like an earlier poster, I couldn't get anything to happen with them in except an invalid command):

/bind numpad1 bind numpad4 petcompow zomb agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow zomb def$$bind numpad6 petcompow zomb pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow zomb att$$bind numpad8 petcompow zomb fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow zomb goto

/bind numpad2 bind numpad4 petcompow grav agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow grav def$$bind numpad6 petcompow grav pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow grav att$$bind numpad8 petcompow grav fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow grav goto

/bind numpad3 bind numpad4 petcompow lich agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow lich def$$bind numpad6 petcompow lich pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow lich att$$bind numpad8 petcompow lich fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow lich goto

Whenever I try to execute any of the commands, the game returns a result of "Pet command failed, no pet matched power lich." I don't have the lich yet, but as far as I understood it, I should still be able to use the stance commands for my zombies and grave knight, right? What am I missing?

Also, I'm trying to use the command set suggested by @SmalltalkJava to summon my pets 15 feet in front of me, but I can't seem to get the names for my pets right. Using "Summon Zombies" or "Summon Zombie Horde" or "Summon Grave Knight" doesn't seem to make anything happen. What are the proper names I should be using in these macros to make them work?

Any and all help appreciated!

• 1 month later
On 1/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, kyothinks said:

Hi all, please excuse the noob questions here. I'm rolling with a necro/nature MM. It's my first MM ever and I'd like to be more of an asset than a nuisance to any team I might end up on.

Right now, I'm trying to get the numpad control scheme from here to work, using the first method. I've copied the following binds into the game, as instructed, removing the extraneous quotation marks (like an earlier poster, I couldn't get anything to happen with them in except an invalid command):

Whenever I try to execute any of the commands, the game returns a result of "Pet command failed, no pet matched power lich." I don't have the lich yet, but as far as I understood it, I should still be able to use the stance commands for my zombies and grave knight, right? What am I missing?

Also, I'm trying to use the command set suggested by @SmalltalkJava to summon my pets 15 feet in front of me, but I can't seem to get the names for my pets right. Using "Summon Zombies" or "Summon Zombie Horde" or "Summon Grave Knight" doesn't seem to make anything happen. What are the proper names I should be using in these macros to make them work?

Any and all help appreciated!

Try hitting Num-0 first to set for all pets, or Num-1 for your base minions.  If you don't have the lich, then it won't find the lich when you have Num-3 set as the base for the rest of your pad.

If you still have problems, you might try the method using local text files found here.  It's the way I set mine up and it works perfectly.

Edited by Bombastus

• 1 month later

All right, I've been trying all morning to make this work, and I seem to be missing something.  I'm trying to bind F1 to select my Assault bot, then execute temporal Selection.  Also, bind F2 to select, then execute repair.  I've tried a couple of different combos, but consistently they'll only select, but not fire off the power.  then, If I hit the bind again, the power fires.  Any thoughts, oh, great minds of the masterminds?

/bind F1 "powexec_name Temporal Selection$$pet_select_name Donner"

/bind F1 "pet_select_name Donner$$powexec_name Temporal Selection"

/bind F1 "+$$targetcustomnear mypet Donner$$powexec_name Temporal Selection"

All get the same result.  The bot gets selected, but you have to hit the key again to fire off the power.  And Donner is short for "Donnertrooper", the Thunder Soldier 🙂

Good, thread, I used the guidescroll binds but I find I do terrible on a keyboard, so instead I made macro with pictures from other powers (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHUi6BWFTYj4wbfGBs3LjZL88Fym6B-8EwDr18YZcY8/edit#gid=0) so I can click the macro.

The second slot in tray 4 (red arrow) below is "petcom_all Follow Aggressive" for example. The 3 arrows are "follow" command, with aggressive/defensive/passive.  the 5 slot is the "goto" command, and the 8th slot puts my Protector bots only in Bodyguard mode. The skull is "dismiss" (which interestingly also dismisses the targeting drone Prestige power)

I'm only at lvl20, so still figuring it out, but it's been working well for me. I will likely replace the macros in tray 5 to automatically spawn near me and automatically target bots for upgrades per the earlier macros in this thread.

Interestingly enough, I can't find the name of the MM icons in the document I linked.

image.thumb.png.3e0e06c1ac7843134624cc7a31c5c272.png

• 4 weeks later

Here's another question-is there a simple way to divide your pets into squads?  Say squad A (Attack), consists of your assault bot, 1 protector, and 2 drones, and squad B (Bodyguard) consists of 1 protector and one drone, to hang back and help the boss?

28 minutes ago, gourdhead said:

Here's another question-is there a simple way to divide your pets into squads?  Say squad A (Attack), consists of your assault bot, 1 protector, and 2 drones, and squad B (Bodyguard) consists of 1 protector and one drone, to hang back and help the boss?

Are you using Sandolphan's numpad binds?

In it, his commands are generally something like:

numpad4 petcom_pow dire wolf aggressive

However, you can group henchmen as follows. In my example, "Corruption" is the name of my Hellfire Gargoyle:

numpad4 "petcom_pow Prince aggressive$$petcom_name Corruption aggressive"

What this does is that when I am commanding my Demon Prince, he is receiving commands because he is summoned by the pet summons "Prince". However, Corruption also gets the same commands because I'm giving them to him at the same time, using his name specifically. This allows me to treat the Prince and the Hellfire Gargoyle (who does -Res) offensively and send them at priority targets, while keeping the Fire Demon with me in Bodyguard mode for protection and healing the Demonlings. You can do the same by setting up the binds to use multiple commands given to individual names, rather than a single command given to all members of a particular tier.

• 3 weeks later

Alright, oh great "Masters of the Bind", is it possible to set up "Temporal Selection" to autofire on a preset target?  Sure would be handy to just have it autofiring on my assault bot.  And not mastermind specific, but can you change the font size on macros?

On 11/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, SmalltalkJava said:

I use variations of these for summoning my pets without having to click a location.  This plops them out 15 feet in front of me.

/macro T1 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demonlings

/macro T2 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demons

/macro T3 powexec_location me:15 Summon Demon Prince

You just change the "Summon Demonlings"  to what ever tier ACTUAL spell name is for the pet.  for example Mercs t1

/macro T1 powexec_location me:15 Soldiers

For rerouting my pets to a particuliar location to make it easy.

/bind CTRL+LBUTTON petcom_all goto 

Not pet specific but it turns on the enemy overhead names and shows their health bars.

/optionset ShowVillainName 1
/optionset ShowVillainBars 1

How would this work for Robots?

I tried this Macro, and nothing happened:

/macro_image Robotics_ConstructProtectorBot T2 "powexec_location me:15 Protector Bot"

What did I miss?

Figured I'd throw in here my two step bind handy for Necros out there that want to quickly create a lich dead body and then use it to Soul Extract from.  I use numpad divide and numpad multiply, but of course you can change to whatever keys or macro you want: 

/bind divide "petcom_pow Zombie dismiss$$petcom_pow Grave dismiss$$releasepets"

/bind multiply "powexecname Soul Extraction$$petselect 0"

You may need to double tap the second key.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

Anyone have the macro to make

Key 1:

Turn all enhancements into Reds,

Feed that new enhancement type into pet,

use powexec_slot 1 1,

and make pets attack $target

I'm sure I could dig it out of my binds folder from my fire farmer and adjust, but maybe someone has one cleaner. 

Insert @12thPower's insp macros and throw in slot 1-3 of tray 8 (or change it to whatever tray you want):

/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_1" "Combine 1" "inspcombine insight enrage$$inspcombine luck enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath enrage$$inspcombine respite enrage$$inspcombine sturdy enrage"
/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_2" "Combine 2" "inspcombine keen_insight focused_rage$$inspcombine good_luck focused_rage$$inspcombine take_a_breather focused_rage$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement focused_rage"
/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_3" "Combine 3" "inspcombine uncanny_insight righteous_rage$$inspcombine phenomenal_luck righteous_rage$$inspcombine second_wind righteous_rage$$inspcombine resurgence righteous_rage"

Then bind it all to Tray 1 Slot 1, this will give everything to Bruiser (change it to whatever you name the pet that needs to receive the inspirations):

/bind 1 "petcomall att def$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 3 8$$powexectray 2 8$$powexectray 1 8$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Enrage$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Focused_Rage$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Righteous_Rage"

Or give inspirations to your currently targeted pet:

/bind 1 "petcomall att def$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 3 8$$powexectray 2 8$$powexectray 1 8$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused_Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous_Rage"

Spamming attack command might keep cancelling your pet attacks, you've been warned. If you want to remove it, remove "petcomall att def$$".

9 hours ago, Hopestar said:

Insert @12thPower's insp macros and throw in slot 1-3 of tray 8 (or change it to whatever tray you want):

/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_1" "Combine 1" "inspcombine insight enrage$$inspcombine luck enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath enrage$$inspcombine respite enrage$$inspcombine sturdy enrage"
/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_2" "Combine 2" "inspcombine keen_insight focused_rage$$inspcombine good_luck focused_rage$$inspcombine take_a_breather focused_rage$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement focused_rage"
/macro_image "Inspiration_science_breakthru_Lvl_3" "Combine 3" "inspcombine uncanny_insight righteous_rage$$inspcombine phenomenal_luck righteous_rage$$inspcombine second_wind righteous_rage$$inspcombine resurgence righteous_rage"

Then bind it all to Tray 1 Slot 1, this will give everything to Bruiser (change it to whatever you name the pet that needs to receive the inspirations):

/bind 1 "petcomall att def$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 3 8$$powexectray 2 8$$powexectray 1 8$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Enrage$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Focused_Rage$$inspexecpetname Bruiser Righteous_Rage"

Or give inspirations to your currently targeted pet:

/bind 1 "petcomall att def$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 3 8$$powexectray 2 8$$powexectray 1 8$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused_Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous_Rage"

Spamming attack command might keep cancelling your pet attacks, you've been warned. If you want to remove it, remove "petcomall att def$$".

Thanks!

One small change:

For all of these, i had to reverse the order to this:

inspexec_pet_name PETNAME Righteous_Rage

• 1 year later
On 11/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, MaHaBone said:

I always map the thumb button on my mouse to Bodyguard mode. Because I am a clod and its much easier to just grab my whole mouse than find the right button in a crisis.

My pets are always on bodyguard mode.