Best Solo Build?

ceto555

12 hours ago, Kysmelly69 said:

Mid's isnt loading what should go into Rending Flurry.  It looks like a scrapper set?  Any ideas what to put in its place?  This post is older, so with that said, is the build still relevant?  Thank You!

Yeah, it's the other Stalker ATO set (Superior)

I think I'm gonna have to push up new copies of the templates.

The old ones are presenting problems to newer Mids.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 3 weeks later

There is no one best as I think we all know.  It comes down to personal preferences and what not.  Like for me Savage Melee is very underwhelming as I felt my koll times to be long and I couldn't feel the damage, probably because of all the DoT.  I can comment on my own stalkers though and I'll try to keep variety in the sets too

*HM=Honorable Mentions

Sturdiest > Dark Melee / Invulnerability --- HM > Dark Melee/Shield (I am sensing a pattern here)

Hardest Hitting > Energy Melee / Bio --- HM > Psi/ or StJ/ with /Bio or /Shield 

Best AoE > Electrical Melee / Shield --- HM > Elec/, Staff/, Radiation/, Savage/ and /Shield, /Radiation, /Fire 

Funnest? ...well that's up to you

My personal axioms on Stalkers:

Shield > SR

SR is mostly a one trick pony (defense) but typically allows for more varied power pool choices

Psi Melee doesn't have a problem in the End Game, it still hits hard, kills fast, and Mass Levitate is good at mitigation

Some people like Savage Melee a lot, I am not one of them...yet?...ever?

Ninjitsu is better on Scrappers

Claws is better on Scrappers

Radiation Melee is better on Brutes

Stalkers Should have War Mace and Battle Axe

Favorite Melee Sets: Dark/, Psi/, Energy/, StJ/, Elec/

Favorite Armor Sets: /Bio, /Invuln, /EA, /Radiation, /WP, /Dark

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

There is no one best as I think we all know.  It comes down to personal preferences and what not.  Like for me Savage Melee is very underwhelming as I felt my koll times to be long and I couldn't feel the damage, probably because of all the DoT.  I can comment on my own stalkers though and I'll try to keep variety in the sets too

*HM=Honorable Mentions

Sturdiest > Dark Melee / Invulnerability --- HM > Dark Melee/Shield (I am sensing a pattern here)

Hardest Hitting > Energy Melee / Bio --- HM > Psi/ or StJ/ with /Bio or /Shield 

Best AoE > Electrical Melee / Shield --- HM > Elec/, Staff/, Radiation/, Savage/ and /Shield, /Radiation, /Fire 

Funnest? ...well that's up to you

My personal axioms on Stalkers:

Shield > SR

SR is mostly a one trick pony (defense) but typically allows for more varied power pool choices

Psi Melee doesn't have a problem in the End Game, it still hits hard, kills fast, and Mass Levitate is good at mitigation

Some people like Savage Melee a lot, I am not one of them...yet?...ever?

Ninjitsu is better on Scrappers

Claws is better on Scrappers

Radiation Melee is better on Brutes

Stalkers Should have War Mace and Battle Axe

Favorite Melee Sets: Dark/, Psi/, Energy/, StJ/, Elec/

Favorite Armor Sets: /Bio, /Invuln, /EA, /Radiation, /WP, /Dark

Do you have a DM/SD build you would be willing to share?  Haven't got far on my DM and trying to figure the primary powers...